Lyco1255
Lyco1255
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Animation Software 2012-09-10 21:51:25 Reply

Hey,
I'm a new animator and I was wondering if I could get some info on some animation software that's frequented by the users here on NewGrounds. Just drop some names and stuff and let me know if there is a demo or something so I can check the stuff out. Anything at all would be good. :3 I'll better be able to post things if I have the software to make it.

francisyfl
francisyfl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Animation Software 2012-09-11 01:18:09 Reply

uhm, what 90% uses here is adobe flash. The bests versions of flash are adobe flash CS3 and macromedia Flash8.

Other people use toonboom, toonboom, ahm, you cant go wrong with that one, its more difficult to use than flash tho.

Some people try Pencil, its a free animationg program http://www.pencil-animation.org/ ive never tried it, but it looks kind of usefull.

There are other animation programs like tvpaint, which is a very proffesional one from what ive heard, and its pretty expensive, but they have a demo too.

Now, i suggest you start out with Flash8, its easy to learn and flash is what the majority of people use here, if you wanna try out pencil, you can too.

At 9/10/12 09:51 PM, Lyco1255 wrote: Hey,
I'm a new animator and I was wondering if I could get some info on some animation software that's frequented by the users here on NewGrounds. Just drop some names and stuff and let me know if there is a demo or something so I can check the stuff out. Anything at all would be good. :3 I'll better be able to post things if I have the software to make it.
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to Animation Software 2012-09-11 20:44:02 Reply

Yeah, pretty much everyone uses Adobe Flash, you can download the 30-day trial version of CS6 HERE.

BBS Signature
Pahgawk
Pahgawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to Animation Software 2012-09-11 21:06:00 Reply

Other people use toonboom, toonboom, ahm, you cant go wrong with that one, its more difficult to use than flash tho.

Having used Toon Boom, I can confirm that it isn't very hard to switch back and forth between Toon Boom and Flash, although yes, Toon Boom is a little less intuitive. For the price difference, though, it's totally worth it.

Some people try Pencil, its a free animationg program http://www.pencil-animation.org/ ive never tried it, but it looks kind of usefull.

If you haven't ever animated before, it's probably a good idea to try out pencil and do some animation practice before you fork over your money for more professional software. It'll be hard to make a full cartoon with it, but for working on your animation skills, it's good to have.

BBS Signature
rahsuic
rahsuic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Software 2012-09-13 03:16:00 Reply

I am looking to do a animated film or something like that. Can anyone recommend any software that would allow the creation of backgrounds, characters, voices, and music.

Zenacose