Be a Supporter!

= Club Stoic =

  • 11,117 Views
  • 170 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-06 22:40:47 Reply

At 9/6/12 10:32 PM, SineRider wrote: Have you tried a different browser? Also try cleaning you browser cache too.

No, because Firefox is slow as it is and Internet Explorer sucks.

I've been getting slow down, but once it loads it's fine

Yeah I let it load to, but then it just slows down so much and then crashes my browser. I'm doing fine right now on this page, but I can't read the first page unless I turn flash off first.

II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-06 23:47:55 Reply

Honestly my top five belong to SONIC TEAM but for variety sake I'll just do one per franchise.

1, Reach For The Stars (Orchestra) SONIC COLORS

2. Passion/Sanctuary Kingdom Hearts 2

3. Rundas Theme Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

4. Straight Ahead Dynasty Warriors 4

5. Impend Halo 2

Jun Senoue without a doubt my all time favorite VG composer. He really knows how to set a mood and make each level/ boss feel special.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-06 23:57:39 Reply

If anyone gives a damn I made a few in dept top 10's sonic themes list on Sonic adventure, Sonic Adventure 2 and Heroes Soundtrack. (Sonic Adventure...not so much)


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-07 01:21:42 Reply

I never really looked at a lot of the Kirby music or Sonic the Hedgehog music. My favorite Kirby song was always Ruins from Kirby 64. My favorite Sonic song was always Casino Night Zone.

So it is nice to get a little bit more taste in both of those. I know Kirby has a lot of popular choices when it comes to music. Fountain of Dreams and Gourmet Race being two. Sonic has an epitome of famous music with Green Hill Zone, Scrap Brain Zone, Sonic Boom, and Sonic Heroes. However finding that nice niche is the tricky part.

DrClay
DrClay
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-07 13:33:31 Reply

I kind of liked it more when video games had more of a "chiptunes" to it, instead of just playing a song made off of a CD or something.
When hearing music on the Sega or NES, it was more amazing on what they could do with such a simple thing.
And with the things people have done on it, it is far more amazing on how they did it on a cartridge, then on a cd.


TF2 Crew I User Icon Makers Club I Source Filmmaker Crew I
NEWGROUNDS TF2 Server: 192.223.24.28

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-07 14:01:35 Reply

At 9/7/12 01:33 PM, DrClay wrote: I kind of liked it more when video games had more of a "chiptunes" to it, instead of just playing a song made off of a CD or something.
When hearing music on the Sega or NES, it was more amazing on what they could do with such a simple thing.
And with the things people have done on it, it is far more amazing on how they did it on a cartridge, then on a cd.

Yeah it was pretty impressive to hear the music from the NES and Sega Master System. However although the Super Nintendo did trump both of these in the music department, The Genesis could really be a musical powerhouse. Just look at Rocket Knight Adventures music for an example.

The question is though, which one does a more impressive job? Just look at the music from Mega Man 1, 2, and 3 from the NES and Mega Man: The Wily Wars music from the Sega Mega Drive.

II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-07 18:16:40 Reply

At 9/7/12 02:01 PM, The-Great-One wrote:

The Mortal Kombat II character select theme on The Super Nintendo was amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWOvktE1Qwk


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-07 19:07:34 Reply

At 9/6/12 04:17 PM, SineRider wrote:
At 9/6/12 04:06 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Heroes Abroad-Medal Of Honor (2010)
This actually reminds me of the Medal of Honor: Allied Assault's theme which is totally classic in my eyes.

Yeah it does a bit I have that on PC but haven't played it for at least three years.


I'm a bit concerned this is turning into a bit of a link dump, how do you suppose we stop that The-Great-One?

How else would we share music with one another?


BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-07 19:42:50 Reply

At 9/7/12 07:07 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
I'm a bit concerned this is turning into a bit of a link dump, how do you suppose we stop that The-Great-One?
How else would we share music with one another?

Good point, we really dont have any other way of sharing music within the forums. I guess well just have to accept this and carry on
While Im here, 5 more songs :3(i'll be doing this almost every time I post here)
Meta Knight's Revenge--Super Smash Bros Brawl remix
Rainbow Road--Mario Kart 64
Live and Learn--Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Gym Leader Battle--Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
Never Ending Journey--Dragon Warrior Monsters

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-07 20:13:57 Reply

At 9/7/12 07:42 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 9/7/12 07:07 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
Meta Knight's Revenge--Super Smash Bros Brawl remix

I've always liked this one

Rainbow Road--Mario Kart 64

I prefer the track to Luigi's Raceway as my favourite all-time Mario Kart theme.

Live and Learn--Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Yeah Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Colors tie for the all time best Sonic game for me.

Gym Leader Battle--Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow

I honestly liked some of the remixes people have done over the original for this tune.

Never Ending Journey--Dragon Warrior Monsters

Definitely a series I should get into.

Now here's a few more I have in mind:

Metroid Other M: Phantoon
Skyward Sword: The Sky
All Super Mario Underground Themes
Another All-Time Favourite


BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-07 21:20:53 Reply

At 9/7/12 07:07 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
I'm a bit concerned this is turning into a bit of a link dump, how do you suppose we stop that The-Great-One?
How else would we share music with one another?

I mean it seemed like no one was actually reading the thread or commenting on any of the links. Although this page definitely has a few discussions going.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-08 13:03:51 Reply

What exactly is the policy on remixes here? Are they allowed, or only if they stay close to what the original was like?

For example, here is an 8 bit rendering of the castle theme from New Super Mario bros Wii.

I mean I still have tons of songs I can post, but I also would like to share remixes like this.

By the way, has anyone heard of Gilvasunner? He posts full soundtracks from Nintendo games on youtube. Ranging from Donkey Kong, to Mario, to Zelda, even some obscure Japanese only games.

Lord of the Underworld from Kid Icarus Uprising. Has a Pirates of the Carribean style to it.

Out of all the remixes of Fi's theme in the game, this one made me actually care about her. Her speech here made you realize that she wasn't just a robot, but one who had had your back the whole game. I can actually play this on the piano, which is really nice. (Skyward Sword).

Double Dash is still my favourite MK to this day. My sister and I like to sing the melody at the top of our lungs for no reason sometimes. This is from the Wario/Waluigi courses.

Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-08 14:43:14 Reply

I just got the Rockman 9 Original Soundtrack. I ripped it to my hard drive and now for the thing I hate most about getting new CDs: having to fill in all of the tags (title, artist, album, etc.).

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-08 16:27:13 Reply

Now this page is running slow for me. I want to be able to participate with this club because I love video game music so much. However the only way I can get here is if I click the reply button fast.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-08 16:57:40 Reply

At 9/8/12 04:27 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Now this page is running slow for me. I want to be able to participate with this club because I love video game music so much. However the only way I can get here is if I click the reply button fast.

Now it's fine again. I am so confused.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-08 18:42:02 Reply

At 9/8/12 04:57 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 9/8/12 04:27 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Now this page is running slow for me. I want to be able to participate with this club because I love video game music so much. However the only way I can get here is if I click the reply button fast.
Now it's fine again. I am so confused.

Its just like Sinerider said earlier, once its done loading all the links, it runs just fine, but until then it lags

5 more songs!(I'll start listing reasons why I like them this time)
Bramble Blast--SSBB remix of Stickerbrush Symphony from DKC2
Gotta say, the original song was fantastic, and this remix is just about as good
DK Rap--Donkey Kong 64
Pretty sure this was the first DK game I played, and this rap is forever burned into my memory(in a good way)
Wily's Theme--Megaman 2
This song is pretty iconic, wouldnt you say? Almost everyone who has played Megaman knows of this song, and its a great one at that
Wing Cap/Vanish Cap theme--Super Mario 64
This song really made me felt like I was flying. Does anything else need to be said after that?
Sky Sands--Kirby Air Ride
A perfect song to play in a desert. I really like the small part with the vocals(or at least it sounds like vocals)

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-08 19:19:53 Reply

I have tried waiting on the page to load the links. I tried it just now on this page and it lagged like hell. I tried the first page again and my computer froze. I can't get anywhere. Until I can, I hate to say this, but I would like to kindly ask that some of you share your favorites with me through PM.

I don't know what to do. Tom said liljim was looking into it and that's all I got so far.

Archonic
Archonic
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-08 20:24:39 Reply

City of Rome - Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Here's one of my favorite tracks from the series (excluding Revelations, which I haven't listened to/played yet).

Downstream - Braid
I don't know if I've said this yet, but the entire Braid soundtrack is absolutely top-notch. This is one of the few tracks I've heard that I've found zero faults with.


EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-09 09:57:10 Reply

At 9/8/12 08:24 PM, Spretznaz wrote: City of Rome - Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Here's one of my favorite tracks from the series (excluding Revelations, which I haven't listened to/played yet).

Yes, I was never into Assassins Creed: Brotherhood or Revelations that much but I really like this track. In fact just a few days ago when me and my friend were taking turns at his recently purchased Counter Strike: GO we kept playing this track for some reason while we did that.


Downstream - Braid
I don't know if I've said this yet, but the entire Braid soundtrack is absolutely top-notch. This is one of the few tracks I've heard that I've found zero faults with.

Interesting, I've never heard of this one before.

And, The-Great-One sure thing! I think I might just even make a news post with a bunch of video game music links so we can all view them without having to sit through lag or anything. Like some of you, I just have to wait 5-15 seconds for the page to quit lagging then it runs as smoothly as any other thread.

Also to BobbyBroccoli while I liked MK64 better Double Dash certainly had some of the top music tracks in any Nintendo racing game ever! That, and F-Zero X.


BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-10 19:09:28 Reply

This type of thread goes through a period of lots of enthusiastic first posts, then a complete drop off. Let's try to make one stick for once.

Driftveil city, Pokémon Black/White.

Orbital Ring systems Cargo Bay. Tatsunoko vs Capcom, which I recommend.

II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-10 23:54:01 Reply

I had a falling out with mario around the time I discovered Sonic Adventure 2. But Nintendo can make interesting melodies when they want to.

SMW Athletic SNES

Wing Cap them Mario 64


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-11 02:52:59 Reply

At 9/10/12 07:09 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Driftveil city, PokÃf©mon Black/White.

I love that song. It's my favorite song from Pokemon Black and White.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-13 16:43:13 Reply

This is definitely an awesome idea for a club. I will post more later, right now I just want to join with a short list of tracks I love deeply.

1. Chrono Trigger - World Revolution

2. Schala's Theme

3. Super Mario RPG - Forest Maze

4. Super Metroid - Main Theme

5. Super Metroid - Lower Norfair

6. Baldur's Gate - Main Theme

7. A Link to the Past - Lost Woods

And when it comes to composers, I don't know them much so this is why I chose to put more tracks on my list. I really like Yasunori Mitsuda, who wrote the music or Chrono Trigger. Which is to me, the game with the best music ever :)

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-13 17:27:12 Reply

I just wanted to point out that NG's own audio portal has some great videogame remixes in it, for those who are having issues with all the YouTube links. For instance:

  • Kirby Gourmet Race (GaMetal)
    Kirby Gourmet Race (GaMetal) by TheJonnyDeath

    Metal remake of the Kirby Gourmet Race theme, by GaMetal!

    Score
    4.48 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity
    13,619 Views

I love remixes of tracks I remember. They give the original a hole new sense of awesome if done properly.

And now to shit all over what I just said about YouTube links by showing you all my ultimate favourite metal cover of a VG song. :D

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-13 23:13:10 Reply

At 9/13/12 05:27 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I just wanted to point out that NG's own audio portal has some great videogame remixes in it, for those who are having issues with all the YouTube links. For instance:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/369039
I love remixes of tracks I remember. They give the original a hole new sense of awesome if done properly.

And now to shit all over what I just said about YouTube links by showing you all my ultimate favourite metal cover of a VG song. :D

Heres another song by that same artist that I really like. He does a lot of metal remixes of game songs

  • Rainbow Road MKW (GaMetal)
    Rainbow Road MKW (GaMetal) by TheJonnyDeath

    Rainbow Road from Mario Kart Wii, remix by GaMetal!

    Score
    4.47 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity
    7,276 Views

Oh wait, im posting here again, so heres 5 more of some of my favorite songs(dont worry, i'll run out soon :P)(You can now see why I love this club so much)

Kirby 64 Miniboss theme--Kirby Air Ride Remix
I dont know why, but I have always loved this song from the first moment I heard it, and the KAR remix made it even better Trainer Battle--Pokemon R/B/Y
Iconic, and the first version of it has always been one of my favorites
Underground theme--SSBB remix
The underground theme was my favorite of the original Mario songs, just because of its simplicity. This remix takes that, and makes it sound freaking amazing
Yugi's Battle theme--Yu-Gi-Oh The Falsebound Kingdom
There are 3 different versions of this song, because there are 3 different heroes in the game, but this version has got to be my favorite, just because of how well it all flows together. I'd recommend listening to the other 2 versions to compare though, just to see which one you like the best
Purple Coin theme--Super Mario Galaxy
The quick pacing, upbeat, happy theme of this song is just exemplary. For a challenge tune, they hit it right on the mark
(special 6th bonus song just because I feel like it!)
Amusement Park theme--Super Monkey Ball 2
Good god, this game is just loaded with awesome songs. Anyway, this song is quite well done. Nice and upbeat and happy, then it changes and becomes a bit slower but just as happy, and goes right back to being upbeat again. One of my favorite in the game

lnitroburstl
lnitroburstl
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-15 15:37:32 Reply

Top 5 (in my opinion):

Epilogue - Crysis 2

Crysis 2 had an incredibly unappreciated soundtrack, probably because everyone was focusing on the game's graphics.

Venice Rooftops - Assasin's Creed 2

The first time I heard this track, I truly felt like I was running across rooftops. Simply brilliant.

Main Theme - Batman Arkham City

This track made me stay on the menu screen for longer than I'd like to admit.

Icarus - Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Amazing theme to an amazing game.

Uncharted Worlds - Mass Effect

The feeling you get when you first open the galaxy map is one you never forget.


BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-16 12:03:11 Reply

At 9/15/12 03:37 PM, lnitroburstl wrote: Top 5 (in my opinion):

Epilogue - Crysis 2

Main Theme - Batman Arkham City

Icarus - Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Uncharted Worlds - Mass Effect

All fantastic games especially the Crysis 2 Epilogue. Everyone was definitely fapping over the graphics so much that they didn't tend to notice much of the actual plot or music. Here's a few game tracks I've been listening to recently.

Wing Commander-Main Theme
Crystalis-Main Theme
Kirby's Epic Yarn-Lava Landing
Secret Of Mana-Fear of the Heavens


BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-16 12:38:33 Reply

I used to think the bowling aftermath music was the best. Wii Sport's best music is it's baseball training music. Dat sax...

Anyone hear the Nintedoland trailer music? It is so un-Nintendo-like, but it is so awesome! It sounds like C418's music in Minecraft, but this is Nintendo! I hope someone makes a sound effect free version.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-16 13:40:03 Reply

You guys are all talking about N64 and the most recent generation videogames. But the best music comes from the NES and the SNES ! Haven't you guys played the Castlevania games ? Chrono Trigger ? Super Metroid ? A Link to the Past ? Come on ! Not only is the music from these games awesome, but these games still stand as some of the best games ever made !

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to = Club Stoic = 2012-09-16 17:58:23 Reply

At 9/16/12 01:40 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: You guys are all talking about N64 and the most recent generation videogames. But the best music comes from the NES and the SNES ! Haven't you guys played the Castlevania games ? Chrono Trigger ? Super Metroid ? A Link to the Past ? Come on ! Not only is the music from these games awesome, but these games still stand as some of the best games ever made !

Actually I think every single one of the games you mentioned have been linked or referred to already in this thread. An the majority of my posts have been about the 16-bit era but yes I agree with you about how epic that era's music really was. Especially RPG's like Secret Of Mana.


BBS Signature