ArcadiaDiv
ArcadiaDiv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Has anyone used Renoise? Sep. 10th, 2012 @ 04:40 PM Reply

Renoise

I'm curious if anyone here has used Renoise before? I just discovered it via the SuperCollider mailing list and I just downloaded the demo. Just from looking at it, I can tell this is going to be a new experience for me.

For those of you that don't know, SuperCollider is an Audio Programming language. Although I'm still learning the basics of SuperCollider, I mainly intend use it for making music.

houzatosis
houzatosis
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Has anyone used Renoise? Sep. 10th, 2012 @ 07:40 PM Reply

Very much so. Got my registered copy back in 2010.

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Has anyone used Renoise? Sep. 10th, 2012 @ 10:20 PM Reply

I've only used it once, but I have to say I loved it. I'm not even a fan of trackers, and I just loved it.

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
NickJohnson
NickJohnson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Has anyone used Renoise? Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 02:35 AM Reply

Hey,

Can you please tell me what is the concept of "renoise" ??????

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Has anyone used Renoise? Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 06:57 AM Reply

At 9/12/12 02:35 AM, NickJohnson wrote: Hey,

Can you please tell me what is the concept of "renoise" ??????

It is a tracker. Google it or look it up on YouTube - If you're not used to trackers, it feels quite different from your typical DAW, the song / pattern plays from "top to bottom" for example. If you composed with an Amiga, it feels quite familiar. ;p

Renoise is very versatile, there are also simpler / more oldschool trackers with less functions, limited to 4 tracks and so on.

FaeryTaleAdventurer
FaeryTaleAdventurer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Has anyone used Renoise? Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 01:02 AM Reply

I've given it a try maybe once or twice. One thing I really admired about it was that it had a clock you could check in full screen mode, just to make sure you know what time it is and such. I don't know of many other DAWs, let alone any others that have a useful feature as that!

NickJohnson
NickJohnson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Has anyone used Renoise? Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 02:24 AM Reply

It is a tracker. Google it or look it up on YouTube - If you're not used to trackers, it feels quite different from your typical DAW, the song / pattern plays from "top to bottom" for example. If you composed with an Amiga, it feels quite familiar. ;p

Renoise is very versatile, there are also simpler / more oldschool trackers with less functions, limited to 4 tracks and so on.

Hey Thanx man.....
Yups m not very much used to tracker and may be thats why I don't know this "Renoise" term.....

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Has anyone used Renoise? Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 12:23 PM Reply

At 9/10/12 04:40 PM, ArcadiaDiv wrote: Renoise

I'm curious if anyone here has used Renoise before? I just discovered it via the SuperCollider mailing list and I just downloaded the demo. Just from looking at it, I can tell this is going to be a new experience for me.

For those of you that don't know, SuperCollider is an Audio Programming language. Although I'm still learning the basics of SuperCollider, I mainly intend use it for making music.

I am a fond user of Renoise. Any question about it, I can answer to you.

I used SuperCollider before, neat and really dynamic language. But I prefer Puredata, Csound and especially Max.

I made a tracker tutorial. I start to use trackers more often because of its workflow, speed and convenient.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature