00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

No audio from FL Studio piano roll?

60,522 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Mkay, I'm new here but I've been lurking about and you guys seem to know a bit about music production, so I thought this is worth a shot:

I use FL Studio 10, and for some bizarre reason, I don't get anymore audio playback when I play a pattern from almost anything in a piano roll? I can use a VSTi with my keyboard all fine, but when I place those notes into my roll and hit Play, there's no audio. Does anyone know a fix?

Thanks in advance! :)

Response to No audio from FL Studio piano roll? 2012-09-09 00:44:26

At 9/8/12 11:41 PM, spamma wrote:
I use FL Studio 10, and for some bizarre reason, I don't get anymore audio playback when I play a pattern from almost anything in a piano roll? I can use a VSTi with my keyboard all fine, but when I place those notes into my roll and hit Play, there's no audio. Does anyone know a fix?

Are you getting any sound at all?
Try adjusting some of the audio output settings!

Response to No audio from FL Studio piano roll? 2012-09-09 03:59:57

make sure you're not placing slide/portamento notes and that the note velocities aren't set to 0

p.s. i am gay

Response to No audio from FL Studio piano roll? 2012-09-09 05:43:55

Do the patterns play in song mode, or do they not make any sound at all?

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--

Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Response to No audio from FL Studio piano roll? 2012-09-09 08:37:22

If you can't hear anything at all make sure that when you open FL Studio you don't have any other audio software running. For example if you open FL with windows media player already open and ASIO is running you won't get any sound from it. Just close FL then close any player, video or anything like that and run FL again.

Sorry for the English.

Response to No audio from FL Studio piano roll? 2016-06-13 13:56:53

I am having a similar problem. When I use the piano roll in FLStudio, I can hear all of the notes as I am placing them, but when i push play, I hear nothing at all... Was working perfectly about an hour ago, and suddenly it's messed up

Response to No audio from FL Studio piano roll? 2016-06-13 14:18:13

At 6/13/16 01:56 PM, JBossardt wrote: I am having a similar problem. When I use the piano roll in FLStudio, I can hear all of the notes as I am placing them, but when i push play, I hear nothing at all... Was working perfectly about an hour ago, and suddenly it's messed up

This thread is almost 4 years old. Your FL questions should go here instead.

Listen to drumstep awesomeness xd: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/683617

Response to No audio from FL Studio piano roll? 2016-06-13 17:58:36

At 6/13/16 01:56 PM, JBossardt wrote: I am having a similar problem. When I use the piano roll in FLStudio, I can hear all of the notes as I am placing them, but when i push play, I hear nothing at all... Was working perfectly about an hour ago, and suddenly it's messed up

see my reply from 4 years ago :v

p.s. i am gay

Response to No audio from FL Studio piano roll? 2016-06-13 18:00:09

At 6/13/16 05:58 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 6/13/16 01:56 PM, JBossardt wrote:
see my reply from 4 years ago :v

dam d00d i didn't know the earth could be THAT old

lel

BBS Signature

Response to No audio from FL Studio piano roll? 2016-06-13 18:04:29

i will also add don't change the colors, when i was a noob (so, like, yesterday) i used to change color of notes just because they looked better
well thats actually midi information and depending on the instruments ur using you might be using another output/instrument whatever

but you are probably doing what midimachine said (slide, porta), or pressing SPACEBAR while in song mode or you routed it to a mixer track and it's muted

if it's one of these problems then you are not working enough because these are stupid problems that should be solved in 1 minute or less

Suck my kick!

BBS Signature