New Topic Respond to this Topic
Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 09:31 AM Reply

Because she was "depressed about her husband's deployment".

http://www.4vf.net/military-mom-21-let-her-toddler-die-becau se-she-was-too-depressed-about-her-husbands-deployment/

I swear, men and women should have mental checks before having children.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 09:36 AM Reply

She wasn't suicidally depressed at the time of the child's conception, and the report mentions no previous counts of neglect on her first two children.

Mownkey
Mownkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 09:38 AM Reply

<comment>

RedCoin
RedCoin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 09:42 AM Reply

Well now she really does have something to be depressed about, the silly fucking cow.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer

throw baby.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Lucian-MK-IV
Lucian-MK-IV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer

Women... can't live with them and killing them is illegal.

"GROOOOAAAAAR!!!!" - Tyrannosaurus rex, 65 million years ago

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 11:22 AM Reply

Oh what? THat's horrible.

kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 11:40 AM Reply

I hope when he gets back he beats her with a frying pan

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
RedCoin
RedCoin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 12:07 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 09:42 AM, Lucian-MK-IV wrote: Women... can't live with them and killing them is illegal.

Thats because they're a protected species.

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 12:09 PM Reply

That's an excuse in the same tier as "I don't wanna go to school today because I don't want to"

VJF
VJF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 12:55 PM Reply

Anyone else notice that she had two more kids along with the toddler that died?If she was that crazy, it seems her kids will grow up to be the same, but still, no excuse for what she did. Parents are there to protect their children. When a child is first born into this world, the first thing it does is cling to the two beings that raise it. It trusts these two with its life, and when that trust is broken in abuse of any form, that child is broken forever.

I hope she gets the death penalty for this, but knowing the law these days, she'll plead out for Manslaughter Two and 3 counts of Child Endangerment and probably only serve 8-10 years in prison if that.

"I await the sweet release of Death. And I plan to take my enemies with me."---Unknown source.
"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 01:14 PM Reply

I honestly don't judge her, and actually feel sorry for her. She's clearly severely depressed, she's tried committing suicide several times but her friend has talked her out of it. She's clearly experiencing heavy guilt from neglecting her children and she's going to regret this for the rest of her life, which could cause her depression to get even worse.

Also, if any of you haven't had clinical depression, you have absolutely no fucking right to judge. I was clinically depressed between the ages of 10-14 and I returned to it 15-17 and it's possible I'll sink into it again.

You have no idea how much it fucks with your mind. Severe depression IS an excuse for neglecting her kids and any psychologist would tell you that. Believe me. I'm not even going to argue, but before any ignorant retard attempts to argue with me while not having a clue what depression is (Here's a hint: It isn't a case of the "blues", it's WAY more serious than that. It's a mental illness.) bear in mind I'm actually not going to argue back unless you actually know what you're talking about and not just being a judging prick.

If the cuckoo does not sing, kill it.
"I believe in the democratization of fear." - Darth Jadus

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 01:16 PM Reply

Why do stupid people have children?

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 01:18 PM Reply

She no can haz cheeseburger.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
RedCoin
RedCoin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 01:24 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 01:16 PM, Boomstick wrote: Why do stupid people have children?

Because they're too stupid to know they shouldnt.

BBS Signature
wreckr
wreckr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 01:28 PM Reply

Wow, what a poor excuse for being a lazy bitch. And chemical burns? This woman should be locked away for a very long time.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 01:28 PM Reply

I think people should have mental checks, PERIOD!

But I doubt we will ever be able to tell if someones a mad baby murder nutbag or not.

BBS Signature
akmeteor
akmeteor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 01:14 PM, HomicidialFrog wrote:
You have no idea how much it fucks with your mind. Severe depression IS an excuse for neglecting her kids and any psychologist would tell you that. Believe me. I'm not even going to argue, but before any ignorant retard attempts to argue with me while not having a clue what depression is (Here's a hint: It isn't a case of the "blues", it's WAY more serious than that. It's a mental illness.) bear in mind I'm actually not going to argue back unless you actually know what you're talking about and not just being a judging prick.

My mother had clinical depression for 5 years raising us, and we typically came out more behaved and well-mannered. I exclude my sister due to her just being....weird...

She cooked, cleaned, and generally took care of us just fine. I also know people who went through this via military wives as well. They had depression, but still knew they should take care of their children.

Well.

Shit.

HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 01:47 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 01:32 PM, akmeteor wrote:
At 9/13/12 01:14 PM, HomicidialFrog wrote:
My mother had clinical depression for 5 years raising us, and we typically came out more behaved and well-mannered. I exclude my sister due to her just being....weird...

She cooked, cleaned, and generally took care of us just fine. I also know people who went through this via military wives as well. They had depression, but still knew they should take care of their children.

I'm actually going to argue with you because you're not a dumb prick arguing with me over something you don't know nothing about and are infact someone who knows what depression is.

Anyway, yes but this woman's case might of been way more severe than your mother's. I had depression pretty bad at a young age because of a completely awful childhood. I never even attempted suicide because I wasn't that bad, (Though I did think about it alot. Still wasn't bad enough to actually go through with it.) but I could barely manage attending school, keeping myself in good hygiene and alot of other basic things that I completely and utterly neglected. I barely managed even simple tasks, so I couldn't imagine what it's like to have an evidently more of a severe case of depression and having three kids to manage on your complete own.

She also had no whatsoever family around her besides her three kids, so I bet she had little support raising her kids and I could go on. She knew she had to take care of her kids. She said so. And she deeply regrets it, which I have no doubt of. I used to know I had to go to school, shower regularly, eat regularly but I didn't have the energy for it even if I wanted to do those things. They was too much work. And those are relatively simple things. I mean, I never attempted to kill myself once, nevermind three times. So it's evident her case was way worse than mine. Then consider how something like showering and eating regularly was difficult for me, which is relatively simple. I can't imagine what it'd be like to raise kids in a much deeper depression than the one I had.

Considering all that, I can't help but hope the woman get's better, I also deeply sympathize with her, hope she goes into a mental asylum and isn't punished and thrown into a prison but given the help and support she desperately needs and especially hope her husband forgives her.

If the cuckoo does not sing, kill it.
"I believe in the democratization of fear." - Darth Jadus

akmeteor
akmeteor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 01:52 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 01:47 PM, HomicidialFrog wrote:
Many a good valid point in which go over my quote limit.

While I do agree that most likely her case was much worse than my mothers. I just have a firm belief that Maternal Instinct has some strange way of overcoming most mental distress.

Also, on the husband forgiving her. If it were me personally. It would take me a while, but I eventually could. I just want her to put through with the effort of us getting over that together, then I could forgive her.

Well.

Shit.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 02:15 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 09:42 AM, Lucian-MK-IV wrote: Women... can't live with them and killing them is illegal.

One woman let's her child die.
Your response is to blame women.

You're a man.
Are you Charles Manson?

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 02:39 PM Reply

That's ridiculous. How does depression prevent you from feeding your child?

âEU~I just got tired of always changing the sheets, so it was on there a little bit longer than it should have been,âEUTM she said about her deceased daughterâEUTMs exposure to human waste. âEU~I made a horrible, horrible mistake that IâEUTMm going to pay for for the rest of my life,âEUTM she said.

You'd think the responsibility over your own child would be enough for one to keep their shit together. There has to be more to this.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 09:31 AM, Piemix wrote: I swear, men and women should have mental checks before having children.

Women get massively depressed after having a bairn because their hormones are all over the map.
So any pre-bairn mental checks they go through wouldn't mean anything.

T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
AutumnalEquinox
AutumnalEquinox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Art Lover
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 08:08 PM Reply

Throw her a bone.

Sig made by Skaren
Formerly known as StonedGrenade

BBS Signature
YenMuffin
YenMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 08:19 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 09:31 AM, Piemix wrote: Because she was "depressed about her husband's deployment".

http://www.4vf.net/military-mom-21-let-her-toddler-die-becau se-she-was-too-depressed-about-her-husbands-deployment/

I swear, men and women should have mental checks before having children.

BRB, Neglecting children.

Gamertag: YenMuffin || Minecraft ID: YenMuffin || Noticing a pattern? Pikachu.

BBS Signature
SqueezyLemon
SqueezyLemon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 08:46 PM Reply

shes hot

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 09:07 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 01:24 PM, Bees wrote: kid deserved it

You beat me to it.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Pony-lover-lightbulb
Pony-lover-lightbulb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 09:09 PM Reply

Well that's very nasty.

This is a message to all you pony haters and anti-bronies out there! Important Message to Pony haters

wreckr
wreckr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to Mom lets her child die Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 09:23 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 02:45 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 9/13/12 09:31 AM, Piemix wrote: I swear, men and women should have mental checks before having children.
Women get massively depressed after having a bairn because their hormones are all over the map.
So any pre-bairn mental checks they go through wouldn't mean anything.

But you don't see every single woman doing things like this to their children. So I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a test right?

BBS Signature