Be a Supporter!

Official 2012 Doomsday thread

  • 4,711 Views
  • 178 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheBlizzard
TheBlizzard
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-13 20:08:27 Reply

I was under the impression it wasn't the "end of the world" it was the end of this "age" and the new age is starting... Or maybe I have been looking into this way too much.

Stupid theories like "Lizard People" and people claiming to be part of some Reptilian Super Race that will eventually wipe out the "normal" humans on earth is just way to far fetched to even consider...

Possibly the sun might own us, but we have had solar flares before (1989) and still survived, guess we'll just see!


BBS Signature
fmn335
fmn335
  • Member since: May. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-13 20:30:55 Reply

At 12/13/12 08:08 PM, TheBlizzard wrote: Stupid theories like "Lizard People" and people claiming to be part of some Reptilian Super Race that will eventually wipe out the "normal" humans on earth is just way to far fetched to even consider...

I know a Tortoise that would like to have a word with you...

TheBlizzard
TheBlizzard
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-13 21:45:58 Reply

At 12/13/12 08:30 PM, fmn335 wrote:
I know a Tortoise that would like to have a word with you...

Not really the type of Reptile that I was talking about... but sure!


BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 00:25:19 Reply

This is our last week. What do we do?


​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 00:29:31 Reply

I hope the world doesn't blow up before the Xmas party in the kitchen I work in.


Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Musician
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 00:56:11 Reply

Wasn't the world supposed to have ended 2 days ago? at 12-12-12?

Conal
Conal
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 01:34:05 Reply

At 12/14/12 12:56 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: Wasn't the world supposed to have ended 2 days ago? at 12-12-12?

No. 21/12/2012


​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 01:47:06 Reply

Hasn't everyone from NASA to the Mayan heritage people, even archaeological digs, proven this isn't true?

Not to mention the fact the myth only started a few years ago after some guy got it wrong. According to him it was 2003, then he bumped it up to 2012 after that because it coincided with what he believed was the end of the Mayan calender.

How do people still believe this crap?


Sega and Nintendo fan group on FacebooklBe Billy's Followerl Wii U name: Billy_Martin l PSN: Opackersfan

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 01:51:13 Reply

At 12/14/12 01:47 AM, vannila-guerilla wrote: Hasn't everyone from NASA to the Mayan heritage people, even archaeological digs, proven this isn't true?

Not to mention the fact the myth only started a few years ago after some guy got it wrong. According to him it was 2003, then he bumped it up to 2012 after that because it coincided with what he believed was the end of the Mayan calender.

How do people still believe this crap?

Last I heard it was meant to be the 12/12/12 when the world would end in this month, then a few days later I hear that apparently it is now 21/12/12 they are grasping at so many straws that the first little pig's house is going to collapse.

Regardless I shall be having pizza next week as I did for this week, because its close to Christmas and fuck it pizza time.


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Steff
Steff
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 05:25:26 Reply

I said this a few times already here but I'll say it again, I really do hope we all die.
Like, no human survivors at all.
Who else shares my will for the human race?


BBS Signature
LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Member since: May. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 51
Writer
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 05:30:05 Reply

Oh look it is this thread again. Seriously when 12 21 12 comes you know what will be going on? Just another day just a different day of the week.

Lich
Lich
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 09:52:38 Reply

I've got enough Whiskey in my wardrobe to probably comatose myself if we ever got confirmed warning within a couple of hours that the world is infact going to end. Fuck having to experience getting vaporised or the land splitting open to drown in lava.

Shame that it won't ever happen. I'll be releasing my first EP on that day anyway just for the lulz.


| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 10:09:50 Reply

At 12/14/12 01:47 AM, vannila-guerilla wrote:
How do people still believe this crap?

Because too many people in this country have shit for brains.

The 21st is one of my days off, so I'm gonna' get some chips and pop and watch the internet go ape shit that day.
Because this is what's going to happen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx_UJxuQGXo&feature=player_de tailpage#t=14s


That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
MikeVouros
MikeVouros
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 11:02:41 Reply

At 12/14/12 10:09 AM, wildfire4461 wrote:
The 21st is one of my days off, so I'm gonna' get some chips and pop and watch the internet go ape shit that day.

Hahaha, me too. I've got that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off, I can't motherfudgin' wait.

The excuses of why the world didn't end will be hilarious.

Conal
Conal
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 12:30:09 Reply

At 12/14/12 01:47 AM, vannila-guerilla wrote: Not to mention the fact the myth only started a few years ago after some guy got it wrong. According to him it was 2003, then he bumped it up to 2012 after that because it coincided with what he believed was the end of the Mayan calender.

If you're talking about Harold Camping, he predicted a rapture from the bible. He first predicted it in 1995, then predicted it more recently. He then had the audacity to predict it a few weeks from that. Last I heard he decided to never again predict the end of the world.


​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Shotgunned
Shotgunned
  • Member since: Dec. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 12:43:22 Reply

I don't really care... if it happens it better be fast is all I'm saying.

CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Member since: May. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 12:50:45 Reply

RIP ME

RIP YOU

RIP OBAMA


Thanks Chdonga for the signature. <3

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Musician
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 12:52:08 Reply

At 12/14/12 12:56 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: Wasn't the world supposed to have ended 2 days ago? at 12-12-12?

No, and it won't end on 12-21-2012 either because conspiracy theorists are dumbasses who like to make up shit about ancient things like the Mayan's calender and Nostradamus.


Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 12:56:11 Reply

I don't understand why people are going to commit suicide before the 21st. If it happens, wouldn't you want to witness it? That would be fucking awesome. So what, were going to die, why not enjoy it?


"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 12:57:42 Reply

one more week W00T!

Shotgunned
Shotgunned
  • Member since: Dec. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 13:14:41 Reply

At 12/14/12 12:52 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
No, and it won't end on 12-21-2012 either because conspiracy theorists are dumbasses who like to make up shit about ancient things like the Mayan's calender and Nostradamus.

I would think that all these "claimed fortune tellers" would be able to predict the end of the world too other than just Nostradamus himself, centuries ago.

It's Y2K all over again.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 15:26:39 Reply

At 12/14/12 12:57 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: one more week W00T!

Yep, one more week until everyone will shut up and pretend they were never hyped over the date anyway. Can't wait.


BBS Signature
Lagerkapo
Lagerkapo
  • Member since: Apr. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Writer
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-14 18:01:55 Reply

At 9/6/12 03:34 PM, tox wrote: Official you say?

I'm gonna meditate in a state of deep shamatha and unify with the whole of creation whilst rising into the sky with the rest of the enlightened kids.


NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...
MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...
Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Musician
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-15 18:05:52 Reply

At 12/14/12 01:14 PM, Shotgunned wrote:
At 12/14/12 12:52 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
No, and it won't end on 12-21-2012 either because conspiracy theorists are dumbasses who like to make up shit about ancient things like the Mayan's calender and Nostradamus.
I would think that all these "claimed fortune tellers" would be able to predict the end of the world too other than just Nostradamus himself, centuries ago.

Kind of old religious writings, you can always feel free to take out certain parts and reword it to fit into a situation even when that is not the original meaning of the section.

It's Y2K all over again.

Except with that, it was more or less people fearing computers would stop working as soon as 2000 began.


Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
ShockSand
ShockSand
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-16 06:19:40 Reply

I can't wait until this day comes.

All the idiots will commit suicide so there will be less idiots in the world.


YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/shocksand
I do gaming commentaries, animations and machinima. Giveaway at 500 subscribers ;)

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Musician
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-16 06:30:29 Reply

Apparently the date that we are looking forward to, passed last year, around september 2011.

People didn't exactly take all the papal calendar switches into account when they did their calculations.

So the world ended a year ago and we're all figments of our imaginations?

Mind=blown

fmn335
fmn335
  • Member since: May. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-16 07:34:53 Reply

End of the world parody.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Musician
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-19 22:05:02 Reply

8 hours to go until the international date line hits 12:00 AM Dec 21st!

What are you people doing for the last 8 hours? :3

Aliensandwich
Aliensandwich
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Artist
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-19 22:10:20 Reply

At 12/19/12 10:05 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: 8 hours to go until the international date line hits 12:00 AM Dec 21st!

What are you people doing for the last 8 hours? :3

Yer mawm lulz


BBS Signature
CompleteDouche
CompleteDouche
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Official 2012 Doomsday thread 2012-12-20 15:06:54 Reply

So what better way to pass time to the end of the world, then watch it
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?


No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.