Be a Supporter!

Iran's nuclear program

  • 3,065 Views
  • 102 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
beakerboy
beakerboy
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Writer
Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-04 19:37:06 Reply

So uh I don't know if anyone else made a thread to discuss Iran's nuclear program but I'm making one now. First of all, if Mitt Romney wins the election, which is a big IF, do you think he will get aggressive towards Iran? Like actually attack them? Do you think Obama would? I think Mitt will attack them and Obama will continue negotiations. If Iran launches a fuckin nuke at somebody (Israel of course) then we're destroying Iran, no question about that. But until that happens should we juust keep a low profile? Seems like a complicated issue. I'm sort of biased because my dad is from Iran, I don't think Iran wants any nuclear weapons at all. I think they just want it as an energy resource.


I have a strong personality, so bite me.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-04 19:59:44 Reply

At 9/4/12 07:37 PM, beakerboy wrote: So uh I don't know if anyone else made a thread to discuss Iran's nuclear program but I'm making one now.

I'm certain that someone has made this type of thread before, but regardless, I'll play along.

First of all, if Mitt Romney wins the election, which is a big IF, do you think he will get aggressive towards Iran?

Aggressive in terms of sanctions, maybe. But I don't see a full on attack unless Iran becomes totally belligerent against Israel or the Western world for that matter, which I doubt, even with their tough talk. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if Mitt did just that preemptively, but I know that will be a bad idea.

Do you think Obama would?

Unless directly challenged, no.

But until that happens should we juust keep a low profile? Seems like a complicated issue.

You would think so, but it's kind of hard to because of who we are, and Iran is constantly trying to discredit, threaten, or downright insult our intelligence, we can't have a low profile when it comes to Iran. Not like we ever had that after the Islamic revolution there in 1979, and the hostage crisis shortly thereafter, which was a despicable action on their part.

I'm sort of biased because my dad is from Iran, I don't think Iran wants any nuclear weapons at all. I think they just want it as an energy resource.

On the surface, that's why they have so many nuclear facilities there and they insist on that. However, with Ahmadinejad and Khomeini in charge, along with a pretty hardline nationalistic military, {at least from what I've heard} it's more than possible that they are on the way to making nuclear weapons purely as a defensive deterrent to Israeli or American aggression towards Iran. There is no way that they can go toe-to-toe with either nation's military straight up, even they do possess any nukes.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-04 22:16:24 Reply

As long as they don't develop nuclear weapons, I'm cool with it. Iran having nuclear power, and being able to produce new kinds of energy would only help them in the long run. However, I am in favor of total nuclear disarmament, and if Iran agrees to not develop nuclear weapons, we can all help make this world a safer place.


SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
Jmayer20
Jmayer20
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-06 21:43:36 Reply

At 9/4/12 07:59 PM, orangebomb wrote: There is no way that they can go toe-to-toe with either nation's military straight up, even they do possess any nukes.

Not with us but Israel is a two nuke state meaning it has that it would only take 2 nukes to destroy them.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-06 23:29:42 Reply

At 9/4/12 07:37 PM, beakerboy wrote: First of all, if Mitt Romney wins the election, which is a big IF, do you think he will get aggressive towards Iran?

no more aggressive than any other politician looking to be re-elected.

Like actually attack them?

only if he had to.

Do you think Obama would?

hell no.

the problem with the Iran situation is no one has the balls to make a decisive move. Given Iran's covert (and sometimes overt) support of jihadists and their open declarations of wanting to destroy other nations entirely, it seems like a failure of logic to think that Iran would not make a nuke and use it. Given how much their religious leaders glorify war in the infidel and how dying in a way against the infidel is a direct trip to heaven, you'd figure the religious leaders would be itching for battle.


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

CWBHOODJONES
CWBHOODJONES
  • Member since: Nov. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-07 00:01:47 Reply

I believe that the united nations should go ahead and take out all of there government and armed forces and get some African leader to conquer Iran. Africa needs a nuclear program. Watch all them child solders fly around


CWBJONES

science-is-fun
science-is-fun
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-07 17:18:26 Reply

Apparently it's not that feasible to attack Iran.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/09/iran-war-plan/3/

We should conquer them with capitalism like we did with China and Russia.

But then again I haven't thoroughly researched every technical detail and war is unpredictable, though I am certain any military action without any seriously aggressive actions on Iran's part will be a huge diplomatic blunder, and there is zero chance of Iran acting that way due to the nature of their government.

Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-08 14:41:14 Reply

At 9/7/12 05:18 PM, science-is-fun wrote: We should conquer them with capitalism like we did with China and Russia.

Because everyone knows that China and Russia are the biggest buds with America and they totally don't support people who everyone knows are war criminals.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
science-is-fun
science-is-fun
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-08 17:23:32 Reply

At 9/8/12 02:41 PM, Warforger wrote: Because everyone knows that China and Russia are the biggest buds with America and they totally don't support people who everyone knows are war criminals.

And? As long as they let us set up our corporate branches there and sell us nike foamposites and oil. Throughout human history the economy has been the core of human activity, we don't fight wars because we hate each other, we fight for more control over the economy and we only stop fighting when the costs outweigh the gains.

This is my idea of a utopia (including Hasselhoff as president).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuu5w1yabSw&t=1m

Maybe this even.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb26LaVuOBk

Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-08 19:17:39 Reply

At 9/8/12 05:23 PM, science-is-fun wrote: And? As long as they let us set up our corporate branches there and sell us nike foamposites and oil.

So defending Genocide is fine as long as they let US corporations into their country.

Throughout human history the economy has been the core of human activity, we don't fight wars because we hate each other, we fight for more control over the economy and we only stop fighting when the costs outweigh the gains.

Not consistently true.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-08 19:21:14 Reply

At 9/6/12 11:29 PM, Korriken wrote: the problem with the Iran situation is no one has the balls to make a decisive move. Given Iran's covert (and sometimes overt) support of jihadists and their open declarations of wanting to destroy other nations entirely,

;;;
THe problem with the above statement is that Saudi Arabia could be used in place of Iran & it would still be correct.
Yet Amerika supports Saudi Arabia 150 % !

THe comment by Orangebomb ...." DOWNRIGHT INSULT OUR INTELLIGENCE"

I won't ask for anyone to excuse me for once again pointing it out, but after the Iraq bullshit from your Government
" We are invading Iraq to save the world from weapons of mass destruction" ....the last group on this planet I expect to hear or read anything even vaguely , remotely like the TRUTH is something from American Intelligence or your elected pupets .... anything you say is taken by most people in the world with a grain of salt these days & you've earned the distrust.

Your government & the secretive agencies who have appointed themselves world bully are IMO the biggest threat on this planet to world peace. If I was in Irans position not only would I be pursuing nuclear power for my country I would make sure I had a nuclear deterent to keep assholes like the USA leadership ( & I use the term leadership lightly) from simply walking in whenever they want & killing hundreds of thousands of my countries citizens (like you did in Iraq) & taking control of the nation & its resources. Not that you couldn't still do so....you'd just inherit a nuclear wasteland that would eventually poison you as well !


Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-08 23:55:14 Reply

At 9/8/12 07:21 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
At 9/6/12 11:29 PM, Korriken wrote:
I won't ask for anyone to excuse me for once again pointing it out, but after the Iraq bullshit from your Government
" We are invading Iraq to save the world from weapons of mass destruction" ....the last group on this planet I expect to hear or read anything even vaguely , remotely like the TRUTH is something from American Intelligence or your elected pupets .... anything you say is taken by most people in the world with a grain of salt these days & you've earned the distrust.

And what does this have to do with anything? What does the invasion of Iraq have to do with Iran's nuclear program in the first place? I'm going to assume {and guess correctly} that you really don't know jack about American politics, and base your opinions on the butthurt libtards and crackpot conspiracy theories.

Your government & the secretive agencies who have appointed themselves world bully are IMO the biggest threat on this planet to world peace.

*buzzer sounds* Wrong, idiot. It's the dictators and the terrorists who are the biggest threat to world peace, not us. Although world peace is really nothing more than a pipe dream, but that's neither here nor there.

If I was in Irans position not only would I be pursuing nuclear power for my country I would make sure I had a nuclear deterent to keep assholes like the USA leadership

Alright, I had enough of your bullshit. First off, that's exactly what Ahmadinejad is at least thinking that right now, but considering that the leadership of Iran are a bunch of nutbars, you don't know if they are making nuclear weapons purely as a deterrent, or to be used in an offensive manner. Second, we didn't walk into Iraq and killed hundreds of thousands of people because Saddam was already doing that before we got there, and we did make a rather stable government within the region, you can't possible deny that.

Considering that you love to go after American politics, and yet be completely ignorant on how it works is not only sad, but getting rather annoying.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-09 10:18:10 Reply

At 9/8/12 11:55 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 9/8/12 07:21 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
At 9/6/12 11:29 PM, Korriken wrote:
I won't ask for anyone to excuse me for once again pointing it out, but after the Iraq bullshit from your Government
" We are invading Iraq to save the world from weapons of mass destruction" ....the last group on this planet I expect to hear or read anything even vaguely , remotely like the TRUTH is something from American Intelligence or your elected pupets .... anything you say is taken by most people in the world with a grain of salt these days & you've earned the distrust.
And what does this have to do with anything? What does the invasion of Iraq have to do with Iran's nuclear program in the first place? I'm going to assume {and guess correctly} that you really don't know jack about American politics, and base your opinions on the butthurt libtards and crackpot conspiracy theories.

;;;
To start with I go to REAL news sites as well as opinion pages, there is nothing being reported by main stream American News services that even vaguely resembles what is really going on. They say what their big business owners tell them to say -period-

Your government & the secretive agencies who have appointed themselves world bully are IMO the biggest threat on this planet to world peace.
*buzzer sounds* Wrong, idiot. It's the dictators and the terrorists who are the biggest threat to world peace, not us. Although world peace is really nothing more than a pipe dream, but that's neither here nor there.

Buzzer sounds are coming out of your asshole !
You see dip shit (see I can be insulting as well) Dictators & terrorists do not have to capability of invading soveriegn nations. Terrorists by the way have been around for thousands of years. the first world war escalated due to an assasination , you know the word assasin comes from Arabian fanatics sent to carry out their Cults wishes to intimidate local rulers. read a bit of history... I realise it is colored to fit the country that won a conflict or biased on the writers opinion or political leaning very often, but truths can be found . Terrorists are a threat because the USA wants them to be a threat. how many airports have been bombed this year ?
Last year ? how many hijacked planes have we had in the last 5 years ? yet security is increasing & its all bullshit. IF terrorists were as sophisticated as the US says. THey would be penetrating airports through people who work there, not as passengers. They would be getting in as mechanics, contractor positions, cleaners...fucking cleaners have access to everywhere !
No , its more visible & better to keep Americans & everyone else scared of the boogey man. No taliban member in a cave in Afghanistan is any threat to you or me or anyone in North America... because they can't even get over here, nor do most if not all of them want to...they just want you to get the fuck out of their country & leave them alone. & I for one don't blame them, if they want to live in mud huts own women & worship the twisted values of their local priest good on them. They leave me alone & I am fine leaving them alone.
To bad the USA Government couldn't learn that !

If I was in Irans position not only would I be pursuing nuclear power for my country I would make sure I had a nuclear deterent to keep assholes like the USA leadership
Alright, I had enough of your bullshit. First off, that's exactly what Ahmadinejad is at least thinking that right now, but considering that the leadership of Iran are a bunch of nutbars, you don't know if they are making nuclear weapons purely as a deterrent, or to be used in an offensive manner. Second, we didn't walk into Iraq and killed hundreds of thousands of people because Saddam was already doing that before we got there, and we did make a rather stable government within the region, you can't possible deny that.

First off the only country to bomb another with Nuclear weapons is the godd ole USA. So the only country that anyone should be very worried about dropping the bomb IMO is the 1 fucking country that has already done it !
Yeah, the regular bombings & political assasinations in Iraq lately show me you've created a 100% utopia
http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Iraq_bombing_kills_anti-terr or_officer_999.html
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/sep/07/police-3-bomb-attac ks-in-northern-iraq-kill-8/
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/security-forces-inspect-scene-c ar-bomb-attack-basra-photo-104344372.html
Even your CNN occassionally reports the violence
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-04-23/world/iraq.violence_1_man sour-neighborhood-baghdad-sticky-bomb?_s=PM:WORLD
Some stable nation you guy's have helped create....what an AS***** you are.

Considering that you love to go after American politics, and yet be completely ignorant on how it works is not only sad, but getting rather annoying.

;;;
The problem is I know how it works, you don't & you are blind, with absolutely nothing resembling an eyeball....so there is no hope of ever giving you sight ! Your Government is owned lock, stock, & barrel.
THe Elite don't care who wins your elections, they make the laws, they are in charge of your money supply & they support both parties & almost every single candidate so when you have a 2 party system & you are paying for the campaigns of both contenders for office why cares who wins ?
You own both of them !

wake the fuck up, you have at last estimate almost a million people homeless in your country & it isn't even being brought up by either asshole running for the top puppet job !
http://nationalhomeless.org/
Why is that ?
The so called home of the free, the great USA can't even handle the needs of its own people & you want to run the world... I'd rather be dead than under your f'in thimb you guy's couldn't run a 1 dog race, you'd lose the dog or get lost on the way to the track if you could even bloody well remember what it was you were attempting to do that day in the first place !


Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-09 23:45:40 Reply

At 9/4/12 10:16 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: if Iran agrees to not develop nuclear weapons

ohhhh, if they say so then i think we can trust them

At 9/6/12 11:29 PM, Korriken wrote: Given how much their religious leaders glorify war in the infidel and how dying in a way against the infidel is a direct trip to heaven, you'd figure the religious leaders would be itching for battle.

^ this

At 9/8/12 07:17 PM, Warforger wrote:
At 9/8/12 05:23 PM, science-is-fun wrote: And? As long as they let us set up our corporate branches there and sell us nike foamposites and oil.
So defending Genocide is fine as long as they let US corporations into their country.

so avoiding that a fanatic religious country have the power to blow entire cities is genocide?

At 9/9/12 10:18 AM, morefngdbs wrote:
You see dip shit (see I can be insulting as well) Dictators & terrorists do not have to capability of invading soveriegn nations.

seriously?

how many airports have been bombed this year ?
Last year ? how many hijacked planes have we had in the last 5 years ? yet security is increasing & its all bullshit.

mhhmmm, maybe they dont happen as often as terrorist would like BECAUSE of security
by the way, Israel begs to differ

IF terrorists were as sophisticated as the US says. THey would be penetrating airports through people who work there, not as passengers.

shhhh, dont give them ideas

No , its more visible & better to keep Americans & everyone else scared of the boogey man.
No taliban member in a cave in Afghanistan is any threat to you or me or anyone in North America...

ive heard similar comments about Hitler

because they can't even get over here, nor do most if not all of them want to...they just want you to get the fuck out of their country & leave them alone. & I for one don't blame them, if they want to live in mud huts own women & worship the twisted values of their local priest good on them. They leave me alone & I am fine leaving them alone.

ok, you are an idiot. terrorists and dictators are the ones oppressing them and thats not a very nice view, believe me, my countrys government (Argentina) is becoming (if it isnt already) a dictatorship in hands of a psychopath megalomaniac

If I was in Irans position not only would I be pursuing nuclear power for my country I would make sure I had a nuclear deterent to keep assholes like the USA leadership

at some level im actually glad there is a fairly reasonable country like the US setting the rules, i wouldnt like a crappy country without judgment and controlled by a psyco being able to fuck up humanity

First off the only country to bomb another with Nuclear weapons is the godd ole USA.

70 years ago, none of us were there

so, do you really want hostile countries to be able to nuke?

So the only country that anyone should be very worried about dropping the bomb IMO is the 1 fucking country that has already done it !

so you want to test each country giving them a nuke?
also, there is a little difference between the modern US and Iran

also, get a clue, those guys wrap their fucking kids to bombs and send them to blow themselves up and kill as many civilians as they can, do you doubt for a second that the would use their nuke the minute they finish them?

;;;
The problem is I know how it works, you don't & you are blind, with absolutely nothing resembling an eyeball....so there is no hope of ever giving you sight ! Your Government is owned lock, stock, & barrel.

isnt every country like that? every country is owned by either companies or megalomaniac dictators, which one do you prefer?

wake the fuck up, you have at last estimate almost a million people homeless in your country & it isn't even being brought up by either asshole running for the top puppet job !

only 1/500 is homeless?, thats cute

I'd rather be dead than under your f'in thimb you guy's couldn't run a 1 dog race, you'd lose the dog or get lost on the way to the track if you could even bloody well remember what it was you were attempting to do that day in the first place !

whhhha?


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-10 07:26:20 Reply

At 9/9/12 11:45 PM, kakalxlax wrote: whhhha?

;;;;
the only part of your comment that made any sense !


Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-10 16:18:00 Reply

Iran is of no threat to anyone.

Any country on Earth can destroy them by breathing on them. They're nuclear program isn't even advanced enough to for energy creation, let alone weaponry. Their Air Force consists mostly of things we were using in Korea and Vietnam. They don't even enrich their own gasoline.

The fact that any leader, Mitt Romney or whoever, would think that our troops lives are worth risking over fucking IRAN, is completely ludicrous. But I guess that's what happens when you put someone who's never been in the military, in charge of it.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-10 17:39:36 Reply

At 9/10/12 07:26 AM, morefngdbs wrote:
At 9/9/12 11:45 PM, kakalxlax wrote: whhhha?
;;;;
the only part of your comment that made any sense !

the only part of my comment your little mind could undestand


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Saen
Saen
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Reader
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-10 18:10:25 Reply

The fact is, Iran does not and will not ever obtain enough enriched 235 Uranium to fabricate any sort of nuclear weapon. Nor do they have the technology or the resource to create a Plutonium isotope. Obviously fusion bombs are out of the question, the technology and the resources for which are much more difficult to obtain. Not only this, Iran would either have to rocket, bombard, or launch by sea to hit whatever target Americans are claiming they would potentially go after with it. On top of this, it would be incredibly idiotic to nuke a country not that far from your own. The fallout would not only devastate Israel and Iran, but all of the neighboring countries, which I'm sure they wont be too happy about. Also, these imbeciles are fighting over "holy land", why would they ever want to desecrate it with a bomb that flattens everything in a 10-mile radius?

Americans need to slap themselves in the face and wake up to see this issue for what it really is, another scare tactic to remain occupied in the middle east for whatever retarded reason.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-10 20:26:51 Reply

At 9/10/12 05:39 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 9/10/12 07:26 AM, morefngdbs wrote:
At 9/9/12 11:45 PM, kakalxlax wrote: whhhha?
;;;;
the only part of your comment that made any sense !
the only part of my comment your little mind could undestand

;;;;
You are aware, that Iran is under attack byt he US Administration for refusing to sell its oil for American dollars, & they set up to accept Euro's over 6 years ago.
Threatening the USA's petro dollar scam.

WHich is the real reson why Saddamn was removed from Iraq & why the USA is so keen to take out Iran.

They presently sell their oil to China, Russia, India & they accept Gold, Euro's , food & weapons. THey will not even accept US currency .
The flaw to the US plan is that Russia sees the US attempts to get at Iran through escalating Syrian conflict
But this story isn't new & an expert like yourself should know that.
link from 2006.... you know before your economy imploded
http://www.globalresearch.ca/iran-s-euro-denominated-oil-bou rse-to-open-in-march-us-dollar-crisis-on-the-horizon/

https://rt.com/news/iran-india-gold-oil-543/comments/


Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-11 09:12:59 Reply

they don't need to make a nuke like the ones America has to be effective. a simple atomic bomb will flatten a city. what we dropped in WW2? that was a firecracker compared to what we have today.

the nukes we use today would render a few hundred mile radius of uninhabitable land for thousands of years. the ones we dropped in WW2 is weaker than a power plant core. Truth be told, we can now make conventional weapons that are stronger than the WW2 era atomic bombs. of course, the psychological impact of knowing your country had any sort of radioactive weapon dropped on it can be devastating.

Iran already has the materials to make an atomic bomb. the reason why other nations of saying they're watching to make sure they can't make a nuke is to stop people from being scared shitless.

Iran could drop an atomic bomb on Israel any time they want, once they have it built. Also, I have no doubt that they are in league with North Korea in researching atomic weapons. it's only a matter of time before one or both of them get the bomb, all because the nations of the world have grown too weak and cowardly to neutralize a threat before it becomes a major problem.


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Brae
Brae
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-11 12:10:49 Reply

Nuclear energy and the ablity to make some form of destructive nuclear weapon go hand in hand. Iran's current leadership is fanatically religious and crazy enough to try to blow up other countries, whether they buy, develop, or steal something capable of doing so, or just sneak a radioactive suitcase bomb somewhere populated. Iran's madman in charge genuinely believes, from the bottom of his heart, that Israel and the U.S. are evil, and that it would be totally worth any consequences to do God's righteous work by blowing up a nuke within their boders. He's not completely dumb, though, and would probably just slip whatever he does manage to make, buy, or steal to some terrorist organization, then deny any involvement while making public speeches that while Iran was certainly not involved in the slightest, the U.S. definitely needs to change its policies to avoid this sort of random act of violence that certainly didn't involve Iran at all.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-11 15:40:32 Reply

At 9/10/12 08:26 PM, morefngdbs wrote: bla bla bla

yes, and you forgot to add the Illuminati aided by french aliens


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-11 15:44:57 Reply

At 9/11/12 09:12 AM, Korriken wrote: it's only a matter of time before one or both of them get the bomb, all because the nations of the world have grown too weak and cowardly to neutralize a threat before it becomes a major problem.

exactly what happened in WWII, the "lets wait and see what happens" policy was never a very good one


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-11 16:09:17 Reply

At 9/11/12 09:12 AM, Korriken wrote:
Iran could drop an atomic bomb on Israel any time they want, once they have it built. Also, I have no doubt that they are in league with North Korea in researching atomic weapons. it's only a matter of time before one or both of them get the bomb, all because the nations of the world have grown too weak and cowardly to neutralize a threat before it becomes a major problem.

Israel and NATO would nuke Iran before it even got off the ground.

Israel's itching for a war...all they need is a sniff of Iran building a nuke, and they'll decimate it

Iran is far from nucler weaponry and N. Korea is even further.

Saen
Saen
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Reader
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-11 16:37:55 Reply

At 9/11/12 09:12 AM, Korriken wrote:

Iran already has the materials to make an atomic bomb. the reason why other nations of saying they're watching to make sure they can't make a nuke is to stop people from being scared shitless.

That is a flat out lie. You need need at least 90% enriched 235 Uranium (and about 50lbs of it) for a nuclear chain reaction to occur in a fission bomb. In a nuclear reactor you primarily need 238 Uranium, none of which is used in a fission bomb. In a chain reaction, you're trying to make the reaction as unstable as possible, increasing the chance for U-235 atoms to collide, that's why 90% enrichment is required, otherwise the atoms wont collide enough to form that chain reaction. In a U-238 reaction, you want to produce as much energy as possible while keeping the reaction stable. When a U-238 reaction goes unstable, a meltdown occurs, not an explosion.

So you may be asking how does this information relate to my misstatement? Iran doesn't have the materials required to make a fission reaction because the amount of U-235 they have is no where close to 90% (keep in mind, this is the absolute minimum level). Iran's enrichment level for the amount of U-235 they posses is around 20% - http://www.washingtonpost.com/. Also, Iran states that this Uranium will be used for energy production purposes, which is a wise choice, because is it more potent than U-238 for creating energy in reactors. Also, the longer you hold onto Uranium, the more of it you will lose through radioactive decay. The closer you get to 90% enrichment, the difficulty of maintaining your pure Uranium supply increases exponentially.

The catastrophes of Nuclear weaponry, no matter how advanced or massive the bomb is, are enormous. No country would ever risk global war by using them unless very seriously provoked. You're also stereotyping about Iran's leadership and its people by assuming they're extremists, which you are also entirely incorrect about.

None of you should have any concern about Iran's nuclear program, it's just nonsense.

Saen
Saen
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Reader
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-11 16:54:19 Reply

Also, flip the senario around to Israel. If you're classifying Iran's leadership as being Muslim extremists because there are waging a war and die over a religious, "sacred", piece of dirt? Wouldn't Israel's Jews be guilty of the same extremism, especially since they are actually getting aid from us for their own selfish religious cause? If this was the case, Israel would be even more guilty of extremism, because they actually have the gaul to ask another country to fight and die for their own religious conflict.

Obviously you would view this as very wrong labeling. Either way, these are all people fighting and dying over physical territory, labeling them as extremists for defending each own's land is crazy.

The problem is that this is a war backed by religious intent, and those wars between religious zealots never end. The U.S should have known better to become involved in the first place.

adrshepard
adrshepard
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-11 16:59:47 Reply

At 9/11/12 04:37 PM, Saen wrote:
That is a flat out lie. You need need at least 90% enriched 235 Uranium (and about 50lbs of it) for a nuclear chain reaction to occur in a fission bomb. In a nuclear reactor you primarily need 238 Uranium, none of which is used in a fission bomb.

It's not a lie when you realize Iran has thousands of pounds of U235 which can be refined into 90% enriched uranium using the same techniques Iran is using now. Technically, Iran has enough uranium for several bombs, it just hasn't been enriched enough yet (so we think).

None of you should have any concern about Iran's nuclear program, it's just nonsense.

Yet you link to an article that says Iran refused inspectors access to an area where they allegedly worked on an nuclear detonator and which Iran has rushed to demolish and cover up over the past several months. The article also quotes the IAEA as saying that Iran's uncooperative nature has not assured anyone of its peaceful intentions.

It's about trust. Iran doesn't the rest of the world's trust, and while countries like Russia and China don't give a damn, we can't afford to take Iran at its word. After all, if Iran has nothing to hide, this sort of obstruction doesn't exactly reflect the "rational" approach you assign to the Iranian leadership, right?

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-11 17:01:02 Reply

At 9/11/12 04:54 PM, Saen wrote: Also, flip the senario around to Israel. If you're classifying Iran's leadership as being Muslim extremists because there are waging a war and die over a religious, "sacred", piece of dirt? Wouldn't Israel's Jews be guilty of the same extremism, especially since they are actually getting aid from us for their own selfish religious cause?

Don't you know that because we back Israel, their actions/aggression are okay?

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-11 17:43:44 Reply

At 9/11/12 03:40 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 9/10/12 08:26 PM, morefngdbs wrote: bla bla bla
yes, and you forgot to add the Illuminati aided by french aliens

;;;;
You really don't have a klick on what is really going on , do you ?
( 99 klicks to make a clue & you ain't got a klick, that's rather sad actually )
here read this & gain your very first klick !
http://www.greens.org/s-r/30/30-03.html

Your just sucking up the main stream media bullshit, walking aroiund Firmly Convinced Georgie Dubya bush has saved us from weapons on mass destruction in Iraq...even though none were ever found !
That America didn't invade to stop him from selling oil for Euro's & having kicked American interests out of his country, no they went in there to "save the world"
You need to get out more & turn off your TV, there ain't nothing' on there that has anything to do with reality child.


Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Iran's nuclear program 2012-09-11 17:49:41 Reply

At 9/11/12 05:43 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
You need to get out more & turn off your TV, there ain't nothing' on there that has anything to do with reality child.

Pot, meet kettle :)