00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

buying an snes

905 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

buying an snes 2012-09-12 13:24:55

so i went up to the basement yesterday to find my old snes, sadly it was now and paperweight :( but i was thinking about buying a new but how much should i pay for it?

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to buying an snes 2012-09-12 13:39:08

Wouldn't it have been easier to just search for SNES on eBay and see what sort of price they're selling for? You'd find out quicker than you will waiting for users to reply.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to buying an snes 2012-09-12 13:45:49

what's so good about the console besides Zelda, Mario, Castlevania & Mortal Kombat anyway?

filler text

Response to buying an snes 2012-09-12 14:16:21

Just look it up on ebay. I'm assuming you still have the cables so the console alone shouldn't run you more than $20.

At 9/12/12 01:45 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: what's so good about the console besides Zelda, Mario, Castlevania & Mortal Kombat anyway?
besides some of the absolute best games ever made

Mega Man, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Final Fantasy, Axelay, Goof Troop, Dragon Quest, Street Fighter, 7th Saga, ActRaiser, Shadowrun, Arcana, Contra, Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero, Kirby, Super Metroid, Ogre Battle, Secret of Mana, Super Punch-Out, Turtles in Time, Breath of Fire, Final Fight, Ghosts'n'Goblins, Zombies Ate My Neighbors etc.

Response to buying an snes 2012-09-12 14:26:01

Well, depending on how it broke, it might actually be more cost-effective to repair it. Unless the cost of purchasing a new one is far less expensive than repair, then I'd say Ebay is your best bet.

Response to buying an snes 2012-09-12 14:26:51

You can always do an emulator on your PC and save yourself the trouble to buy an entire console. I do have the SNES but i chose to save me the trouble of putting the wires together and make the SNES work on my television. Besides an emulator is so much easier.

Response to buying an snes 2012-09-12 15:08:37

At 9/12/12 02:16 PM, Jackho wrote:

Forgot the Double Dragon & BattleToads crossover.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to buying an snes 2012-09-12 15:37:36

Mega Man, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Final Fantasy, Axelay, Goof Troop, Dragon Quest, Street Fighter, 7th Saga, ActRaiser, Shadowrun, Arcana, Contra, Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero, Kirby, Super Metroid, Ogre Battle, Secret of Mana, Super Punch-Out, Turtles in Time, Breath of Fire, Final Fight, Ghosts'n'Goblins, Zombies Ate My Neighbors etc.

star fox

BBS Signature

Response to buying an snes 2012-09-12 16:50:44

At 9/12/12 01:45 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: what's so good about the console besides Zelda, Mario, Castlevania & Mortal Kombat anyway?

Final Fantasy IV-VI
Chrono Trigger
Seiken Densetsu 2 and 3 (Secret of Mana)
Donkey Kong Country 1-3
Super Metroid
EarthBound
Star Fox
etc.

BBS Signature

Response to buying an snes 2012-09-14 16:08:29

You live under your basement?

Also old consoles are about £20 which is whatever it is in $ or wherever you live.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to buying an snes 2012-09-15 08:44:19

At 9/12/12 02:26 PM, Jetdrive wrote: Well, depending on how it broke, it might actually be more cost-effective to repair it. Unless the cost of purchasing a new one is far less expensive than repair, then I'd say Ebay is your best bet.

by broke i mean that is crushed

BBS Signature

Response to buying an snes 2012-09-15 09:00:34

At 9/15/12 08:44 AM, darkjam wrote:
At 9/12/12 02:26 PM, Jetdrive wrote: Well, depending on how it broke, it might actually be more cost-effective to repair it. Unless the cost of purchasing a new one is far less expensive than repair, then I'd say Ebay is your best bet.
by broke i mean that is crushed

The snes is a rather sturdy console, how the fuck did it get crushed unintentionally?

Join the Magikarp Army.

Psn: Creepydentures , Mostly play fighting games(Mvc3, street fighter 3, JJBA)

3ds: 4382 - 2022 - 6462 - Simons

BBS Signature

Response to buying an snes 2012-09-15 15:40:45

The snes is a rather sturdy console, how the fuck did it get crushed unintentionally?

well being to reckless idiot i am i pushed a box on the floor not expecting it to damage anytihng but it turns out that my mothers old sewing machine was in there i want to kill myself for being such a reatard at that moment. feel free to take the piss out of me

BBS Signature

Response to buying an snes 2012-09-15 16:35:23

Well a brand new snes on ebay costs about $80, not including shipping and handling.

But hey, you should pirate it.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to buying an snes 2012-09-15 16:37:58

Average price I see them going for on classifieds is about $40 - $50. I'm trading an old DS Lite for one this week.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature