R1665
R1665
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Animator
Musician/remixer needed Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 12:00 AM Reply

Let's get right to it -

I have a side-project on my plate that needs a little custom musical attention. Here is the template I'd be looking for:

TimeSplitters FP OST: Like a Robot (Instrumental)

I love the playful atmosphere and tone, but most of the song seems empty and entirely too simple. What I have in mind is a (relatively) lighthearted fight/chase/action scenario and I need this song or something like it as the main anthem. I know that most of my choreographic history has been hardcore blood-and-guts, but I'm not looking for that vibe this time around. I need it to be a little faster, a lot fuller, and much more suited for a quick skirmish that wouldn't be expected to end in death.

It would also help if it were constructed such that it could be cut down or extended as needed to accommodate the completed fight length, whatever that may be. Interested musicians should also know that there is opportunity here for later movie scoring consideration. That said, don't worry if you can't give me exactly what I'm looking for with this project. I'm looking for the future, too.

One last thing - Don't worry about the fact that I described this as a "side project". MK FAILtality was a side project and it got huge exposure.

R1665

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Musician/remixer needed Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 01:42 AM Reply

At 9/14/12 12:00 AM, R1665 wrote: Let's get right to it -

I have a side-project on my plate that needs a little custom musical attention. Here is the template I'd be looking for:

TimeSplitters FP OST: Like a Robot (Instrumental)

I love the playful atmosphere and tone, but most of the song seems empty and entirely too simple. What I have in mind is a (relatively) lighthearted fight/chase/action scenario and I need this song or something like it as the main anthem. I know that most of my choreographic history has been hardcore blood-and-guts, but I'm not looking for that vibe this time around. I need it to be a little faster, a lot fuller, and much more suited for a quick skirmish that wouldn't be expected to end in death.

It would also help if it were constructed such that it could be cut down or extended as needed to accommodate the completed fight length, whatever that may be. Interested musicians should also know that there is opportunity here for later movie scoring consideration. That said, don't worry if you can't give me exactly what I'm looking for with this project. I'm looking for the future, too.

One last thing - Don't worry about the fact that I described this as a "side project". MK FAILtality was a side project and it got huge exposure.

R1665

The details you offer are slightly confusing... Why exactly should many of the talented artist here work on this remix for you? Is there any compensation offer for doing this remix? You mention exposure, but in what way are you talking about?

I'm not sure how popular you are in any type of way, but I'm pretty sure most of these questions will be arisen by a lot of artist here...

R1665
R1665
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Animator
Response to Musician/remixer needed Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 01:22 PM Reply

The details you offer are slightly confusing... Why exactly should many of the talented artist here work on this remix for you? Is there any compensation offer for doing this remix? You mention exposure, but in what way are you talking about?

Good questions. I shall answer them in order.

Why exactly should many of the talented artist here work on this remix for you?

That is a question best answered by the talented artists. I make no promises and I twist no arms. If the musician is interested in performing such a task, sees what my flash animation history is, and decides that contributing to it is a worthwhile venture, then that's great. If not, they pass it up having lost only the time it took to read the request.

I've never scouted for a musician before so I am green regarding the industry protocols, I'll admit. I'm not saying that one should go spend a bunch of time on what is essentially an audition. I suppose I did not make that clear and I must apologize for it. What I did was give an idea of what I would be looking for as the end result of a willing musician's efforts in this project. A few interested people have already responded using examples of their previous work. That is turning out to be amazingly useful.

Is there any compensation offer for doing this remix?

Nope. I would not even know what price would be considered fair or acceptable. That said, any musician who requires money for their time is more than welcome to name their price. However, as my own creative history exists for the sake of creativity and not financial gain, I will gravitate towards people with similar values. Considering that I am not demanding that uninterested parties do things that they would otherwise not want to do, I do not believe that is unfair.

You mention exposure, but in what way are you talking about?

The same exposure that any animation on Newgrounds provides - Views on material. If being credited/co-authored in a production that will be seen by thousands is exposure worth the effort, then it's mutually beneficial. If it's not worth the effort, then don't do it. If in doubt as to the caliber of my projects, one can always view my production history. Again, I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.

R1665

z-raven
z-raven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Musician/remixer needed Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 02:13 PM Reply

Sup man. I sent you a PM with more info.

Deflektor
Deflektor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Musician/remixer needed Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 03:33 PM Reply

I made a comment on your newspost, with links to my stuff.

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Musician/remixer needed Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 05:05 PM Reply

A valid response, and once that has obviously accumulated interest... Thanks for taking the time to address the issues :).

R1665
R1665
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Animator
Response to Musician/remixer needed Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 04:44 PM Reply

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. I've checked out everything that has been sent, but I am not yet ready to make decisions or contacts on an individual basis. There is lots of good stuff there and it is all being heard.

Once I've come up with a finalized approach, I will update both this topic and my userpage so that everyone knows what's going on.

Again, my deepest thanks to everyone interested.

R1665