Be a Supporter!

9 years on newgrounds

  • 2,485 Views
  • 102 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
RedCoin
RedCoin
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:03:32 Reply

I've been here for fucking ages mate.

Yesterday was my 9 years anniversary of this place so I thought to myself, motherfucker, next year I'm totally gonna make a 10 year thread, but I'd probably forget so it's a 9 year thread.

When I created this account I was 12, like most of you whippersnappers seem to be now. Lying about your age on the internet. What would your grandparents say? Who cares, they're probably dead. Or maybe not, I don't know.
Now, over 11k+ posts later, I'm a wise and learned scholar of the forums and I could give a pretty detailed history.

I started posting a lot less around 2009, but I never fully disappeared. It's nice to check in every now and then.
I don't know if it's because I'm older now, or cooler, but this place just doesn't the seem the same to me anymore. I used to find myself literally laughing to the point of tears at some of the awesome banter we used to have. Now I look around here and I don't recognize anybody, apart from a few, and every thread is just fucking balls. They really are balls. The humor is gone.

There's the negative bit out of the way, I promise. The truth is, this forum and its users helped me through some really difficult times and shared with me some really awesome times. I used to talk to a lot of you on a regular basis either on here, or on the archaic MSN chat. That is old school. But yeah, for a long time, NGers were the only friends I had in the world, during my awkward years and I would have been fucked without this place. Some of you I've even met in person.

Most of you reading this will have no fucking clue who I am, but I used to be part of this community. It was the first place I ever truly belonged. Nowadays I do pretty well for myself. I'm confident and happy. I know that a lot of you guys are probably stuck in a rut right now. Maybe you're 16 years old, you never leave the house, and you feel kinda embarrassed about the fact that your only friends are online. Don't be embarrassed. We're all still people, we're just far away. And it's better to have far away friends than none at all. And maybe, like me, you'll look back fondly on you NG days, while you're happily living the kind of life you always wanted. And you can do that shit, I have faith in YOU. I'm not saying you're all dateless losers, but statistically a whole bunch of you are :)

So lets all sit back now and post some of our good stories or memories about newgrounds, old posters or new. We can talk about the good old days. Don't forget your rose tinted spectacles.

oh, and 1 million internets to whoever can remember this:

9 years on newgrounds


BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:09:05 Reply

I do remember that picture.

Also yeah RedCoin! You were one of the original people here when I signed up!

wreckr
wreckr
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:12:17 Reply

Congratulations for being on Newgrounds for 9 years I guess.


BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:14:32 Reply

And not a single shit was given that day.

9 years on newgrounds

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:16:42 Reply

At 9/10/12 12:14 AM, Suprememessage wrote: And not a single shit was given that day.

Wow... come on dude, it's fucking RedCoin!

II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:17:15 Reply

I can't wait till I develop a superiority complex after my ninth years.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:25:24 Reply

At 9/10/12 12:19 AM, Protagonist wrote: Why is everyone being so mean to him?

He was intentionally being a wiseass on his last big ass paragraph. Not offended just I felt like doing the same.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:26:04 Reply

Great job for staying by a website for 9 years! I kinda remember you a bit.


BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:26:14 Reply

At 9/10/12 12:16 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 9/10/12 12:14 AM, Suprememessage wrote: And not a single shit was given that day.
Wow... come on dude, it's fucking RedCoin!

Your point is?

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:27:53 Reply

At 9/10/12 12:26 AM, Suprememessage wrote: Your point is?

Wow... and I thought I was an asshole.

RedCoin
RedCoin
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:28:44 Reply

At 9/10/12 12:19 AM, Protagonist wrote: Why is everyone being so mean to him? This thread is still better than most of the threads here seeing as they're all made by the same 3 people who feel the need to make 4 shitty threads a day. Anyway, If some of you guys bothered to read I get what hes saying, and also hes Red coin.

I was expecting it to be honest. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that some old regs will show up and we can be all like, 'dude, remember zebra sigs?' ect. Real nostalgia shit.

At 9/10/12 12:17 AM, II2none wrote: I can't wait till I develop a superiority complex after my ninth years.

Just because I'm better than you doesn't mean I have a superiority complex.


BBS Signature
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:29:06 Reply

At 9/10/12 12:14 AM, Suprememessage wrote: And not a single shit was given that day.

shut the fuck up

TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:30:42 Reply

At 9/10/12 12:26 AM, TheMajormel wrote: Great job for staying by a website for 9 years! I kinda remember you a bit.

Also, thanks for reassuring me it's alright to have friends on the internet. Newgrounds has become my home as well. I always feel really happy here and I prefer being here then dealing with everyday life.


BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:30:52 Reply

At 9/10/12 12:28 AM, RedCoin wrote: I was expecting it to be honest. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that some old regs will show up and we can be all like, 'dude, remember zebra sigs?' ect. Real nostalgia shit.

I do remember the zebra sigs. I also remember bunny wanting to take over the world in people's sigs as well. Been here for 6 years. So it was nice that someone like you was here.

II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:33:20 Reply

At 9/10/12 12:28 AM, RedCoin wrote:
Just because I'm better than you doesn't mean I have a superiority complex.

You should stay awhile, your wit could use some work.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:35:10 Reply

At 9/10/12 12:33 AM, Protagonist wrote:
If you know you aren't a dateless loser, don't take offense to it.

I wasn't, I replied with a harmless joke of my own. We're all friends here man!


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
RedCoin
RedCoin
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:36:12 Reply

At 9/10/12 12:33 AM, II2none wrote:
At 9/10/12 12:28 AM, RedCoin wrote:
Just because I'm better than you doesn't mean I have a superiority complex.
You should stay awhile, your wit could use some work.

I respectfully disagree.


BBS Signature
SKS
SKS
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:47:41 Reply

Dude, you remember IRC? Mamatequilia and ShitonAStick; among others whom slip my mind because their bodies have penises.


BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:49:08 Reply

At 9/10/12 12:36 AM, RedCoin wrote:
I respectfully disagree.

Fine, welcome back you old fart you.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
SKS
SKS
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:49:45 Reply

P.S. KNEEGA IM ON ABOUT 10 YEARS SOON. FUCK SINGLE DIGITS PUSSY!


BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:53:44 Reply

I remember you. I felt the same way on my 6th year anniversary this year.


lel

RedCoin
RedCoin
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 00:59:02 Reply

At 9/10/12 12:47 AM, SKS wrote: Dude, you remember IRC? Mamatequilia and ShitonAStick; among others whom slip my mind because their bodies have penises.

SoAs is probably the most attractive person ever to grace this board. I would marry the shit out of her.
I didn't use the IRC that much, I do remember it though.


BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Artist
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 01:43:04 Reply

well done

WorldOutkast
WorldOutkast
  • Member since: May. 25, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 02:05:32 Reply

Still never ceases to amaze me how many old regs are still actually active here. I remember when I used to post in the Amature (sic) Sig Makers and think that my creations were the shit.

Remove the 'the' from that, and it works much better.
RedCoin
RedCoin
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 02:15:22 Reply

At 9/10/12 02:05 AM, WorldOutkast wrote: Still never ceases to amaze me how many old regs are still actually active here. I remember when I used to post in the Amature (sic) Sig Makers and think that my creations were the shit.

Remove the 'the' from that, and it works much better.

Do you remember sinister sig makers? THAT is old skool.


BBS Signature
KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 02:18:50 Reply

Well aren't you a special cookie.

9 years on newgrounds


BBS Signature
WorldOutkast
WorldOutkast
  • Member since: May. 25, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 02:19:51 Reply

At 9/10/12 02:15 AM, RedCoin wrote: Do you remember sinister sig makers? THAT is old skool.

Oh yeah, I remember that. I never posted there, and it closed a few months after I started posting properly, but yeah. When I came back, I was amazed at how many things were still going.... Metal Hell, for one, that thread's gotta be getting on near 10 years old for sure.

Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 02:22:46 Reply

At 9/10/12 12:16 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 9/10/12 12:14 AM, Suprememessage wrote: And not a single shit was given that day.
Wow... come on dude, it's fucking RedCoin!

I'm fucking RedCoin.


BBS Signature
BlackberryClock
BlackberryClock
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 03:23:28 Reply

I really hope things don't end like this.

9 years on newgrounds

SnakeSkull
SnakeSkull
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to 9 years on newgrounds 2012-09-10 03:29:02 Reply

At 9/10/12 12:03 AM, RedCoin wrote: I've been here for fucking ages mate.

Cheers mate, to a fellow 5 year+ from another.

And here's to another lifetime of newgrounds.


Barev dzez.

BBS Signature