Sonbiru
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 9 Oct. 29th, 2012 @ 08:07 AM Reply

At 10/29/12 02:28 AM, JaShinYa wrote:
At 10/29/12 12:47 AM, KJOokami wrote:
At 10/28/12 10:25 PM, JaShinYa wrote: So the Tsunami turned out to be pretty anti-climactic so I'm gonna get to work on posting your reviews and yes I can send it to your PM as well once I'm done. Now I just have to worry about my family in PA with the hurricane. :/
I've got family and friends scattered across the NJ/PA area, so I'll be sure to keep your family in my thoughts as well.

Glad to hear the tsunami didn't cause too much trouble, though. :)
Thanks man! I appreciate it. :)

I have gotten a few reviews up. Pretty much going in order of sumission so if you entered the contest early, you might have one!

well, fist of all, glad to hear you're safe ^^ second of all, 13th, hoh boy! I like those odds :D thanks for reviwing me and making me wait till next contest... it's next week right, right?

DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Voice Acting Contest 9 Oct. 29th, 2012 @ 10:17 AM Reply

Congrats to this contest, when i submited my "audio" never though this was so organized and filled with contestants, even though i had a lousy rushed submission you gave me quality constructive reviews that would be very usefull if i took VA seriously.
Great job!

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 9 Oct. 29th, 2012 @ 12:44 PM Reply

Ha! Technically, Tom told me I could run these every few weeks, but it actually takes a lot of prep and time so I usually do it every few months. We'll see how things go though!

Also, before I forget, those of you looking to better yourselves in voice acting even more, I would still suggest checking out the training session with Kyle Hebert. It's just $75 and he's a super cool dude!

Like Let's Plays? Click Down Below... *Winky Face*

BBS Signature
JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 9 Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 03:54 PM Reply

Good news! Those of you who are due store credit should now have it! And as far as front pages go, Tom will be checking with the audio mods to see when that will happen. He will also be announcing the winners in a news post. :)

BBS Signature
JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 9 Nov. 4th, 2012 @ 03:16 AM Reply

At 11/2/12 06:40 PM, Mythologic wrote:
At 11/1/12 03:54 PM, JaShinYa wrote: Good news! Those of you who are due store credit should now have it! And as far as front pages go, Tom will be checking with the audio mods to see when that will happen. He will also be announcing the winners in a news post. :)
Just wondering man, seeing as I got joint 3rd place (same points total) Do I get any store credit or do I just get the front page? thanks!

3rd place gets a store credit of $20. Tom said he already gave the credit so check it when you visit the NG store. If you don't have it, PM Tom and see what's up and let me know as well. :)

BBS Signature
Ragemar
Ragemar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to Voice Acting Contest 9 Nov. 4th, 2012 @ 09:37 PM Reply

I am eagerly anticipating the critique from the judges. Is it weird that the suspense that I'm feeling is still being ratcheted upwards? Is this what all contestants feel waiting for the results in every contest?

Terzom
Terzom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 9 Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 05:20 PM Reply

At 10/28/12 09:26 PM, Xanorin wrote: "Your Daughter" was the last I heard, and it struck me pretty much. They both ended up ranked below my work, so I can imagine how hard it was to judge all the works.

Thanks for that!

And to JaShinYa. Really good tips you gave us, thanks! But I havn't got any personal criticism yet, are they coming? Would be interesting to hear them. :)

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Voice Acting Contest 9 Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 08:28 PM Reply

I would love to take part in this, I like doing voices for fun. :D

I'll get something up & ready soon.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Voice Acting Contest 9 Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 09:17 PM Reply

At 11/11/12 08:28 PM, Conal wrote: I would love to take part in this, I like doing voices for fun. :D

I'll get something up & ready soon.

...you're a little late for that.

But, you could always be on the lookout for a 10th contest. Or just submit a voice demo in general.

BBS Signature