00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zero Punctuation

1,972 Views | 23 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 02:33:52

In Twilight is where the true Sanctuary awaits the truly worthy.

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 02:49:39

At 9/1/12 02:36 AM, Crink wrote: i dont find some guy angrily forcing his opinion down my throat very appealing

I kind of look at him kind of like how X-Play used to be. It was their opinion, and really I watch it for the humor these days.

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 02:50:40

At 9/1/12 02:49 AM, Leopardclaw wrote:
I kind of look at him kind of like how X-Play used to be. It was their opinion, and really I watch it for the humor these days.

Taking Yahtzee's reviews seriously is like drinking Budweiser because you like the taste. The humor is all there is to his videos, and even then it's lacking a fair bit.

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 03:01:36

At 9/1/12 02:50 AM, Oliver wrote:
At 9/1/12 02:49 AM, Leopardclaw wrote:
Taking Yahtzee's reviews seriously is like drinking Budweiser because you like the taste. The humor is all there is to his videos, and even then it's lacking a fair bit.

True enough.

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 08:09:31

At 9/1/12 02:33 AM, Leopardclaw wrote: Who here watches Yahtzee's rants?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation

Yahtzee is without a doubt the most entertaining and interesting game critic. Even if he is reviewing your favourite game you can't help but love everything he says about it and agree. I've watched all his reviews several times now and they never get old.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 10:09:46

At 9/1/12 08:09 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:
Yahtzee is without a doubt the most entertaining and interesting game critic. Even if he is reviewing your favourite game you can't help but love everything he says about it and agree. I've watched all his reviews several times now and they never get old.

Good to see that at least someone else like watching him.

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 12:08:14

He is a very cynical game critic, but you realize that his opinion is his own. The gripes he does have with a game shows and you can either agree with his statements or at least see where he's coming from. My only problem is that he needs to stop riding Valve's dick like they were the second coming of Jesus the fucking Jew. It's not that bad though.

Also the way he presents it with little comic animations I find to be quite funny and different from the more cartoony storylines of Angry Joe and Spoony. Isn't that peculiar.

He's a good source for reviews, but I would suggest using him as more of a second opinion than anything else and recommend Sage Reviews and GameTrailers more.

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 12:33:40

Some of his stuff I agree with, some I don't.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 13:08:05

I almost never agree with him, but I still tune in for his videos every Wednesday. I'm also subscribed to his channel where he does commentaries over pre-recorded videos of him playing horrible games from his childhood with his friend, Gabriel Morton. Hilarious guy.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 13:15:28

At 9/1/12 12:46 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Some of his reviews simply cracked me up like Halo 3, Mass Effect, Dead Rising 2 or others that are so popular but some of his reviews seem to be desperately searching for bad things to say about a game like BioShock, Fallout 3, Metal Gear Solid 4 and so on.

Yes he's looking for bad things to say, because that's what a critic does. If they just glanced over it then it wouldn't be criticizing or criticism. At times he blows a small thing into proportion, but that's just to make it funny, he does state when he's nitpicking and when he's not though.

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 14:31:01

He's a talented comedian, game journalist, author and critic. His video's are either told to be funny yet insightful and critical introspective's into certain games that wastes no time getting to the point, or comedic relief for Wednesdays depending how how much nerd rage they can or will ensue.

For me, being mature enough to handle criticisms of games I like and don't like, I consider his video's to be the former. I agree with him on almost everything and sometimes he's even changed my opinion on things I thought were black and white. Certainly better than TGO on numerous occasions and someone I'd defiantly recommend over IGN.

So yes, I watch and enjoy Zero Punctuation.

BBS Signature

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 14:51:46

At 9/1/12 02:50 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: He's funny, but he's not much of a critic. When he's not failing hard at fact-checking, he's rubbing his elitist nostalgia-cock in the audience's face. It can get pretty fucking annoying, but then he makes a good joke and all is forgiven.

Hmm, please show me instances of what you're describing.

BBS Signature

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 15:03:39

Am I the only one who noticed that lately his reviews have been alot more positive than usual?

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 15:09:22

At 9/1/12 03:03 PM, Warforger wrote: Am I the only one who noticed that lately his reviews have been alot more positive than usual?

I'm not really seeing that. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, and Super Mario 3D Land, got a good bit of flack.

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 15:55:23

At 9/1/12 03:22 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: I know that doesn't sound like that many, but bear in mind that's just one review. I remember that most of the times I watch reviews for games I've played, there are plenty of other inaccuracies, I just don't want to waste my time looking for all of them.

If you made this post originally instead of that blatant attack one of him rubbing his nostalgia cock in our faces then that would have been better. He doesn't rub anything in the viewers faces at all. As for the Star Wars review, keep in mind he is mainly going through one aspect of the game and not going through the whole thing. In one review he says he likes to think he reviews for everyone, even those who aren't as hardcore.

He's not like your modern game reviewer like Game Informer, GameTrailers, GameSpot (something's not right here) where they go in-depth into the game. He comes off to me as an everyman reviewer in this aspect.

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 16:23:39

At 9/1/12 04:04 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: I don't want to start a prolonged argument, just remember his reviews of alot of older games where he talks about how "they don't make games like these anymore." Particularly his Deus Ex Human Revolution review where he says "Games these days can't be as big as older games because the disk space is dedicated to graphics."

Which in a way he is right in that aspect. PC Games were the Indie games of their time, then they sold out. I can see where he's coming from in that aspect to where video games aren't really a form of art or entertainment, but simply a business.

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 16:28:36

People claiming he doesn't properly criticise games obviously can't understand what he does. Also yes he does go on a lot about a few specific games mostly Silent Hill 2, and he is fully self aware of it and does take the piss out of himself doing so as well as criticising his own views and reviews which is something people really can't seem to pay attention to.

He is one of the higher class game critics, the all too common viewer with no mind is unable to actually enjoy it properly.

BBS Signature

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 17:06:56

He's good, but I prefer Nahtzee

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 17:14:50

At 9/1/12 04:28 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: He is one of the higher class game critics, the all too common viewer with no mind is unable to actually enjoy it properly.

That's a bit degrading Ragnarokia.

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 17:22:42

He's okay, I like his visual style it adds to the comedy even if at I don't get his jokes.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 17:55:55

At 9/1/12 05:14 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 9/1/12 04:28 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: He is one of the higher class game critics, the all too common viewer with no mind is unable to actually enjoy it properly.
That's a bit degrading Ragnarokia.

I like to think I can help the peasants feel comfortable.

BBS Signature

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 17:58:04

At 9/1/12 05:55 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: I like to think I can help the peasants feel comfortable.

Well it's talk like that which starts the angry mobs with the pitchforks and fire.

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 18:04:04

At 9/1/12 05:58 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 9/1/12 05:55 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: I like to think I can help the peasants feel comfortable.
Well it's talk like that which starts the angry mobs with the pitchforks and fire.

It's always cute when the peasantry like to play politics.

BBS Signature

Response to Zero Punctuation 2012-09-01 18:18:44

At 9/1/12 06:04 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: It's always cute when the peasantry like to play politics.

Yeah like boycotts they don't work... anybody remember that? No.