00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HumanSWM just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Should Religion be Banned?

4,911 Views | 74 Replies

Response to Should Religion be Banned? 2004-05-24 18:56:39

No religion shouldnt be banned... Period.

p.s (if you want to come back with a reason why, ill tell you this, there is none, its a opinion meaning shit.)

Check me out!

"Of course lifes a bitch, because if it was a slut, it would be too easy"

BBS Signature

Response to Should Religion be Banned? 2004-05-24 20:03:16

Sorry, but you're obviously retarded. Not only would that A: Take away human rights, it would B: Probably START wars. Someone has to enforce it, and the poeple getting told that they can't practice their religion anymore won't just sit there and think, "Well, since it's against the law to believe in my religion that I've practiced for my entire life and killed many people in many wars over, I think I'll just sit here with my thumb up my ass and eventually become a robot to the Communist government as opposed to starting a riot and killing those law enforcers." Plus, most people in the world practice a religion. I think it was over 99% of the world's population does, in fact. So who, other than the under 1% of Earth's population would agreee with that? That is seriously the most retarded solution to the fights in Israel and other places with religious battle.

Response to Should Religion be Banned? 2004-05-24 20:04:16

No.

Response to Should Religion be Banned? 2004-05-25 13:11:16

At 5/24/04 05:24 PM, shotheman wrote: You can't ban religoin how would you even start banning religion?tell people that you cant beleive in god?which would likely start a huge revolt and might result in an overthrow in government-maybe-I my self beleive in god, but im not gonna punch someone out for being hindu or jewish.No that would be stupid and retarded, I think it all comes down to the people, its the person's choice to make a bad descision or a good one, so religion to me isn't a factor.

People are afraid of what they can’t explain so they make up these ideologies and theories to comfort themselves. Yes we have a creator but what if he wasn’t meant to be praised? What is Jesus was just a man and we have blown this whole “story” out of proportion? People would go on a rampage if religion was banned.

Response to Should Religion be Banned? 2004-05-25 22:22:00

At 5/23/04 01:46 AM, RedSkvnk wrote:
At 5/23/04 01:30 AM, ADarkerBreed wrote: Religion should not be banned because in America we would have a bunch of angry Christians on our hands
Don't we already?

Ehh, I think they will be, perhaps, more angry, or even, steamed

Response to Should Religion be Banned? 2004-05-25 22:56:45

Religion can't be band it would be like trying to band ideas. That the base of religion it ideas put into a belief.

Should Religion be Banned?

Response to Should Religion be Banned? 2004-05-26 05:31:47

At 5/25/04 01:11 PM, Nirvana13666 wrote: People are afraid of what they can’t explain so they make up these ideologies and theories to comfort themselves. Yes we have a creator but what if he wasn’t meant to be praised? What is Jesus was just a man and we have blown this whole “story” out of proportion? People would go on a rampage if religion was banned.

People are afraid of responsibility. They feel less guilt, if someone or something has told them to do it. People like me say the same sort of thing, but we say "It seemed like a good idea at the time." instead of "God told me to do it" or "The devil told me to do it"

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Should Religion be Banned? 2004-05-30 05:09:03

At 5/26/04 05:31 AM, Coop83 wrote:
People are afraid of responsibility. They feel less guilt, if someone or something has told them to do it. People like me say the same sort of thing, but we say "It seemed like a good idea at the time." instead of "God told me to do it" or "The devil told me to do it"

Regligion is just another reason to go to war and if it all goes wrong you can blam god for not backing you up, is that what you are saying.

Response to Should Religion be Banned? 2004-05-30 07:03:11

Although religion is a major cause of strife, banning it is a horrible infringement on human rights.

And we can always get more people anyway.

Response to Should Religion be Banned? 2004-05-30 23:06:21

At 5/30/04 07:03 AM, Earfetish wrote: And we can always get more people anyway.

That's the way more people should think!

Response to Should Religion be Banned? 2004-05-30 23:12:32

Banning religion would accomplish nothing, it wouldn't stop the population from practicing their beliefs and establishing influences in society. It would just be an authoritarian step to oppressing the people to a further extent. Alienating the masses would also be an unwanted byproduct and this would trigger much uneccesary conflict. Establishing an official secularist stance in the government and outside religious influence would work in a more people-freindly manner, but as of now seems unattainable.

Response to Should Religion be Banned? 2004-05-30 23:24:37

I'll copy and paste what I wrote before in another thread, since it follows the same concept for this topic..

At 5/30/04 10:04 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote:

I do not believe in god. Im a very scientific person.. However, I believe his "presence" to our society is vital. Without WONDERING wether or not God existed, a lot of people would feel lost, unsure of themselves, quick to give up, and would probably do less "good" for their surroundings..since they wouldnt need to worry about heaven or hell. Sometimes, we need an unsurity, OR a surity in what WE personally believe to go on. We have to admit, humans are very fragile and need motivation to go on. Let it not be god, it will be another "spirtual" or "unproven" guide we will follow to thrive. However, god = worldwide, especially being muliple , and this helps our society with hope, faith, and a motivation to do well.
And with the thought of the devil..we would be less scared to do wrong, since there is no worry in going to hell , or being punsihed or feeling morally guilty. We all need a "god" for us to live..It is just out choice into which.

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to Should Religion be Banned? 2004-05-30 23:33:11

Religion as a form of faith is just fine and dandy.

Religion as an institution gets corrupted really quickly.

Response to Should Religion be Banned? 2004-05-30 23:42:32

At 5/30/04 11:33 PM, ANGRY_HATE wrote: Religion as a form of faith is just fine and dandy.

Religion as an institution gets corrupted really quickly.

The two are very much connected and the ruin of one would be the undoing of the other, former and latter interchangeably.

Response to Should Religion be Banned? 2004-05-31 00:00:05

At 5/30/04 11:42 PM, Reform wrote: The two are very much connected and the ruin of one would be the undoing of the other, former and latter interchangeably.

Native American spirituality or Wicca don't have much of an institution.