New Topic Respond to this Topic
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
A Plugin That Can 2012-09-06 20:40:13 Reply

anyone know a free plugin for organizing stereo levels across frequencies?

for mastering

RobSoundtrack
RobSoundtrack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to A Plugin That Can 2012-09-06 21:00:36 Reply

At 9/6/12 08:40 PM, jpbear wrote: anyone know a free plugin for organizing stereo levels across frequencies?

for mastering

like a multiband compressor??
If so get reapers ReaPlugs
Free

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to A Plugin That Can 2012-09-06 21:18:50 Reply

not compression,

a plugin that can organize stereo across frequencies, i know ozone can do this, its an essential tool for mastering and i was guessing some free plugin with this or for this existed

AetherX
AetherX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to A Plugin That Can 2012-09-07 04:10:07 Reply

I've been meaning to ask this same question. Like a multiband panner, I guess. You could do it manually, but that would take a while and the results would probably suck.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud-- Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to A Plugin That Can 2012-09-07 05:05:02 Reply

At 9/6/12 09:18 PM, jpbear wrote: not compression,

a plugin that can organize stereo across frequencies, i know ozone can do this, its an essential tool for mastering and i was guessing some free plugin with this or for this existed

Well, here are my best shots for this.
For spreading all frequencies, Flux Stereo Tool or Hbasms Stereoizer and for getting the low frequencies focused in the middle, Basslane (previously known as "otiumFX bassLANE").
A good one was QuikQuak UpStereo, I was using a lot version 1, now it's updated to version 2 which doesn't work on my computer :(
http://www.quikquak.com/Prod_UpStereo.html.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to A Plugin That Can 2012-09-07 10:24:57 Reply

At 9/7/12 05:05 AM, sorohanro wrote:
Well, here are my best shots for this.

u da man soro, ill check em all out!

DeadRewind
DeadRewind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to A Plugin That Can 2012-09-09 11:33:40 Reply

At 9/6/12 09:18 PM, jpbear wrote: not compression,

I would just buy Ozone. It's one of the best tools for mastering. I wouldn't settle for less, even though it's a bit pricey it's definitely worth the pay. (>.__.)>

seel
seel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to A Plugin That Can 2012-09-09 11:51:18 Reply

Sounds like a terrible idea, you should try to fuck as little as possible with the stereo field using wideners, m/s processing and such. Ozone is a great mastering tool though, but you should try to get things right in the mix before reaching for the stereo widener.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to A Plugin That Can 2012-09-09 13:38:47 Reply

At 9/9/12 11:51 AM, seel wrote: Sounds like a terrible idea, you should try to fuck as little as possible with the stereo field using wideners, m/s processing and such. Ozone is a great mastering tool though, but you should try to get things right in the mix before reaching for the stereo widener.

im not looking to widen, these things are more for restricting the stereo of low end.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to A Plugin That Can 2012-09-09 14:18:59 Reply

At 9/9/12 01:38 PM, jpbear wrote: im not looking to widen, these things are more for restricting the stereo of low end.

Basslane there is then.
Or http://nugenaudio.com/monofilter.php, if you have extra money.

seel
seel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to A Plugin That Can 2012-09-09 16:06:58 Reply

At 9/9/12 01:38 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 9/9/12 11:51 AM, seel wrote: Sounds like a terrible idea, you should try to fuck as little as possible with the stereo field using wideners, m/s processing and such. Ozone is a great mastering tool though, but you should try to get things right in the mix before reaching for the stereo widener.
im not looking to widen, these things are more for restricting the stereo of low end.

Use high pass filters and cut low mids on instruments that don't need them then and have bass+kick in the center.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to A Plugin That Can 2012-09-09 17:40:15 Reply

he probably knows what he's doing.

i use sonalksis stereotools because i won it a few years ago haha.

p.s. i am gay