00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

tell me your worst moment in a game

3,974 Views | 51 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

i want to know if you ever had a worst moment in a game.

mine is wen a creeper creeped up on my back and went KABOOM!

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-08 14:02:11

Probably character's deaths.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-08 14:43:12

When AI partners act stupid.

When I give freebie hits/kills from tripping in Brawl.

Mass Effects 3 ending and reading Bioware trying to justify it.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-08 14:47:35

At 9/8/12 01:37 PM, joshi111 wrote: mine is wen a creeper creeped up on my back and went KABOOM!

Holy shit man, that is so tragic. How will you ever recover from the mental damage you surely suffered?

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-08 15:22:15

At 9/8/12 01:37 PM, joshi111 wrote: i want to know if you ever had a worst moment in a game.

Every second of Mega Man 1. The game is really fucking hard! No E-Tanks. No Mega Buster. And no slide. The worst part is not being able to heal all of your health instantly, there are only health drops from enemies. And I heard that you have to go through the boss gauntlet and fight Wily without healing between fights.

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-08 18:26:13

I'm not sure what the worst moment is, there have been too many.

However, I remember this one time I was playing versus on Left 4 Dead against a friend of mine (It was just the two of us on opposite teams, with the 3 bot teammates as survivors), when he pulled me as a smoker from the top of a ladder, and just dangled me about halfway down. He nearly cried laughing, when the bots just ran around in circles, smacking the ladder as I choked to death.

Of course, terrible AI in L4D isn't exactly something new, but still.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-08 23:00:07

At 9/8/12 03:22 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Every second of Mega Man 1. The game is really fucking hard! No E-Tanks. No Mega Buster. And no slide. The worst part is not being able to heal all of your health instantly, there are only health drops from enemies. And I heard that you have to go through the boss gauntlet and fight Wily without healing between fights.

Mega Man 1 is a piece of cake up until the Yellow Devil.

I still haven't gotten past that guy.

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-09 21:22:37

Mega Man 1 is a piece of cake up until the Yellow Devil.

I still haven't gotten past that guy.

yea god dam yellow devil im stuck at !!!!!

PSN: RIGHT2_BEAR_ARMZ

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-09 21:38:59

At 9/8/12 01:37 PM, joshi111 wrote: mine is wen a creeper creeped up on my back and went KABOOM!

Oh gee... I wonder how many people who have played Minecraft have had the exact same thing happen to them. I bet it will never happen again.

Anyways... there have been many bad moments in video games for me. The countless trials of Mario Party. Link deciding he would do a line of coke while I was paused so he can do sporadic jumps. Losing to the first boss in what appears to be an a battle you can't lose even if you tried.

I tend to try to play as safe as I can, so I haven't really had many worst moments. I do have two embarrassing moments though that my friends will never let me live down.

1. Punch-Out! (NES)
I lost to Glass Joe.

Hopefully ZJ isn't reading this.

2. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PSX)
I was in Danger trying to flee from Nemesis. He was shooting rockets at me down a narrow passage and I could still dodge them. I was feeling pretty good in this panicked state. I was almost at the door when he ran up behind me and bitch slapped me. I died.

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-09 21:44:01

Playing Dragon's Dogma. One of my pawns got sent back to the rift while I was getting ambushed by a cluster of phantoms. It caught me by surprise and scared the ever living fuck out of me.

Every moment of Rogue Galaxy. Guarding does fuck all, every other treasure chest is a mimic, and grinding in general is a chore. This game kicked my ass.

The Frost Man's stage in Megaman 8, Squid Adler's stage in X5, and Metal Shark Player's stage in X6. But I don't know anyone who didn't have trouble with those stages.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-10 03:44:23

One of mine was when I made a big mistake and overloaded a terminal in KOTOR 1 and in so doing killed me and my entire party in the ensuing blast. Never did that before at that specific terminal and I sure will never do that again ever.

Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing

Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots

It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-10 09:17:35

when we dont have electricity...in our India....

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-10 15:56:18

when i lost my last life on ninja gaiden 3 the nes version. or when entei died in pokemon gold, i stil don't have one to this day!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-10 19:49:02

My worst moment in a game:
The moment I realized that I enjoyed Starfox Adventures.

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-10 21:12:56

I'm really bad at a lot of games...I guess a 2 or 3 bosses in Mother 3. Atma Weapon in FF3/6 and any Mega Man game...also, grinding in RPGs

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-11 00:59:12

At 9/10/12 11:57 PM, SCTE3 wrote: 2. Chemical Plant in Sonic 2
Not a pure worst moment in a game but a constant worst moment since a lot of time spent there was trying to get to the surface quickly with it sometimes not rolling into my favor and I had to restart the segment a lot. After those 2 levels the game got slightly easier for me.

As a youngun Chemical Act was impossible...it's nothing now, but the day I got to Aquatic Ruin.....may have been my first boner

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-11 03:59:47

A couple recently. The first was during a 2 versus 2 arena match on World of Warcraft. Was down to me and the other guy on the other team, think it was a rogue. We were both down to our last bits of health, and had I used Death Strike (an HP restoring ability) I would have had him; instead I choked and used something else, which ended up killing me. Was pretty mad but I guess it was my own fault, so I couldn't complain.

The second, was more of a funny moment. Was replaying Resident Evil 4 HD, got to the second El Gigante at the forked path. Got him down to his last couple of hits, but then a stray pellet from my shotgun blast hit the platform a boulder was situated on. The boulder ended up falling down, it smashed Ashley, bam, mission failed.

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-11 19:33:53

This game is old, but in Chrono Cross, I tried to beat the boss in Tetra Tower, and kept dying. I tried every technique I could.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-11 21:16:56

Playing a 3 bar connection in Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3. D:

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-11 21:53:38

Not being able to get the last star in super mario galaxy 2 (why must i suck so much at that game?)

Also trying to defeat wargoyle in traverse town in critical mode, i had to rely on link attacks and counter rushs to deal any good amount of damage to the guy

...is it me or has politics suddenly become a series of mandatory lightning rounds in a mandatory game show?

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-11 22:29:07

My first few matches of DOTA2 (all against bots) were all spectacular displays of idiocy with the exception of one match where a good friend of mine pocketed me as Wisp the entire time.
I'm only JUST beginning to get the hang of it (I'm dying less!) but I'm still shockingly bad.

Mind you, I have no experience whatsoever with DOTA and almost none with the entire RTS genre.

Miracles happen.

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-12 00:28:41

I remember I once received a hacked copy of Pokemon Red at one point when I owned a gameboy pocket. I played it all the way, and was fully-traumatized by the experience. To this day, I still cannot stand the sight of a Pokemon Red game.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-12 04:22:49

Worst...in what way? Frustrating? Aside from trying to S Rank all of Trauma Center (hey, I'm 5 missions away), it's when I missed the final B License Gold time in Gran Turismo 3...by 1 thousandth of a second.

Oh, and Burning Laps in Burnout Revenge. Fuck. Even Criterion knew they were too hard on the PS2, the Gold times got pushed up for the XBox360 version. But I'll get them all on the PS2 yet.

Saddest? Well, most of my games aren't too story driven. But, I'm the type of person who thinks too hard about his games. And, well, when I met my rival in Lavender Town in the Pokemon Tower, where he questions why you're there if none of your pokemon died, and he's suddenly missing his Raticate, it made me wonder how he lost it. Maybe it was...my fault.

You know, Pokemon Black and White could have had an AMAZING story if they actually made you think about whether capturing and fighting Pokemon really was right. And either way, you'd beat Ghetsis, but you'd either fight N, or work with him to create a world where Pokemon really are free. But I'm idealizing again. That'll never happen as long as Nintendo can keep milking money out of it. *sigh* But, I'm rambling.

Other bad moments...when I played Digimon World: Data Squad on the PS2 after being on a Digimon rush, having watched the excellent 3rd and 4th seasons, Tamers and Data Squad...only to find that the Data Squad game was just god-awful. The combat was shallow, there was no map for the area you were in, random encounters would pop up every five seconds, and everything, attacking, registering a hit, showing the next attacker, going to a new screen, pausing, accessing your ITEMS, everything, took a good 5+ seconds to load, at the very least. Meaning it took forever to do anything. Being intolerant of RPGs, anyways, this just really put me off of Digimon games.

This post is property of PikachuGunner, a.k.a. Tanara Kuranov

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-12 16:40:49

This is a tuffy but I'd have to go with getting a super high score in that o e chain reaction game that's featured in a Simple Machine Forums Arcade (think it was at least 5 figures) and hitting the retry button instead of the save button.

I had no way to prove I had such an astronomical reaction score because of that, and never made it back to that score ever again. Other forum members would continue to dominate the top spot, but still not as high as the score i didn't save.

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-12 16:52:44

At 9/11/12 09:16 PM, MintPaw wrote: Playing a 3 bar connection in Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3. D:

To add to this, playing ANY bad connection on Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. The game is just unplayable in that lag.

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-12 20:42:28

At 9/8/12 01:37 PM, joshi111 wrote: i want to know if you ever had a worst moment in a game.

I burned up in minecraft and lost all my items.

Super Mario sunshine is dumb.

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-12 21:47:59

Losing over 4 million souls in Demon's Souls because I accidentally rolled off a cliff when I was PvP'ing.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-13 12:32:27

Kind of a general thing with me, whenever you accidentally disconnect from your internet or when someone else disconnects on purpose to save face.

Also there was the moments with Entei and my 8 year old mentality of chasing him down.

My YouTube Channel feel free to support me on Ko-Fi

I do video essays on ATLUS games

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-13 22:48:32

I was about to kill legate lanius after many tries in new vegas, and the game froze right as it striked him. So much rage.

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to tell me your worst moment in a game 2012-09-13 23:41:09

The original Crash Bandicoot was pretty unforgiving with its crate system.
I found that out the hard way on the second bridge level by falling off 3 feet away from the finish point. I was young at the time, so I took that pretty hard.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature