• 174 Replies
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 5th, 2013 @ 08:59 PM

Back in the day when I got scouted I didn't know any of this. I was sitting on my ass for a month and a halve, uploading music every week, when I suddenly got a PM with a list of people willing to scout me. I wanted to accept them all, but after the first one I was immediately scouted. I didn't even know what was going on. I wish there was a way to see who scouted me. I also wonder who the other people were who I didn't accept. A list of people who you scouted is also a good idea.

At 9/11/12 10:57 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: when a new breakout artist comes along, one of you guys will have the bragging rights of being the user that scouted them.

You WILL be accountable for who you scout, however. If you invite a bunch of blatant rule breakers, or people simply submitting complete shit, the moderators can not only ban you, they can prune your membership.

If my actions can cost others their membership and others mine, I'd like to have an overview of who scouted me, who I've scouted and who they scout.

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 5th, 2013 @ 09:27 PM

Friendly reminder to everyone to be careful with whom you scout. Scouting an artist with multiple blatant copyright infringements, for example, is not recommended. ;)

Mattashi
Mattashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 07:46 PM

I can't seem to view the list of the unscouted audio artists,
I keep getting an error saying I don't have permission to view this page.

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 08:33 PM

At 1/6/13 07:46 PM, Mattashi wrote: I can't seem to view the list of the unscouted audio artists,
I keep getting an error saying I don't have permission to view this page.

That is because YOU are not scouted yet. You have to be scouted in order to scout someone else.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 11:49 AM

At 1/5/13 08:59 PM, SourJovis wrote: Back in the day when I got scouted I didn't know any of this. I was sitting on my ass for a month and a halve, uploading music every week, when I suddenly got a PM with a list of people willing to scout me. I wanted to accept them all, but after the first one I was immediately scouted. I didn't even know what was going on. I wish there was a way to see who scouted me. I also wonder who the other people were who I didn't accept. A list of people who you scouted is also a good idea.

Same, I waited for a while and until I found out how the system work these confusions had been giving me hard times to navigate around and just to understand the nature of Newgrounds.

If my actions can cost others their membership and others mine, I'd like to have an overview of who scouted me, who I've scouted and who they scout.

This scouting action is costly. Although I'm new around here but I can see the dangers this method. There is little or no way to find out who actually owns the submission. They rip it from somewhere unknown to rest of world then submit up here legitimately by changed song title. This unlikely will encourage other people to do the community works.

The oppressed, instead of striving for liberation, tend themselves to become oppressors. — Paulo Freire

zombiefy1
zombiefy1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 05:27 PM

How many scouts does an audio submission need before you can see it on the audio portal?

BBS Signature
Misanthrum
Misanthrum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 05:35 PM

i would really love to start scouting people.. but i'm scared to because i wouldn't want to scout someone for the one track they had, and then they make another one later on that sucks and i get the blame for it o.o

rules aren't what keep me in abidance.

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 05:49 PM

At 1/28/13 05:35 PM, DoxOfficial wrote: i would really love to start scouting people.. but i'm scared to because i wouldn't want to scout someone for the one track they had, and then they make another one later on that sucks and i get the blame for it o.o

You wouldn't get the blame for someone doing terrible, they should get the blame if anything. Though I never really knew about this system so I'm going to start scouting here and there when I'm absolutely bored.

I'm more worried about if say they steal a track and I had no idea, would I get penalized for that? Personally I don't have time to background check all the people that submit to the portal, though if I know the track was stolen I'll report the Artist straight away.

This is an awesome, and innovative system (in my honest opinion, of course.)

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 05:57 PM

At 1/28/13 05:27 PM, zombiefy1 wrote: How many scouts does an audio submission need before you can see it on the audio portal?

The submission isn't scouted, the artist (I.E. your account) is. And it only takes 1.

At 1/28/13 05:49 PM, Chemich wrote: I'm more worried about if say they steal a track and I had no idea, would I get penalized for that?

We generally don't go after the scouters unless it's clear they're just scouting anything and everything without giving a damn about quality. Or if it's clear they're scouting rule breaking submissions on purpose.

If we find someone who's uploading stolen stuff that you have scouted, we'd likely just unscout the person (As well as remove any rule breaking submissions of course) and leave you be.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 05:58 PM

At 1/28/13 05:27 PM, zombiefy1 wrote: How many scouts does an audio submission need before you can see it on the audio portal?

None. Audio submissions themselves can't be scouted, It's the artis who has to be scouted, and consequently accept the scout (only once). After that all of the scouted artist's songs will be displayed in the audio portal.

At 1/28/13 05:35 PM, DoxOfficial wrote: i would really love to start scouting people.. but i'm scared to because i wouldn't want to scout someone for the one track they had, and then they make another one later on that sucks and i get the blame for it o.o

Only moderators can see who scouted who. Users can't, so you'll get neither credit nor blame for anything. The only way a scout could bite you in the ass is when someone you've scouted violate the regulations, not because they make bad songs.

BBS Signature
Misanthrum
Misanthrum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 06:09 PM

At 1/28/13 05:58 PM, SourJovis wrote: Only moderators can see who scouted who. Users can't, so you'll get neither credit nor blame for anything. The only way a scout could bite you in the ass is when someone you've scouted violate the regulations, not because they make bad songs.

same difference. i would love to help recruit members but wouldn't know if the person is going to lash out and start a whole lot of negative stuff :| and then some mod looks him up, gets curious as to who "let him in", see my name, and get rid of me ;(

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 06:13 PM

At 1/28/13 06:09 PM, DoxOfficial wrote:
At 1/28/13 05:58 PM, SourJovis wrote: Only moderators can see who scouted who. Users can't, so you'll get neither credit nor blame for anything. The only way a scout could bite you in the ass is when someone you've scouted violate the regulations, not because they make bad songs.
same difference. i would love to help recruit members but wouldn't know if the person is going to lash out and start a whole lot of negative stuff :| and then some mod looks him up, gets curious as to who "let him in", see my name, and get rid of me ;(

As I said above, we wouldn't go after you because the person you scouted happens to be a twat. We'd only go after you if we suspected you were scouting such people on purpose.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Misanthrum
Misanthrum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 06:24 PM

At 1/28/13 06:13 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: As I said above, we wouldn't go after you because the person you scouted happens to be a twat. We'd only go after you if we suspected you were scouting such people on purpose.

oh alright, that makes more sense.

zombiefy1
zombiefy1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 08:58 AM

At 1/28/13 05:58 PM, SourJovis wrote:
How many scouts does an audio submission need before you can see it on the audio portal?
None. Audio submissions themselves can't be scouted, It's the artis who has to be scouted, and consequently accept the scout (only once). After that all of the scouted artist's songs will be displayed in the audio portal.

I see, thanks man.

BBS Signature
MilkyChocolate
MilkyChocolate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 02:21 PM

Sweet. So where's the thread where you beg to get scouted?

: "Sorry, but 'FUCK.als' already exists"

BBS Signature
DannyAndrews
DannyAndrews
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Scouting Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 11:34 PM

At 1/31/13 02:21 PM, MilkyChocolate wrote: Sweet. So where's the thread where you beg to get scouted?

^ That's what I'm saying. I'm honestly having a hard time taking this site seriously, it seems more like just a game than anything (and I had been a newgrounds user for about 5 years at one point).

MilkyChocolate
MilkyChocolate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Audio Scouting Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 06:48 AM

At 1/31/13 11:34 PM, DannyAndrews wrote:
At 1/31/13 02:21 PM, MilkyChocolate wrote: Sweet. So where's the thread where you beg to get scouted?
^ That's what I'm saying. I'm honestly having a hard time taking this site seriously, it seems more like just a game than anything (and I had been a newgrounds user for about 5 years at one point).

I agree! I can't think of it as half as professional as sound-cloud or band-camp, so I make a point to also post/promote music elsewhere. The only thing the current audio portal system is doing is maybe teaching you to make friends in order to be seen, the system doesn't even seem to rely on quality or taste.
But that's just like, my opinion man.

: "Sorry, but 'FUCK.als' already exists"

BBS Signature
DannyAndrews
DannyAndrews
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Scouting Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 10:58 AM

I couldn't agree more. This kind of thing I could tolerate when I was a young teenager, and while I'm still just in my early twenties, I feel like I'm too old for this kind of "runaround". All I'm trying to do is make and distribute free music for aspiring animators, and the like, and it's far more frustrating than it should be.

DaftLucas
DaftLucas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Scouting Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:36 PM

Whenever I try to access the page it says that I don't have permission.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 05:41 PM

At 2/3/13 03:36 PM, DaftLucas wrote: Whenever I try to access the page it says that I don't have permission.

That's because you haven't been scouted yet.

You have to have been scouted yourself in order to scout other people.

DaftLucas
DaftLucas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Scouting Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 09:11 AM

At 2/3/13 05:41 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 2/3/13 03:36 PM, DaftLucas wrote: Whenever I try to access the page it says that I don't have permission.
That's because you haven't been scouted yet.

You have to have been scouted yourself in order to scout other people.

Alright then. Thanx!

tahnok
tahnok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Scouting Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 04:10 PM

scout me please :(

ulfusNG
ulfusNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Game Developer
Response to Audio Scouting May. 24th, 2013 @ 10:22 PM

At 4/17/13 04:10 PM, tahnok wrote: scout me please :(

Would love to scouted, I just released my first song Sexy Walking Stephen Hawking, I had to title it Black Hole Stephen Hawking as the first title wouldn't fit.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/536626

BBS Signature
Psilenth
Psilenth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting May. 27th, 2013 @ 01:17 AM

• Just Us
    Just Us by Psilenth

Some Bouncy Hip Hop Techno

Score
    3.88 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to Audio Scouting May. 27th, 2013 @ 01:33 AM

Since people have started to think that this is some sort of "scout me please" thread, I'm gonna lock it now.

;)