Be a Supporter!
SmashLuigiFan1
SmashLuigiFan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 11:19 PM Reply

At 11/16/12 10:11 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Well I thought that this might be fun. Let's list some of our favorite Title Screen themes. It is usually the first the song you hear in a video game and one that is supposed to wrap up the entirety of the game. I will be keeping track of people's favorites and will make a post with some of the big favorites.

List no more than five and explain why they're your favorite title screen themes. Oh yeah and it has to be the song that plays on the Title Screen. If the game has an opening cinematic theme that transcends into the title screen, then that's okay. If they're separate then they're separate, nothing more than that. So let's get started. Here are mine in no certain order.

In no particular order...

Mega Man 2/Mega Man 3 I just can't choose between the two, they're both amazing, energetic, and are iconic themes for the franchise. Even though I played Mega Man 1 before 2, I still consider Mega Man 2's intro music to be the theme for the classic series as a whole. Mega Man 3's theme was very memorable as well. I just absolutely love how the song builds up. And unlike Mega Man 2, I personally find this song to be really great when remixed.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Whenever I started this game up as a child, I'd never skip the intro. It was so relaxing watching everyone go about their buisness while that calm music would play. But at the end of it where Majora's theme would start to play, I begin to feel chills throughout my body. Something about it just feels so unsettling.

Ristar - The Shooting Star This intro is one of my favorites part for the entire game. Whenever I think of Ristar this intro is the first thing to come up in my mind. I just like how catchy and upbeat it is to be honest. It's very nostalgic to me.

Super Smash Bros. Melee This intro is by far the best out of any of the Smash Bros. games. The music flows with all of the characters, it builds up and changes at the right moments, and it ends in such climatic way. The whole thing is just plain perfect in my opinion.

"It's easier to talk about the bad than to understand the good." - Jirard Khalil
"This was a mistake." - Jirard Khalil, 2013
"WELCOME TO THE FANTASY ZONE! GET READY. . ."

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = Nov. 18th, 2012 @ 08:18 PM Reply

At 10/26/12 02:01 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Well I figured out what was wrong. My computer was old and shitty.

Ahaha that's good! I haven't been here in a little while and have been browsing all the tracks from where I left off last. So much great OST's being posted, keep it up guys! Now here's a few of my own.

Wii Sports Theme-I'm sure you've all heard it, but I must say I really do love it!!
Kirby's Epic Yarn-Gourmet Race-Quite the catchy tune!
Secret of Mana-Orchestral Theme-I think I may have posted this, but this is the orchestra version.
Crystalis-Wild Fields-I've been playing this SO much recently, it's really catchy though.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 07:58 AM Reply

At 11/18/12 08:18 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Ahaha that's good! I haven't been here in a little while and have been browsing all the tracks from where I left off last. So much great OST's being posted, keep it up guys! Now here's a few of my own.

Yeah. I do enjoy Wii Sports Theme. I brought up listing of title themes. Any favors of yours in particular?

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 04:24 PM Reply

At 11/19/12 07:58 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
Yeah. I do enjoy Wii Sports Theme. I brought up listing of title themes. Any favors of yours in particular?

My favourite title themes? I enjoy just about all the Medal of Honor title themes, as well as the Metroid ones. They've always captured my attention and made me think ahead about the countless memories I was about to encounter. Ah, I'm feeling so nostalgic for old video game music right now.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 07:15 AM Reply

At 11/20/12 04:24 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Ah, I'm feeling so nostalgic for old video game music right now.

One of the purposes of this club.

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to = Club Stoic = Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:12 PM Reply

Yay, people still post here. I is happy.

Lately I've been replaying the first Silent Hill and soundtrack really compliments the atmosphere.

The theme which plays in the Balkan Church has this eerie feel to it... And I love it.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to = Club Stoic = Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 11:23 AM Reply

Does anybody here remember the game Einhander for PS1? I found a freaking sick cover/remix of one of the songs from it. I'm gonna be listening to this over and over.

Maybe I should finally buy this game. I've had a demo for it for years and have always thought it was awesome. But you get limited continues and you have to start all over when you run out, which is why I never bought it. I still remember the original song that was covered, though. It was from a boss fight.

= Club Stoic =

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to = Club Stoic = Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 12:25 PM Reply

At 11/24/12 11:23 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Does anybody here remember the game Einhander for PS1? I found a freaking sick cover/remix of one of the songs from it. I'm gonna be listening to this over and over.

I forgot to post the original track.

I might try to get the Einhander OST some time.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = Nov. 26th, 2012 @ 02:12 PM Reply

At 11/24/12 12:25 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I might try to get the Einhander OST some time.

I remember Einhander a little bit. It was a Square game that went off my radar at the time. However Square's music is always top notch.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to = Club Stoic = Nov. 27th, 2012 @ 09:31 PM Reply

At 11/26/12 02:12 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 11/24/12 12:25 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I might try to get the Einhander OST some time.
I remember Einhander a little bit. It was a Square game that went off my radar at the time. However Square's music is always top notch.

It's an awesome game. It's basically a bullet hell type of game, but sidescrolling.

Also, I got the Einhander OST.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 02:22 AM Reply

Just thought of two more of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O8DqaY4E2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeIPpXbU57Y

Your guys' thoughts on these?

Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 01:45 PM Reply

At 11/30/12 02:22 AM, ZJ wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeIPpXbU57Y
Your guys' thoughts on these?

Yeah. Conker's Bad Fur Day had some great music. I still loved the music in Banjo-Kazooie more. Especially this song.

BBS Signature
Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to = Club Stoic = Dec. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:39 PM Reply

I'm surprised nobody's shared this gem yet.

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = Dec. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:22 PM Reply

At 12/3/12 06:39 PM, Spretznaz wrote: I'm surprised nobody's shared this gem yet.

Yes that is quite a good one, I liked all the DK64 and DKC2 music actually.

I was listening to Christmas tunes non stop the past 2 days and thought of Club Stoic then decided to find some Christmas VIDEO GAME music. I found a few that are at least somewhat Christmas related. Since Christmas tunes and old Video game music are two of my top nostalgic factors, this just blew my nostalgia radar.

Mario Sleigh Ride Remix-Super Mario World (I LOVE THIS)
A Star Spirit on Ice-Paper Mario
Freezeezy Peak-Banjo-Kazooie
Anouki Village-The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = Dec. 4th, 2012 @ 02:16 PM Reply

At 12/3/12 08:22 PM, tyler2513 wrote: I was listening to Christmas tunes non stop the past 2 days and thought of Club Stoic then decided to find some Christmas VIDEO GAME music. I found a few that are at least somewhat Christmas related. Since Christmas tunes and old Video game music are two of my top nostalgic factors, this just blew my nostalgia radar.

Yeah, I despise Ice Levels. I can't deny though that they can have some beautifully eerie or cheerful music to them.

Freezeezy Peak-Banjo-Kazooie

YES! I love the Freezeey Peak Song from Banjo-Kazooie! However I think you're forgetting about Click Clock Wood (Winter). I will say that some of my favorite Christmas related or wintery themed songs are...

Snowman
- EarthBound

Ice Cavern
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Santa's Coming
- Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen

BBS Signature
Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to = Club Stoic = Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 03:29 PM Reply

I've been replaying a bunch of Nintendo stuff lately, and I'm just posting the good stuff while I still remember them.

Rundas - Metroid Prime 3
Melody Town - Kirby's Epic Yarn
Castle - New Super Mario Bros.
Dark Samus - Metroid Prime 3

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = Dec. 13th, 2012 @ 06:42 PM Reply

I have been playing a lot of EarthBound lately and have been immensely enjoying the soundtrack of it. However I also wanted to bring up a few more obscure video game songs from games you probably wouldn't think would have good music. First off what I like from EarthBound so far.

1. Snowman
2. Threed Free at Last
3. Hi Hi Hi (Saturn Valley)
4. Rest at Hotel

Now for some more obscure game tracks.

Triceratops Trot
Game:
Jurassic Park
Platform: Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Taffy's Theme
Game:
ClayFighter
Platform: Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Atlas
Game:
Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
Platform: Sony PlayStation

Binder
Game: Pokemon Channel
Platform: Nintendo Gamecube

Meta Crystal
Game: Super Smash Bros.
Platform: Nintendo 64

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 09:26 AM Reply

Happy End of the World! Thought I would celebrate this occasion with some apocalypse video game music! Also I wanted to note that we now have Playlists, so I intend on using those for different things on the Club Stoic profile. Although I'm still not completely sure what else to do with that profile.

Final Hours w/ Bells
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Nintendo 64

Extinction
E.V.O.: Search For Eden
Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Title Theme
Mega Man 3
Nintendo Entertainment System

One More Kiss
Resident Evil 2
PlayStation

One Winged Angel
Final Fantasy VII
Sony PlayStation

Dancing Mad
Final Fantasy VI (Final Fantasy III in USA)
Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Battle of Orochi II
Okami
Sony PlayStation 2 / Nintendo Wii

And now for something completely different.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:01 PM Reply

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well fellow members of Club Stoic, I have noticed that there aren't too many people who are discussing much here in this club. I am wanting to change that though. I want more discussion towards more video game music. One thing would be getting ones hands on entire albums. When you get down to it, not a lot of video games have albums. We are growing, so why have we yet to play catch up with this?

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to = Club Stoic = Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 07:57 AM Reply

Last post was made a month ago? Why is there no activity in here. I mean, it kind looks like a link dump, but still.

Also, some Silent Hill 3 music. Eerie and mysterious, as usual.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 09:26 AM Reply

At 2/6/13 07:57 AM, MrSaint wrote: Last post was made a month ago? Why is there no activity in here. I mean, it kind looks like a link dump, but still.

Well I would like more discussion in this club, but it seems we're not getting any. I have found the music in all of the Silent Hill games to be eerie and mysterious.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 2/6/13 07:57 AM, MrSaint wrote:

Pretty good, I've never played much of the Silent Hill games so I haven't really gotten the hang of how exactly the tone of the series goes but the old PS1 ones look good.

Battle with Gilgamesh-Final Fantasy V

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 08:47 PM Reply

I just discovered how awesome of a song Route 216 (Pokemon Diamond & Pear) is. I can't stop listening to it. I should play through Pokemon Diamond again. I had so many great memories playing that game as a kid. It sucks that only a couple of my friends still like Pokemon. Most of my friends became people who play nothing other than Black Ops II.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to = Club Stoic = Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 05:02 AM Reply

At 2/13/13 08:47 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: I just discovered how awesome of a song Route 216 (Pokemon Diamond & Pear) is. I can't stop listening to it. I should play through Pokemon Diamond again. I had so many great memories playing that game as a kid. It sucks that only a couple of my friends still like Pokemon. Most of my friends became people who play nothing other than Black Ops II.

Okay, seriously, what the fuck. The game went out in 2007? I feel like I've beaten it only yesterday, or something. And it's freaking 2013 on the calendar. Just wow, time flies fast. This one is kind of stuck in my head til this day.

@The-Great-One
Speaking of Earthbound, I finally found the time to beat it. The music during the first part of the final battle actually caught me off guard, at 0:53. Overall, the game is fucking sweet. And I really enjoyed going around all the places I've been to before, after beating the final boss.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to = Club Stoic = Mar. 20th, 2013 @ 04:50 PM Reply

This club looks interesting.

I like Assassin's Creed 2 OST better than other in the AC series. If Ubisoft just bring back Jesper Kyd, I would be happy. Same as AC, COD soundtrack is on the downfall too. I don't really like Battlefield 3 soundtrack, it has nothing memorable. It's cool to remix the main theme, but that's it, totally no texture at all.

My top 5 list of favorite game soundtrack:

Supremacy (C64)
Cybernoid 2
Max Payne
Assassin's Creed 2 (Venice Rooftops)
Order of War (A Call to Arms)

The oppressed, instead of striving for liberation, tend themselves to become oppressors. — Paulo Freire

SmashLuigiFan1
SmashLuigiFan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 10:15 PM Reply

I've been feeling nostalgic lately, so I've been listening to the Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures soundtrack. Specifically the Sega Genesis version because it was the one I grew up with. I used to hate the SNES version but I've grown rather fond of it recently, but I still prefer the Genesis version. I'm curious as to what you guys prefer, SNES or Genesis?

Haste Makes Waste (Genesis)
Haste Makes Waste (SNES)
I Won't Be Long (Genesis)
I Won't Be Long (SNES)
Only Young Once (Genesis)
Lullaby (SNES)
Strange Factory (Genesis) - This song scared the hell out of me as a child.

If you want to hear more, I found the entire Genesis soundtrack in a playlist. I can't seem to find all of the SNES soundtrack though.

"It's easier to talk about the bad than to understand the good." - Jirard Khalil
"This was a mistake." - Jirard Khalil, 2013
"WELCOME TO THE FANTASY ZONE! GET READY. . ."

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = Apr. 12th, 2013 @ 03:40 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 10:15 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: I've been feeling nostalgic lately, so I've been listening to the Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures soundtrack. Specifically the Sega Genesis version because it was the one I grew up with. I used to hate the SNES version but I've grown rather fond of it recently, but I still prefer the Genesis version. I'm curious as to what you guys prefer, SNES or Genesis?

I've never personally played the game, but I'm listening to the soundtrack now and it sounds familiar. And I'm always feeling nostalgic, literally almost 24/7 so it's always great to hear some good old video game music, whether it's familiar to me or not.

Haste Makes Waste (SNES)
I Won't Be Long (SNES)
Lullaby (SNES)

Excellent list, although most of these I've never even heard before I can see as to why these would be nostalgic.

Also, I have a small nostalgic list of my own I'm currently listening to.

Mario Paint-Theme
Donkey Kong Country-DK Island Swing
Chrono Trigger-Battle With Magus
And for some reason right now:
RuneScape-Harmony

I haven't played RuneScape for at least 3 years and I used to play it for hours on end, as my brother did before me.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = Apr. 12th, 2013 @ 03:42 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 10:15 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: I've been feeling nostalgic lately, so I've been listening to the Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures soundtrack. Specifically the Sega Genesis version because it was the one I grew up with. I used to hate the SNES version but I've grown rather fond of it recently, but I still prefer the Genesis version. I'm curious as to what you guys prefer, SNES or Genesis?

I've never personally played the game, but I'm listening to the soundtrack now and it sounds familiar. And I'm always feeling nostalgic, literally almost 24/7 so it's always great to hear some good old video game music, whether it's familiar to me or not.

Haste Makes Waste (SNES)
I Won't Be Long (SNES)
Lullaby (SNES)

Excellent list, although most of these I've never even heard before I can see as to why these would be nostalgic.

Also, I have a small nostalgic list of my own I'm currently listening to.

Mario Paint-Theme
Donkey Kong Country-DK Island Swing
Chrono Trigger-Battle With Magus
And for some reason right now:
RuneScape-Harmony

I haven't played RuneScape for at least 3 years and I used to play it for hours on end, as my brother did before me.

BBS Signature
Cynical-Charlotte
Cynical-Charlotte
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = Apr. 12th, 2013 @ 10:43 PM Reply

Scores for video-games can often be more memorable than the game itself. Personally, I don't play a wide variety of games - mostly old 90's games. But, here are my top ten soundtracks!

1. Neopets: The Darkest Faerie (The most magical soundtrack of all time!)
2. Spyro the Dragon
3. Sly Cooper (The grooviest soundtrack of all time!)
4. Simcity 4
5. Age of Empires: Gold
6. Lionel Traintown Deluxe
7. Crash Nitro Kart
8. Crimson Skies (Volume warning!)
9. Medieval: Total War
10. The Incredible Machine!

"Yes!" - Fred Fredburger
CC | Nemesis | Lit Lovers | Ideas Worth Spreading

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 11:31 AM Reply

What the fuck?! So sorry for the triple post everyone I honestly don't know what the hell happened there. Anyways to the poster above, I'm going to start listening to those, I love 90s nostalgia.

BBS Signature