Be a Supporter!

Support Newgrounds

  • 22,928 Views
  • 412 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
GoryBlizzard
GoryBlizzard
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 58
Blank Slate
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 14:01:47 Reply

At 9/11/12 01:58 PM, MrPercie wrote: But it says I have bought it on my stats page.

Unless thats just an error, because I thought I had purchased it on the day this thread went up.

That's a bit different then. Oh well. In any case, I hope the store problems get solved soon. NG needs our money now probably more than any other time I can remember.


Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.
NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature
Ghombeat
Ghombeat
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 14:05:34 Reply

I would support newground if i have a credit card, unfortunately i don't own one.


A wild lurker appeared!

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 14:52:09 Reply

At 9/11/12 02:48 PM, Amaranthus wrote: GoryBlizzard already contacted Liljim.

Rob is working on the store checkout issues, will post an update when I have word!


Nightmare Cops, the game JohnnyUtah, Spazkid and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
straberrykiler6789
straberrykiler6789
  • Member since: Aug. 19, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 15:06:51 Reply

sell immunity to bans & locks for $1000

excluding illegal content of course
Patcoola
Patcoola
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Animator
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 15:29:33 Reply

At 9/7/12 11:24 PM, EJR wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/store/category/account

No thanks, the way I see it is that by submitting content to NG, NG's has been profiting from my work, plus all the years I've had to view all the ads on NG, I think NG's has made enough money from me over the years.

tox
tox
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 15:40:45 Reply

UGG you changed the background on me

T.T
rawr

now i get to go back and change the star color for my background...


call me toxie 0.~

BBS Signature
Psycho666
Psycho666
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 15:45:11 Reply

Better sales pitch ideas:
1) See Tom dance naked in the street for $25
2) Offer a book, like 'The history of Newgrounds' or something for $40
3) Newgrounds themed comforters and pillows for $70
4) Offer the first born child of any Wade Fulp for $2 Million.


BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 15:56:25 Reply

that was entirely more difficult then it should have been


call me toxie 0.~

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 16:28:58 Reply

At 9/11/12 03:56 PM, tox wrote: that was entirely more difficult then it should have been

Changing the color of the star? You could have looked in the user icon makers, I posted a psd with the red star in the club.


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Animator
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 16:34:50 Reply

At 9/11/12 03:29 PM, Patcoola wrote: No thanks, the way I see it is that by submitting content to NG, NG's has been profiting from my work, plus all the years I've had to view all the ads on NG, I think NG's has made enough money from me over the years.

You haven't submitted anything since 2003 and what you have was minimal. I'm not exactly sure that made them much of anything.


"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
SizzleBolt
SizzleBolt
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 16:38:35 Reply

Nice banner

itd be nicer if we saw example

"This is homosexual barcode translated to alphabet." - Makakaov

Oh the powers of sarcasm.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Programmer
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 16:39:39 Reply

At 9/11/12 03:45 PM, Psycho666 wrote: Better sales pitch ideas:
1) See Tom dance naked in the street for $25
2) Offer a book, like 'The history of Newgrounds' or something for $40
3) Newgrounds themed comforters and pillows for $70
4) Offer the first born child of any Wade Fulp for $2 Million.

heres a idea use one of NGs office rooms as a makeshift medical room and start abducting the homeless and start stealing their kidneys and sell them for 30K a pop. easy money.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 16:50:18 Reply

At 9/11/12 04:39 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: heres a idea use one of NGs office rooms as a makeshift medical room and start abducting the homeless and start stealing their kidneys and sell them for 30K a pop. easy money.

We tried that already but the going rate isn't that much and you can't move more than one or two a month.


Nightmare Cops, the game JohnnyUtah, Spazkid and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
wreckr
wreckr
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 17:09:31 Reply

At 9/11/12 04:50 PM, TomFulp wrote: We tried that already but the going rate isn't that much and you can't move more than one or two a month.

Well... there is only one other option then...

Support Newgrounds


BBS Signature
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Animator
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 17:13:16 Reply

At 9/11/12 05:09 PM, wreckr wrote: Well... there is only one other option then...

Tom must evolve into Tommy Fulpcetties

Support Newgrounds


"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 17:20:37 Reply

Or some light burger laundering, you rascal Tom

Support Newgrounds


This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 17:46:23 Reply

You know to the right person, a little Mexican and her monkey could fetch a pretty high price.

Support Newgrounds

Bit
Bit
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 18:31:43 Reply

At 9/11/12 03:29 PM, Patcoola wrote:
At 9/7/12 11:24 PM, EJR wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/store/category/account
No thanks, the way I see it is that by submitting content to NG, NG's has been profiting from my work, plus all the years I've had to view all the ads on NG, I think NG's has made enough money from me over the years.

Judging by your flashes, I'd say that you should have payed Newgrounds to have them viewed by anyone.

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Musician
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 19:05:19 Reply

tom sell pairs of your used underwear in the ng store


BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO FORGE FIRST TO BRING THE WAY FOR OTHERS -
H. // E L I J A H // M U H A M M A D

BBS Signature
cast
cast
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 19:26:41 Reply

At 9/11/12 05:09 PM, wreckr wrote:
At 9/11/12 04:50 PM, TomFulp wrote: We tried that already but the going rate isn't that much and you can't move more than one or two a month.
Well... there is only one other option then...

Yes/


BBS Signature
SizzleBolt
SizzleBolt
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 19:30:34 Reply

Inb4 you can buy levels for cash.

just kidding, i dont have that little hope for NG. Really.

"This is homosexual barcode translated to alphabet." - Makakaov

Oh the powers of sarcasm.

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 20:53:25 Reply

I'd pay right now if it were $5 or less.
But 25? Jeez. I don't use adblock here anyways so that's definitely not worth it.


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 22:14:16 Reply

At 9/11/12 01:54 PM, MrPercie wrote: I bought the supporter pack but didnt get the red star, unless theres an option to turn it on because I dont know where it is.

Yeah, same thing happened to me but it looks like it's all fixed now! Thanks, Rob, Tom & Co!
Gory should give the store a try again!

GoryBlizzard
GoryBlizzard
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 58
Blank Slate
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 22:34:19 Reply

At 9/11/12 10:14 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 9/11/12 01:54 PM, MrPercie wrote: I bought the supporter pack but didnt get the red star, unless theres an option to turn it on because I dont know where it is.
Yeah, same thing happened to me but it looks like it's all fixed now! Thanks, Rob, Tom & Co!
Gory should give the store a try again!

I just did on Firefox again. Still didn't go through. There are definitely still some issues.


Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.
NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 22:43:38 Reply

Hey, I did not pay the $25 and I have it to where Ad Block is supposed to allow ads on Newgrounds. What the?

wreckr
wreckr
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-11 22:45:48 Reply

At 9/11/12 10:43 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Hey, I did not pay the $25 and I have it to where Ad Block is supposed to allow ads on Newgrounds. What the?

I have adblock and the ads are showing up fine for me.

I'm on Google Chrome.


BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-12 01:25:23 Reply

At 9/11/12 10:45 PM, wreckr wrote: I have adblock and the ads are showing up fine for me.
I'm on Google Chrome.

Same here, but they're back now.

Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-12 01:33:27 Reply

At 9/11/12 10:34 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
At 9/11/12 10:14 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 9/11/12 01:54 PM, MrPercie wrote: I bought the supporter pack but didnt get the red star, unless theres an option to turn it on because I dont know where it is.
Yeah, same thing happened to me but it looks like it's all fixed now! Thanks, Rob, Tom & Co!
Gory should give the store a try again!
I just did on Firefox again. Still didn't go through. There are definitely still some issues.

Wait, what Red Star???
I haven't seen any red star, although it now says "supporter" on my page.
On Google Chrome by the way.


BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-12 02:24:23 Reply

At 9/12/12 01:33 AM, Revo357912 wrote: Wait, what Red Star???
I haven't seen any red star, although it now says "supporter" on my page.
On Google Chrome by the way.

They're talking about the star that's behind your user icon on your forum posts.


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to Support Newgrounds 2012-09-12 04:53:04 Reply

Tom why won't you take my money