00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twmimic001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Capcom 2012-09-02 14:29:19

Just for fun and to celebrate many of my favorite Capcom games (arcade or not) I'm going to make a small series of "Subject Questionnaires" on the many Capcom titles that come to mind. First one to start off easy with is Street Fighter and I mane the whole series too so nobody doesn't have to refrain in a subjective manner (becomes freedom in games rock!). Okay, here we go! ....

1. Who is your favorite Street Fighter character?

2. Why?

3.What is your favorite said character's signature moves?

4. Who is your favorite character's rivals?

5. What's your "personal" favorite fights with what characters?

6. Which games do you prefer with Street Fighter characters (cross overs, mainstay, dream fights, ect.)?

And finally a Bonus question:
7. What character inflicted a grievous wound on which opponent's chest after the first 1987 Street Fighter Arcade game?

The rest is now for fun, Comment and talk your hearts out as I ponder on more funner quizzes on the next Capcom topic.
Enjoy the reminiscence and fun!

Response to Capcom 2012-09-02 14:34:26

(Ignore the first version of the page, because of my sinuses I tend to foul some minor spelling errors, I humbly apologize for the inconvenience)
Just for fun and to celebrate many of my favorite Capcom games (arcade or not) I'm going to make a small series of "Subject Questionnaires" on the many Capcom titles that come to mind. First one to start off easy with is Street Fighter and I mean the whole series too so nobody doesn't have to refrain in a subjective manner (because freedom in games rock!). Okay, here we go! ....

2. Why?

6. Which games do you prefer with Street Fighter characters (cross overs, mainstay, dream fights, ect.)?

7. What character inflicted a grievous wound on which opponent's chest after the first 1987 Street Fighter Arcade game?

The rest is now for fun, Comment and talk your hearts out as I ponder on more funner quizzes on the next Capcom topic.

Response to Capcom 2012-09-02 23:47:37

I guess I'll humor you.

Juri Han.

2. Why?
Juri's a newcomer, but her character and moves are full of attitude and potential. You'll be hard-pressed to find a more unpredictable opponent than her. Many of her moves are quick, and they pack quite a punch too. To be honest, she's my favorite because of over two years of writing about her.

3.What are your favorite said character's signature moves?
The Senpusha, definitely. It feels good coming off with a good combo before ending it with that pinwheel kick. The next one would have to be her aerial dive kick.

4. Who are your favorite character's rivals?
Bison, Cammy, Chun-Li, Guile.

I enjoy fighting against Dan players because, well, they're Danly and they always make me smile. I also love playing against scrubby Shotos with Adon as I cackle away.

Main series

That would be Ryu with a Mestu Shoryuken, which was inflicted upon Sagat.

Response to Capcom 2012-09-03 03:58:02

Damn your good! And congrats! Atleast your a nice person to respond to my post. To also note Juri is a deadly practitioner in Tae Kwon Do which in great irony I've practiced in boxing and Tae Kwon Do. Plus Juri is a very as you've mentioned an unpredictable fighter. Thanks for the commentation and as mentioned there's many more Capcom related things ahead in due time.

Response to Capcom 2012-09-03 13:46:10

At 9/2/12 02:29 PM, NewgroundSage wrote: Just for fun and to celebrate many of my favorite Capcom games (arcade or not) I'm going to make a small series of "Subject Questionnaires" on the many Capcom titles that come to mind. First one to start off easy with is Street Fighter and I mane the whole series too so nobody doesn't have to refrain in a subjective manner (becomes freedom in games rock!). Okay, here we go! ....

Depends on what you mean. I main Akuma, but in terms of favorite he's tied with Oro.

2. Why?

I like Akuma's more aggressive play style, while I like Oro's back story( fighting is such a casual thing for him he fights with one arm like a bad ass)

Shun Goku Satsu

Gouken or Ryu or Bison.... Akuma has made a good amount of rivals. I think Ibuki is Oro's official rival but I'm not sure.

Either Akuma vs Oro(ended in a tie),or Akuma vs Gen.

3rd strike

Ryu in his fight with Sagat entered his Satsui no Hadou state. He then produced to shoryuken Sagat, leaving the famous scar across his chest.

Join the Magikarp Army.

Psn: Creepydentures , Mostly play fighting games(Mvc3, street fighter 3, JJBA)

3ds: 4382 - 2022 - 6462 - Simons

BBS Signature

Response to Capcom 2012-09-03 21:35:31

At 9/2/12 02:29 PM, NewgroundSage wrote: Just for fun and to celebrate many of my favorite Capcom games (arcade or not) I'm going to make a small series of "Subject Questionnaires" on the many Capcom titles that come to mind. First one to start off easy with is Street Fighter and I mane the whole series too so nobody doesn't have to refrain in a subjective manner (becomes freedom in games rock!). Okay, here we go! ....

Cammy

2. Why?

I enjoy playing her, that and she is British, that and she is hot.

Cannon Strike

Since I pay no attention to the story I will just say M. Bison. He is technically someone she hates.

Ermm, fighting them?

Street Fighter 4 myself.

I wouldn't know and can't be arsed to look it up.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Capcom 2012-09-03 22:14:28

At 9/2/12 02:29 PM, NewgroundSage wrote:

Ryu.

2. Why?

Well basically, he's been the ultimate mainstay throughout the series, going back to the first game in '87, and he has probably the most iconic theme song in any fighting game. {just look at the all of the remixes in the Audio portal.}

Metsu Hadouken

Ken, Akuma and M. Bison. Particularly in the Alpha series, when Bison tried to take Ryu's body as a vessel.

Any of them against Akuma. You can tell that there is a lot of dislike between them in terms of philosophy, but they do respect each other purely on fighting ability.

Main series.

I think it would be pretty obvious by now, it was Ryu who hit Sagat with a Metsu Hadouken as a finishing move, which gave Sagat his trademark scar, and for a long time in the series, hated him and specifically joined Shadowloo for the purpose of beating Ryu.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Capcom 2012-09-03 22:49:00

At 9/2/12 02:29 PM, NewgroundSage wrote:

Ryu

2. Why?

Because he's the one who taught me how to Hadouken

Hadouken

Ken and Akuma

Ryu v. Akuma

Mainstays and cross overs are always cool.

Ryu to Sagat

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Capcom 2012-09-04 03:22:11

Finally a fellow Ryu fanatic besides myself! XD

Response to Capcom 2012-09-04 03:23:41

Ryu fans unite!!!

Response to Capcom 2012-09-04 15:21:42

I hate Street Fighter's combat system.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to Capcom 2012-09-04 17:39:46

At 9/2/12 02:29 PM, NewgroundSage wrote: 1. Who is your favorite Street Fighter character?

Mega man

2. Why?

His mega buster can cut the mustard

fully charged mega buster!

Dr. Wily

Mega man vs. Wood man

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. (It has mega man in it) Fuck you Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Mega man

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Capcom 2012-09-04 21:09:37

Sakura!

2. Why?

Fast, annoying, and lesbian haircut

T. Hawks Raging Typhoon

Ryu, Ibuki, Dan, Karin

Ryu. To see if the student is indeed stronger than the master

Mainstay

Ryu to Sagat

BBS Signature

Response to Capcom 2012-09-04 21:11:25

OOPS! For #2 I meant to put Haru Ichiban. I sped read it.

BBS Signature

Response to Capcom 2012-09-05 17:02:50

I do enjoy Capcom, but I do not like Street Fighter. I am all for Mortal Kombat.

Also I am tired of people wanting their fanboy squeals vs. Capcom a.k.a. Ryu versus the world. Really need to cut the bullshit and just come down to that.

Wake me up when we start talking Resident Evil so I can tell fanboys why Resident Evil 4 wasn't the second coming and Wesker in Resident Evil 5 isn't as badass as people think.

Response to Capcom 2012-09-05 17:23:25

At 9/2/12 02:29 PM, NewgroundSage wrote: 1. Who is your favorite Street Fighter character?

Ibuki

2. Why?

She had a fighting style that suited me best, I also liked the ninja aspect.

the neck snap move.

Sakura in SSF4, Makoto in SF3

marvel vs. capcom comes to mind

Ryu to Sagat

You don't say funner, you say fun.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature