00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jesspionic just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for a skilled artist

1,177 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for a skilled artist 2012-09-05 08:16:29

I'm looking for an artist for a very unique Platform-Action-RPG programmed in AS3.

For those of you who are familiar with this topic - finding an artist who's both qualified and has sufficient time proved to be harder than I imagined.

I've been working on the engine for quite a while now, alot of thought has been put into the code and it has been engineered cautiously in order to support great features with no lag at all.

One of the greatest features is that the artist can freely draw backgrounds that'll be automatically rendered into playable in-game maps.

The engine supports any kind of terrain, it's not tile-based.

Maps can be pretty huge (as far as one can draw in flash) and are connected by teleports.

Some of the features:

-Customizable Characters
-Monsters
-Equipment
-Inventory
-Factions
-Quests
-Skills
-Out of the box AI
-Etc...

Every single thing can be easily edited via AIR editors that require absolutely zero knowledge in code.

Revenue

I'm offering a share of the sponsorship money + any future game revenue.

Programming and Art will have an equal share, leaving a slightly smaller percentage for Music.

I'm looking for a very skilled and serious artist that can deal with graphics and animations of:

-Backgrounds
-Characters
-Monsters
-Items
-Interface

The artist will deal with graphic-related SWCs only, saving him the trouble of carefully working around sensitive code.

Having more than one artist is an option - the Art portion will be split equally among all of the artists.

Alot of time to work on the project is a must. The game requires alot of work, but it'll be a great addition to anyone's portfolio.

Screenshots

http://sdrv.ms/MJkbvs

Notice that many features do not have interface yet, even though they are fully coded in the background.

Contact

If you're a hard working artist with extraordinary skills, please send me a mail: royibernthal@gmail.com

Response to Looking for a skilled artist 2012-09-09 08:27:56

At 9/5/12 05:31 PM, FlyingAppleGamer wrote: I am a skilled artist but with pencil not computer stuff because I dont have a tablet to draw on.

Not sure what I can do with that information...

Response to Looking for a skilled artist 2012-09-22 11:18:38

Uploaded new screenshots. (and deleted the old ones)

Response to Looking for a skilled artist 2012-09-22 18:17:14

I can make some music for your game, if you don't already have someone doing that for you.

Yes, I'm from Texas. No, I ain't a cowboy.

Response to Looking for a skilled artist 2012-09-23 14:49:27

At 9/22/12 06:17 PM, AliMaredia wrote: I can make some music for your game, if you don't already have someone doing that for you.

Hey, sorry but currently I'm not looking for a musician, I'll keep you in mind though when the time comes.

Response to Looking for a skilled artist 2012-09-25 07:22:17

I forgot to mention:

The game will be selling Premium Items for real money as well.

Response to Looking for a skilled artist 2012-10-21 10:48:06

At 10/2/12 09:06 AM, TechBurger wrote: Can I be in?Will there be a single artist or many artists together collabrating?

Many artists collaborating is an option, but I prefer working with a small team.

Already found one great artist, looking for more.

Updated the screenshots.

Response to Looking for a skilled artist 2012-10-22 06:09:44

At 10/21/12 12:21 PM, CrazyRock wrote: Check out my stuff. (not the poke'mon thing, it's spam. well most are)

If that's good enough for you I'll be happy to help.

Unfortunately I don't have much time to browse through everything and see what's not spam, please drop me an email with your works.