00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErinJA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Interview with Tom Fulp

4,401 Views | 48 Replies

Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 15:52:49

Hello my Newgrounds brethren. For those who have seen me out and about on the forums, some of you probably don't know what else I do. I am the chief editor of The Interviewer here on Newgrounds. It is where I and other members interview the famous artists and members of Newgrounds.

We have interviewed many people on Newgrounds, you can see the full list here. However one who has been a reoccurring guest has been Tom Fulp. He has been interviewed by me, three times. I wanted to talk to him again, but at the same time I was wondering what to ask him, so I thought I would put the task in your hands.

You will be able to ask Tom and question you want and he will answer it. For those wondering, yes I have PM'd Tom and he has decided to agree to this. He has also agreed to stay away from this thread. When I send the questions to him, he won't know it is your question until the interview is actually posted. That way it will all be a mystery to him.

Guidelines
There are some things that I wish for you to take note on. I want to say this first, I can't take every single question that comes through here, I want you to keep that in mind -- so if your question isn't added don't go crazy about it. Sending your questions to me via PM will also not get you anywhere faster. Use this thread.

I suggest you read the past interviews so you don't ask the same question twice. Unless something he has promised has yet to arrive.

- Interview with Tom Fulp
- Interview with Tom Fulp #2
- Interview with Tom Fulp #3

I ask that you limit yourself to five questions. Try not to ask the same question as someone else though. In other words read this thread first.

So with all that being said... ASK AWAY!

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 15:54:31

Oh cool, more interviews with Tom.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 15:55:36

Tom, did you ever find Bugs Bunny to be attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?

"If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane." -Diki

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 15:56:57

At 9/7/12 03:55 PM, Zachary wrote: How big is your dick Tom?

I bet he's packing.

While that may be true, I wonder if the reason he made his site so big is to compensate for the lack of size down there. You know how guys will get big guns or nice cars to make them feel adequate about their situation downstairs? Could that be at play here?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 15:57:55

THE DEADLINE

Deadline for all questions will be September 21st 2012 at 11:00 PM EST.

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 15:58:40

Any plans to make a new IP or revitalize old ones?

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 16:05:19

Are you going to shut down newgrounds on December 21st as a precaution?

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 16:06:43

At 9/7/12 04:04 PM, Zachary wrote: Tom, you're the founder of Newgrounds, but can you see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

I have a follow up to this handsome guy's question:

Tom, I heard you had Reese's for breakfast.

Candy for breakfast?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 16:17:36

Tom, what is the sound of one hand clapping?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 17:25:11

1. How big is it
2. pics plz

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 17:32:19

What is the diameter of your nipples

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 17:33:00

I'll think of a good enough question later, but right now by brain is full of fuck

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 17:37:30

Tom, can we please have optional backgrounds?

At 9/7/12 04:03 PM, Amaranthus wrote: Tom, do you ever plan on giving credit to the current flash groups NG has?

Only Clock Crew, and that's just one day out of the year.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 17:40:20

When will you bring back rebelious smoking tank girl with saggy boobs? I miss her.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 18:29:06

who's tom fulp lol

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 19:23:05

Tom, if you had NEVER made Newgrounds, what would you be doing now?

Who was your hero growing up?

Did you ever expect the userbase for Newgrounds to be as... fucked up as it is, for lack of a better way to phrase it?

What were the inspirations behind your more famous characters? Pico, Nene, Darnell, Samurai Asshole, Alien Hominid, Castle Crashers, etc.?

Do you ever get tired of being interviewed, or tired of being online famous?

That's all I got.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 19:26:04

Have you ever inhaled Tom??

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 19:28:07

At 9/7/12 03:58 PM, EJR wrote: Tom, Kanye or Jay Z?

Biggie or Tupac?

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 19:30:18

Is the money you get from Newgrounds enough to feed your family and yourself?
The NG staff has standard payment every month or you just split the earnings of a month and give them to each member?
What the NG crews?Do you consider them contributors to the site or just spammers?
How many PMs do you receive everyday/per week?Do you read them all?

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 19:31:00

What is your least favorite thing about the current design, Tom?

Fun to play with, even better to eat.

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 19:33:03

At 9/7/12 07:31 PM, Vasconium wrote: What is your least favorite thing about the current design, Tom?

That's easy.Even I can answer this question:The whining and bitching about how the last redesign was better.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 19:41:05

Dear Tom,
where do you hide Audiobot?

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 19:55:02

1. What are some of the visions for NG's creativity (both short-term and long-term) since NG has seemed to stagnate and languish, especially in regard to "intelligent,""groundbreaking," or even "provocative" works?

2. Are there any plans for another Newgrounds Writing Anthology? The Anthology has been released, but the average NG'er has the attention span and literary cognizance of a fourth-grader (no offense; feel free to debate this). Do you see any prospect in what is considered to have a "higher" standard (although it is not necessarily a "higher" medium)? Do you see NG embracing this?

3. What are your current plans for the Writing Forum? What are some of the "tangibles" that would warrant a creation of a Lit Portal? (Increased output of decent literary works? Increased literary insight among members? Increased involvement in other NG media (via scripts, screenplays, or storyboards)? Financial potential; or, the success of the Anthology?)

4. In order to appease the slight (and vacillating--we realize that NG is free and nothing is entitled to us--) sentiment of negligence, are there any plans to introduce some of the following commodities for writers:

~fixed translation from word processors to posts (copy-paste issues, indentations, font/script format--low-priority)
~auras for writers?
~the ability to edit posts?
~the ability to store/share documents.
~the ability to use bullet points (this one is low-priority)
~any surprises?

5. What is one to do when a man steals bread to feed his family? If this is too heart-wrenching and you are unable to come up with an answer, then what is your favorite book?

Giving out writing reviews to anyone who wants them (exception: poems. I'll find you).

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 21:08:41

At 9/7/12 06:31 PM, Sekhem wrote: when will newgrounds get hashtag support

Tom, how many times to I need to perform "favours" for you to prevent hashtag support from ever popping up in NG? #FuckHashTags

"If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane." -Diki

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-07 21:39:04

I'm just curious if he has any future projects planned and if he could go into detail about them.

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-08 05:27:52

Do you care about the users that want a real Newgrounds related chat?

Do you think that the current featureless chat suffices and meets the quality standards of this site?

What are your plans to increase the user base over the coming years?

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-08 12:17:34

When you initially conceived the idea, and created the website, did you ever think that it would expand into as large a production as it is today?
What are some upcoming projects that you are working on for the site, or what are some things that you aren't working on, but would love to implement some time in the future?
How much time and effort do you put into running and maintaining the site and everything about it? Would you say it's typical to a 40 hour work week, or is it 24/7?
Out of everyone that you've worked with over the years with the site, who would you say has been your most valuable co-worker and why? It can be either one individual, or multiple people.

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-08 12:36:17

Tom, will there ever be another Beard?

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-08 13:14:56

At 9/8/12 12:36 PM, Otto wrote: Tom, will there ever be another Beard?

...and if so, will there be more beard games?

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to Interview with Tom Fulp 2012-09-08 15:24:58

Man oh man, the first page of this thread is fucking unbareable to read!

I wish I could think of something, but I kind of PM Tom all the time when there's something I wanna know about Newgrounds.
Hey, here's one:
Is it annoying that content creators get good to the point that they move away from Newgrounds? Egoraptor, BlueBaby (Ed McMillen), HotDiggedyDemon (Max Gilardi), Dan Paladin haven't updated for a year or more, even though they're still producing games and movies. Getting good at what you're doing is a huge strength of Newgrounds, but when the best contributors graduate away, it's kind of a weakness.
I feel like the blogs and video player is half a remedy for that (Jazza and HappyHarry, for example, are still here) and Newgrounds is getting web-player Unity support at some point, right? That Unity web player is really fucking good.
My main point is just what do you think about it, though.