Psycho666
Psycho666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Melancholy
Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 02:36 PM Reply

I've been reading a lot of articles recently that say that the existence of 'alien life', somewhere in the universe, is almost a certain prospect. Makes a bit of sense though, seeing as we cannot be the 'oldest' living thing in the universe.
If this assertion becomes true, the chances that 'aliens' will look like us, or even be as developed as us, if we find them first, could be very close to none.
So then think of the phrase 'made in god's image'. Apparently, we all look like god. Just humans. Not other animals, not trees, not the moon. Just humans.
So by default, if said possible alien life exists, and it doesn't look human, by religious logic they are either godless, or our god never existed in the way we believe.

As an opposite flip, if said supposed 'aliens' have a similar religious viewpoint, and our existence nullifies their religious viewpoints, do we attempt to convince them that their god is false, and ours is real?

What if the 'aliens' race is older than ours? Would their previous religious precedents overrule our own religions by default?
What if an older 'alien race' has no sense of religion, or even sees 'faith' as a mental illness of sorts?

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 02:39 PM Reply

You're misunderstanding "In God's image".

By in God's Image, it means God created humanity to imitate him. Humans create inventions, create ideas, create stories, create art, etc. etc. Humans are creators in the image of God.

If the cuckoo does not sing, kill it.
"I believe in the democratization of fear." - Darth Jadus

PeterM
PeterM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 02:43 PM Reply

God is fictitious.

Fictitious creations aren't racist.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 02:44 PM Reply

At 9/6/12 02:43 PM, PeterM wrote: Fictitious creations aren't racist.

Havent you ever played elder scrolls?

PeterM
PeterM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 02:47 PM Reply

At 9/6/12 02:44 PM, BumFodder wrote:

No I can't say that I have ever played that game.

X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 02:50 PM Reply

Can't say he has ever even come close to the issue of race besides this passage,

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:28)

A lot of people seem to think a religion's principles are decided upon by the followers and not the founder(s) of said religion.

The opposite is the case, my friends.

BBS Signature
All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 02:51 PM Reply

At 9/6/12 02:39 PM, HomicidialFrog wrote: You're misunderstanding "In God's image".

By in God's Image, it means God created humanity to imitate him. Humans create inventions, create ideas, create stories, create art, etc. etc. Humans are creators in the image of God.

even if it meant to look like God, the bible says all creatures were created by him, these alien life forms could be included in the creatures he made, there's nothing saying none of these creatures are/were capable of sentience.

tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 02:55 PM Reply

By the time that we reach the stars, us hope that we as humans were beyond that of faith in something (that in my view) foes not exist... althought when it comes to the thought of something like dead space and the artifact... well there is something to be said about alien technology that we wont understand and follow it as a religious object...

Like fooling around with a atom bomb... yeah its a magnificent piece of machinery, and it does stuff to people, but if you font understand the science behind it, well it could be viewed as a religious object... be it.our God is angry with you, he will sacrifice himself and us to kill you in his fiery glow...

Science... what we don't understand... what we do understand... what we chose to see... what we are told to see...

I liked this thread actually... concepts of war... religious zealots... star wars. And faith to the devine

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 03:01 PM Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4CRkpBGQzU&feature=list_othe r&playnext=1&list=AL94UKMTqg-9Ae2L6JHobw24LIcM3u4fR6

If God had a name, what would it be
And would you call it to his face
If you were faced with him in all his glory
What would you ask if you had just one question

And yeah yeah God is great yeah yeah God is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if God was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home

If God had a face what would it look like
And would you want to see
If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophets

And yeah yeah god is great yeah yeah god is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if God was one of us
He's trying to make his way home
Back up to heaven all alone
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for the pope maybe in rome

And yeah yeah God is great yeah yeah God is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if god was one of us
Just trying to make his way home
Like a holy rolling stone
Back up to heaven all alone
Just trying to make his way home
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for the pope maybe in rome

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Psycho666
Psycho666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 03:11 PM Reply

At 9/6/12 02:39 PM, HomicidialFrog wrote: You're misunderstanding "In God's image".

Okay, so I can agree that my interpretations of that phrase may have been without much insight. But there are still possibilities out there. Say for instance, that somewhere out there, there actually is another race, that actually is created by another race. I'm talking about from the test-tube, out of the petri dish , hello eukaryotic organelles and holy shit its got a brain now- created from scratch.
Does that qualify that other race as 'god'? At what point is there an 'equal to god' point?

BBS Signature
Qelaion
Qelaion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 03:12 PM Reply

• God's Cock
    God's Cock by CuteAndFuzzy

to worship a man is to worship god

Score
    2.77 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Voice Demo
    Popularity

BC | SC | FB
Click the sig for my Youtube.

BBS Signature
angrycomputer1995
angrycomputer1995
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Audiophile
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 03:13 PM Reply

At 9/6/12 02:36 PM, Psycho666 wrote: I've been reading a lot of articles recently that say that the existence of 'alien life', somewhere in the universe, is almost a certain prospect. Makes a bit of sense though, seeing as we cannot be the 'oldest' living thing in the universe.
If this assertion becomes true, the chances that 'aliens' will look like us, or even be as developed as us, if we find them first, could be very close to none.
So then think of the phrase 'made in god's image'. Apparently, we all look like god. Just humans. Not other animals, not trees, not the moon. Just humans.
So by default, if said possible alien life exists, and it doesn't look human, by religious logic they are either godless, or our god never existed in the way we believe.

As an opposite flip, if said supposed 'aliens' have a similar religious viewpoint, and our existence nullifies their religious viewpoints, do we attempt to convince them that their god is false, and ours is real?

Some people would if they ever accepted aliens in their lives.

What if the 'aliens' race is older than ours? Would their previous religious precedents overrule our own religions by default?

Only if the humans accept that. And with humans I mean all important ones that have something to do with religion, starting from religious teachers at school, to pastors, the pope and more like that. I don't think all humans would accept the older religion though, unless the aliens would use some kind of dark magic or kill all humans that still believe in the newer religions.

What if an older 'alien race' has no sense of religion, or even sees 'faith' as a mental illness of sorts?

They could happen to brainwash us into believing into nothing, or just kill us like Hitler did to all the people he didn't like.
I don't really know how aliens would react anyway, since every sort of alien could be an individual one. It's scary, but aliens could exist and no one really knows how anything started.

I am evil.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 03:29 PM Reply

At 9/6/12 02:43 PM, PeterM wrote: God is fictitious.

Because it's totally impossible that a god can exist, right?

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 9/6/12 03:29 PM, LiquidFire wrote:

Because it's totally impossible that a god can exist, right?

What created god, and what created that which is god, and who is the creator of god's creator? Who is the creator of the universe? It's an endless cycle of questions with no answers. Getting scared yet?

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 03:47 PM Reply

At 9/6/12 03:29 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Because it's totally impossible that a god can exist, right?

Lol you're going to use THAT argument.

Is it totally impossible for a unicorn to exist?

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 03:57 PM Reply

At 9/6/12 03:47 PM, GuerrilleroHeroico wrote:
At 9/6/12 03:29 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Because it's totally impossible that a god can exist, right?
Lol you're going to use THAT argument.

Is it totally impossible for a unicorn to exist?

We can make our own unicorns probably with how much technology we have now adays. I'm sure they can some how breed something similar to a unicorn. Would have to be like a mix between a rhino and a horse but some how get the pointy part to be on the head and not close to the nose.

Psychopath
Psychopath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 04:14 PM Reply

For whatever reason I thought that you were gonna bring up the Tower of Babel and how God intentionally divided humanity into multiple different races with a diverse set of languages.

Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 04:17 PM Reply

^Totally this, and there is only one universal God and the idea of "racism" and "race" is a human ideology one that I suppose a God could not use to judge his creations

Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 05:28 PM Reply

At 9/6/12 02:39 PM, HomicidialFrog wrote: it means God created humanity to imitate him. Humans create inventions, create ideas, create stories, create art, etc. etc. Humans are creators in the image of God.

O, the irony!

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
BizzarroPMP
BizzarroPMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 06:56 PM Reply

At 9/6/12 02:36 PM, Psycho666 wrote: religious precedents \

lol.

As if logic had anything to do with religion.

Zeppelyn: Since when does the bladder control the "poo poo"?
convict357: Um, you mean you f*ck chickens, turkeys are male chickens.

BBS Signature
Piggler
Piggler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Artist
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 07:44 PM Reply

I know you're just being inflammatory, but I must say that "God" is a relative term.

God to me, is the vastness that all consciousness is connected to, that It is what gives humanity a "soul" and allows each of us to be as cruel or as saintly as we choose, that It is something that a three-dimensional being with a three-dimensional mind cannot possibly hope to comprehend, so the world's religions give God many forms in order to make it understandable to even the simplest of human minds.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 07:47 PM Reply

At 9/6/12 02:47 PM, PeterM wrote:
At 9/6/12 02:44 PM, BumFodder wrote:
No I can't say that I have ever played that game.

Everyone hates on the khajiit, and it's a racist stereotype that all khajiit are sneak thieves and murderers, everyone hates the aldmeri, nords are regarded by high elves as barbaric and ignorant, ect. ect.

Lots and lots of racism

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
Tomatoes aren't roof tiles

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Is 'god' racist? Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 08:19 PM Reply

What an utterly stupid thing to say. Since when do characters have no emotions or views?

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature