New Topic Respond to this Topic
Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 9th, 2012 @ 06:52 PM Reply

I hope you are all sitting down, this information has hit me like a ton of bricks and for your safety you should assume a position where you have no where to fall. keep your medication close at hand, because for many of you, this will be so unbelievably shocking that the idea of it has always been defensively dismissed by your mind instinctively for your safety.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/09/romney-fleshes-ou t-health-care-plan/

Romney is not going to repel Obamacare.

ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature
Thecrazyman
Thecrazyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Gamer
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 11:32 AM Reply

This pretty much proves Mitt Romney doesn't know the Constitution and just doesn't even care, this is why I don't trust either him nor our current President in power, yet we don't even have much of a choice who to vote for in the 2012 elections.

If Mitt Romney wins, might as well have him take the fall as he would be impeached removed from office for not obeying the rules of the Constitution but if Ron Paul wins, I could care less so as long as he dose some good to the nation itself, if by some weird weird change Mitt Romney and our current President tie and they go for people like me who haven't even voted, I just tell them they won't have my vote.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 11:45 AM Reply

I cannot believe people think this guy is conservative.

Brae
Brae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 01:36 PM Reply

Someone told Romney that he had to be very benign, friendly, moderate, and compromising to have a chance of winning the election. That if anybody thought he was just a little bit conserviative about anything, he was sure to lose. His advisors and the majority of the media paint the country (probably wrongly) as 95% liberal, and thus, only a "moderate" conservative has a chance of winning, and only when people are really unhappy with the current president.

That puts him in a bad position. Now, you have the diehard liberals, who are going to vote Democrat no matter what. Then, you have the diehard conservatives, who are going to vote Republican no matter what, even though they don't completely trust Romney. Then, you have everyone else, who's either not going to vote or vote Obama because Romney seems like a benign milktoast wuss who doesn't have much of a position on most issues because he's busy trying to be moderate.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 02:01 PM Reply

So he wants to keep the pre-existing condition coverage and get rid of other stuff. What other stuff? The individual mandate?

How will that help anyone? Make insurance more expensive for the insurers without putting the necessary tool in place to increase their revenue to cover the cost. Sounds like those with health insurance will now end up paying for the selfish or stupid who say "I am healthy, so I don't need healthcare" until they get sick and are granted insurance on everyone else's dime.

Is this how Romney, the business man, thinks an entity should be run?

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 01:36 PM, Brae wrote:

Then, you have everyone else, who's either not going to vote or vote Obama because Romney seems like a benign milktoast wuss who doesn't have much of a position on most issues because he's busy trying to be moderate.

This is where intelligence comes into play. Since one can't make heads or tails of Romney because he's a little bitch, an intelligent person would have to look at Romney's past actions. Which point to him being basically a white Obama

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 02:05 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 02:01 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
Is this how Romney, the business man, thinks an entity should be run?

If Romney was smart he'd end government involvement in insurance (and other) industries altogether. Of course, he's a liberal, so he's automatically of the mind that government somehow...helps people.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 02:05 PM, LemonCrush wrote: If Romney was smart he'd end government involvement in insurance (and other) industries altogether. Of course, he's a liberal, so he's automatically of the mind that government somehow...helps people.

Sounds like someone has never had to work through any trouble in their life...

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 08:46 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 02:05 PM, LemonCrush wrote: If Romney was smart he'd end government involvement in insurance (and other) industries altogether. Of course, he's a liberal, so he's automatically of the mind that government somehow...helps people.

Yeah, I'm only going to vote for someone if they agree to repeal all environmental legislation, food safety regulations, and criminal laws. On top of that, I demand that roads and electrical transmission infrastructure fall into disrepair. I want road providers to compete with each other, so I have my choice of three different 18-lane highways to get to work.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 10:05 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 08:46 PM, Elfer wrote: so I have my choice of three different 18-lane highways to get to work.

Or the choice of one highway at a toll of $30 per use.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 10:07 PM Reply

Romney would not be that bad of a president. As of right now he is just saying whatever he can to get the conservatives on his side. He is out to beat Obama and become president, plain and simple. Is the way he's doing it right? No not necessarily, but it's the politics we live in -- and it appears that nobody wants to change that.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 10:27 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 10:07 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Romney would not be that bad of a president. As of right now he is just saying whatever he can to get the conservatives on his side. He is out to beat Obama and become president, plain and simple. Is the way he's doing it right? No not necessarily, but it's the politics we live in -- and it appears that nobody wants to change that.

There are two things I don't like about Romney.

1 - He doesn't understand the people. From culture to finances, he might as well be Greek.
2 - His campaign has created 2 dramatically different Romneys, and that major uncertainty is quite disturbing. Will he be governor Romney or campaign promise Romney, or something completely different?

BUTANE
BUTANE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 11:28 PM Reply

Remember back in late spring/early summer, when Romney's campaign adviser made the etcha sketch comment? Well here it is in action. The Mitt Romney that we all learned to either loath or love during the primaries (depending on your political affiliation) is now re-making his image into a more moderate one in order to get elected. He already has the vote from the hard right, all he needs now is to make the average middle American vote for him. Is anyone really that surprised that he is changing his mind of the repeal idea (people actually like the parts that he says he'll keep)? If you look at Mitt Romney's record, he isn't actually that crazy or right wing. But his constant lies/vague truths to get the votes he needs make it tough to say what he will actually do once in office. The only thing anyone truly knows about Mitt Romney is that he really wants to be president (I think I stole this idea from Jon Stewart).

BBS Signature
wwwyzzerdd
wwwyzzerdd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 11:49 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 11:32 AM, Thecrazyman wrote: This pretty much proves Mitt Romney doesn't know the Constitution and just doesn't even care,
if by some weird weird change Mitt Romney and our current President tie and they go for people like me who haven't even voted, I just tell them they won't have my vote.

So you obviously don't know the Constitution either, because a "tie" is broken by the House.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 12:36 AM Reply

At 9/12/12 10:27 PM, Camarohusky wrote: There are two things I don't like about Romney.

1 - He doesn't understand the people. From culture to finances, he might as well be Greek.
2 - His campaign has created 2 dramatically different Romneys, and that major uncertainty is quite disturbing. Will he be governor Romney or campaign promise Romney, or something completely different?

Yeah, it's the same reasons why I'm voting for Obama this time around. The debates may surprise me, but I doubt it. Last year it was Captain America vs. The Dark Knight. Now it's The Dark Knight vs. Two Face.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 12:45 AM Reply

At 9/13/12 12:36 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Last year it was Clark Kent vs. The Dark Knight. Now it's The Dark Knight vs. Two Face.

Sorry, nerdy OCD fix. The mix of Marvel and DC universes was just too big a sin to overlook. Even though, I agree that Captain America is a better fit for McCain than any DC hero I could think of (hence the default to Clark Kent).

Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 01:09 AM Reply

At 9/12/12 10:27 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
There are two things I don't like about Romney.

reminded me of this

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 02:00 AM Reply

At 9/12/12 04:22 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
Sounds like someone has never had to work through any trouble in their life...

Like hell I haven't. What does that even have to do with anything. Government involvement in insurance is what has caused this problem with the industry since the beginning.

I rely on myself, not a corrupt, money driven pack of liars, to decide my life choices.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 02:07 AM Reply

At 9/12/12 08:46 PM, Elfer wrote: Yeah, I'm only going to vote for someone if they agree to repeal all environmental legislation, food safety regulations, and criminal laws. On top of that, I demand that roads and electrical transmission infrastructure fall into disrepair. I want road providers to compete with each other, so I have my choice of three different 18-lane highways to get to work.

Environmental legislation is fine when it actually protects the people instead of polluters' pocketbooks

Food safety regs. keep no one safe. The FDA and USDA are pay to play. Food is "safe" as long as you have enough money. The people who sit on the boards of those agencies are former CEO's of food companies. If the FDA was keeping people safe, would there be feces on meat? Would people get cancer and diseases from drugs 10 years after taking them? If the FDA was keeping epople safe, would you hear of class actions suits against drug and food companies? If the FDA kept us safe, would a drug that "may produce suicidal thoughts" ever be allowed on the population? If the FDA was safe, would they allow the sale of genetically modified food without any research or disclosure to the public?

Roads are fine because they benefit the populace equally because everyone uses them. Taxation is fine for that because it provides for the general welfare. I feel the same about military. Roads don't benefit one person or group at the cost of another.

And in my area, electricity is provided by a private company.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 02:45 AM Reply

At 9/13/12 02:00 AM, LemonCrush wrote: Like hell I haven't. What does that even have to do with anything. Government involvement in insurance is what has caused this problem with the industry since the beginning.

Without government involvement, health insurance would be free to deny whatever they wished, whenever they wished. They would be able to make premiums rise on a single person basis thus making isnurance very expensive (but still cheaper than healthcare, thus necessitating it).

I rely on myself, not a corrupt, money driven pack of liars, to decide my life choices.

So in other words you have never had a big enough problem where you needed help from others.

At 9/13/12 02:07 AM, LemonCrush wrote: Food safety regs. keep no one safe.

Yes they do. They also ensure that what you see is what you get. (i.e. ketchup isn't red water, and sausage isn;t partially rat)

The FDA and USDA are pay to play. Food is "safe" as long as you have enough money. The people who sit on the boards of those agencies are former CEO's of food companies. If the FDA was keeping people safe, would there be feces on meat?

Because there's no way to completely wash meat and keep it saleable quality.

Would people get cancer and diseases from drugs 10 years after taking them?

Drug testing can only go so far, 10 years is far too long to test a drug and be able to sell it in any economical sense.

If the FDA was keeping epople safe, would you hear of class actions suits against drug and food companies?

As long as class actions make bank for attorneys there will be CA suits, regardless of merit.

If the FDA kept us safe, would a drug that "may produce suicidal thoughts" ever be allowed on the population?

ALL ailments incurred during the testing period must be disclosed, even those that are not tied to the drug at all.

If the FDA was safe, would they allow the sale of genetically modified food without any research or disclosure to the public?

The whole campaign against GMO foods is a perfect example of hipsteria. Stupid hipsters would rather poor people starve instead of having scientifically enhanced food. They have nothing to show that non-GMO foods are healthier, safer, or in any way better.

Roads are fine because they benefit the populace equally because everyone uses them. Taxation is fine for that because it provides for the general welfare. I feel the same about military. Roads don't benefit one person or group at the cost of another.

And in my area, electricity is provided by a private company.

Power plant was built by the government and so were the wires, not to mention your private company gets major subsidies from the government, as providing power is a government responsibility.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 03:17 AM Reply

At 9/13/12 02:45 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
Without government involvement, health insurance would be free to deny whatever they wished, whenever they wished. They would be able to make premiums rise on a single person basis thus making isnurance very expensive (but still cheaper than healthcare, thus necessitating it).

Actually they wouldn't deny people...because they like money. And customers. Thing is, when healthcare is free or cheap because of government, people abuse it...causing the industry to raise prices.

So in other words you have never had a big enough problem where you needed help from others.

Nothing wrong with needing help from others. But why on earth would you want help from the government?

At 9/13/12 02:07 AM, LemonCrush wrote:
Yes they do. They also ensure that what you see is what you get. (i.e. ketchup isn't red water, and sausage isn;t partially rat)

You're sure about that? How? How do you know what's in your food? How do you know that the chemicals in your ketchup or sausage are safe?

Because there's no way to completely wash meat and keep it saleable quality.

So literally eating shit, is what we have to settle for? Thanks government!

Drug testing can only go so far, 10 years is far too long to test a drug and be able to sell it in any economical sense.

If it can't be guaranteed safe, the FDA has no business saying it is. Just because it's "too hard" to determine the safety doesn't mean just say screw it, and call it safe.

As long as class actions make bank for attorneys there will be CA suits, regardless of merit.

You're splitting hairs. Do you think if food was truly safe, people would be suing over it?

ALL ailments incurred during the testing period must be disclosed, even those that are not tied to the drug at all.

So as long as they admit it could kill you, it's okay? Since when does that logic make sense? Would I get away with murder as long as I warned the poeple ahead of time?

They have nothing to show that non-GMO foods are healthier, safer, or in any way better.

And why do you think that is? Don't you think people should be able to choose what they eat and feed to their families. Who the fuck is the government to decide what's good for me?

Power plant was built by the government and so were the wires, not to mention your private company gets major subsidies from the government, as providing power is a government responsibility.

That's so weird. I don't see the word "electricity" anywhere in the constitution...

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 03:23 AM Reply

Also, I'll add this.

Companies still lie about what's in their food. I worked for Breyers' Ice Cream? You know what it's mostly made of? SOME ice cream, WATER and AIR. Yet still sold as ice cream, and not listed as ingredients.

Also, let's assume there was no FDA. What motivation would a company have for putting rat in sausage, or red water as ketchup. What makes you think that's something they would do?

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 04:20 AM Reply

At 9/13/12 12:45 AM, Camarohusky wrote: Sorry, nerdy OCD fix. The mix of Marvel and DC universes was just too big a sin to overlook. Even though, I agree that Captain America is a better fit for McCain than any DC hero I could think of (hence the default to Clark Kent).

I'm thinking Sergeant Rock might also have been acceptable there...

Oh right...politics...not comics books...

I have nothing to add other then yeah, without a clear and consistent message, I think Mitt Romney will cost himself more votes then he gets himself.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 12:03 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 03:17 AM, LemonCrush wrote: Actually they wouldn't deny people...because they like money. And customers. Thing is, when healthcare is free or cheap because of government, people abuse it...causing the industry to raise prices.

The industry is expensive for a multitude of reasons, none of those being government involvement in insurance. It's expensive because of the archaic "unauthorized practice" rules, because of massive litigation leading to defensive medicine, because of insurance in general, and a general inability for competition to truly occur.

Nothing wrong with needing help from others. But why on earth would you want help from the government?

Because my treatment is still more expensive after my wife's insurance than most people pay in health costs (including insurance premiums) a year.

You're sure about that? How? How do you know what's in your food? How do you know that the chemicals in your ketchup or sausage are safe?

I know kethcup is ketchup because there is an oddly specific law dictating the content, color, and viscosity of what can legally be called kethcup. Thousands of these statutes dictate what can be labelled what and what can be sold. Is it foolproof? No, nothing is. But it works enough that I can trust the food my grocery store puts out is what it claims to be and is legally sanitary.

So literally eating shit, is what we have to settle for? Thanks government!

The government didn't dictate what saleable meat is, the consumer did. Do you want beef that's all tattered and tasteless? No? Then eat the shit. Hell, there's likely more actual shit on your toothbrush than any meat you eat, it's just that your shit doesn't grow salmonela or the most harmful strains of e-coli. Life is dirty, deal with it. At least we can rest assured now that Joe the clumsy fuck sausage worker isn't making up a portion of our sausage. That's what you can thank the government for.

If it can't be guaranteed safe, the FDA has no business saying it is. Just because it's "too hard" to determine the safety doesn't mean just say screw it, and call it safe.

I don't think you know what "safe" actually means. My car is rated safe. Now that doesn't mean I can't get hurt by it. If I crash on the highway going 65 mph, I could easily die. What safe means is that the risk is low enough to not be a large problem. Everyone knows the risks of taking medicine. Medicines can cause side effects. It can conflict with other medicines. It can impair the taker. These can happen immediately or pop up later. Just like driving, everyone who does it knowlingly accepts the risks because they know they're low. If you're looking for a medicine that is 100% side effect free, well you're not going to find it. I know the FDA has had some serious lapses before, I won't deny that, but for the most part they have done a pretty good job keeping medicine safe and creating a proper system to test and vet drugs before they go on the market.

You're splitting hairs. Do you think if food was truly safe, people would be suing over it?

As long as there's money to be had, people will do it.

So as long as they admit it could kill you, it's okay? Since when does that logic make sense? Would I get away with murder as long as I warned the poeple ahead of time?

No, because murder and accepting a risk are two different things. The drug companies are required by law and ethically to disclose ALL possible side effects that showed up during the test in order to let the consumer know of the risk. That way the consumer can make an informed decision as to whether they believe the benefits of any drug outweigh the risks.

And why do you think that is? Don't you think people should be able to choose what they eat and feed to their families. Who the fuck is the government to decide what's good for me?

The government isn't deciding this. The producers of GMO food and the sellers of all food decide it. The government, at most, has merely approved or disapproved of certains actions or claims regarding food. Anyone who truly cares knows there are places where they can go and get fleeced for low quality and unhealthy, but GMO free food.

That's so weird. I don't see the word "electricity" anywhere in the constitution...

When was the Constitution written? When was electricity invented? How many centuries separate those two dates?

Here's one for you: "General Welfare". Also, the Federal Government can do almost anything it wants with a carrot by using the spending clause. They could give Philadelphia money to help improve their power grid on the condition that Philly builds a new power plant of a certain type.

In the end it seems like you're just grasping at straws to find ways to blame to government for stuff.

X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 12:14 PM Reply

This fucking Camarohusky troll still posts here?

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 02:07 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 12:03 PM, Camarohusky wrote:

drivel. drivel

You are shockingly dense on how the government works, and how basic economies work

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 06:33 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 12:03 PM, Camarohusky wrote: The government isn't deciding this. The producers of GMO food and the sellers of all food decide it. The government, at most, has merely approved or disapproved of certains actions or claims regarding food. Anyone who truly cares knows there are places where they can go and get fleeced for low quality and unhealthy, but GMO free food.

The government cannot tell you what to and what not to buy. Grocery stores decide what foods they want to carry. A lot of stores carry organic food as well as food they get from government paid farmers. The standard fruits and vegetables come from government paid farmers. All GMO food is is playing with biology to make crops grow in bigger and faster quantities and the hipsters don't do any research into it. Norman Borlaug was already doing this kind of stuff before GMO even hit the scene and he had saved the lives of over a billion people.

Also what we have in terms of corn and all the hybrids of fruits and vegetables we have are all through the same procedures, but just through the use of science to acquire GMO foods.

So Camarohusky has it right here. If you are against GMO foods you have no reason to and all your claims will be false. If you want more organic foods which are not proven to be better for you or taste better, because taste comes down to each of us individually, then buy organic, go shop at a farmer's market, or plant and maintain a garden, but you won't catch any of those hipsters doing that anytime soon.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 06:46 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 02:07 PM, LemonCrush wrote: You are shockingly dense on how the government works, and how basic economies work

In other words you don't like or don't understand (my guess is the latter) what I have said and have decided to throw out an empty comment instead of trying to address anything. Kudos. You should participate in the Presidential debates.

Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 07:47 PM Reply

wow and I thought this would be a topic about how Romney totally stole the primaries with empty promises and then ditched the most important one only after he won and it was too late to choose a different runner.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Warning: shocking news about Romney Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 09:10 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 07:47 PM, Iron-Hampster wrote: wow and I thought this would be a topic about how Romney totally stole the primaries with empty promises and then ditched the most important one only after he won and it was too late to choose a different runner.

Well that's politics for you. If you can change the subject and bring the person along with you then you can look right in different eyes. I'm just going along with it for right now, because hey our political system in the United States is fucked no matter how you look at it. Can we fix it? Yes, but not right now because American Idol is on.

BBS Signature