00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dakale just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your signature weapon

5,575 Views | 50 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Your signature weapon 2012-08-31 21:31:05

Usually in video games, the protagonist always carry around his most comfortable weapon, his signature weapon. Examples could be Link and his sword and shield, Kratos and his dual wielding chain swords, the many firearm users, or Sora with his keyblade. So what would your signature weapon be? It could even be just simply your fists.

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-08-31 21:38:35

The Buster Sword.

BBS Signature

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-08-31 21:47:12

At 8/31/12 09:31 PM, darklink4567 wrote:
Sora with his keyblade.

I could never imagine him actually finding it comfortable to use the keyblade considering the fact it was still basically a key, especially the original form which had no blade segments and was just a blunt key. As much as I like the games I really just had to keep thinking of how much easier it would be for him to just get a sword. Especially since all his attacks weren'yt so much using the keyblade fluently as they were him swinging it around and being pulled with it due to how cumbersome it was. In the second game it got a lot better and the keyblade actually seemed fluent, but the first it really looked like he would have preferred not to use it.
Sure you could look at it and go "well he wasn't comfortable at first but years later when he was used to fighting it got better" as sure it is true he is a lot more up for fighting in the second game, but still it doesn't change the fact he was swinging it around like Tidus did when he first got his sword in FF10, and at least he quickly got fine with using it (if a bit to quickly to actually seem realistic)

So what would your signature weapon be? It could even be just simply your fists.

Probably a stave, I would be a mage character healer person and do the usual thing of using my magic instead of actually hitting things over the head with my weapon until they died. Could still use it when required and likely wave it around a bit, but you know, not hit everything over the head with it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-08-31 21:52:57

AK-47 always makes me happy to see, but realistically I feel either a pistol grip 12 gauge or a compound bow would be awesome.
While the shotgun and ak have pure power, something about the bow is cooler, more primal.

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-08-31 21:54:38

A wrench that's half the size of my body.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-08-31 21:56:33

My signature weapon would probably be a pair of Skorpion vz.61s (aka the Klobb from Goldeneye 64). With that latter part in mind though, I doubt I'll be effective at killing people unless I'm in headbutting distance, and even then I'm bound to miss a few shots.

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-08-31 23:05:17

Big Swords, Assault weapons.

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-08-31 23:08:09

The Lancer from Gears of War. Not only do you have a fully automatic gun which is rather accurate even at long range, but you have a chainsaw bayonet which is an instant kill when revved up. It really makes the opponent think twice before he tries to get into hand to hand combat.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-08-31 23:12:42

A fireaxe and shotgun seem to do nicely for me.

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-08-31 23:39:15

The Mega Buster. Uncharged it fires quickly and fully charged it does lots of damage.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-08-31 23:41:58

Bitches, bronze knuckles any day.

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-01 00:28:20

This is a cool concept. Like if I held out my hand knowing some weapon from a loved video game will appear in it, what would that weapon be?

Though spears and two-handed staffs/pole weapons are a personal favorite of mine. What I actually imagined just now was Ratchet's Omniwrench. What a fun tool to bash people over the head with. Even better if the future has us turning giant cartoony cranks to operate most machinery.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-01 07:01:44

Call me old fashioned but I always like to see a standard pistol, preferably with a silencer fitted.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-01 07:16:48

A guitar in the shape of an axe or sword that shoots lightning when I play it.

Realistically, my favorite weapon in pretty much all games is a good old fashioned Assault Rifle, preferably an ACR.

The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

BBS Signature

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-01 08:07:31

At 9/1/12 07:16 AM, HeadbangingLegend wrote: A guitar in the shape of an axe or sword that shoots lightning when I play it.

Preferably if you get it from killing a seductive vampire.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-01 08:14:35

The Blade of Arrah

Picture of it can be found here.

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-01 08:45:44

Sword and board baby!!! The sword would be the Sword of Aeons from the first fable and the shield would be spartan shields from 300 only made of the scales and bones of Alduin who I killed with a butter knife!

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-01 09:39:08

At 8/31/12 09:56 PM, Klobb17 wrote: My signature weapon would probably be a pair of Skorpion vz.61s (aka the Klobb from Goldeneye 64). With that latter part in mind though, I doubt I'll be effective at killing people unless I'm in headbutting distance, and even then I'm bound to miss a few shots.

Lol. Yeah, I can not think of any weapon in a FPS more useless than the Klobb in Goldeneye.

Anyway, my favourite weapons in games tend to be a sword in medieval setting games and assault rifles in FPS. Very basic, but usually they turn out to be the most effective and you will have the largest array available to you.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-01 10:14:13

A pair of stilettos or a magnum revolver or a pair of berettas.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-01 10:45:47

Leaf Shield after beating Wood Man. How can anybody touch me? I've got a barrier of leaves to protect me AND I can hurl them at you!

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-01 10:48:35

M60 LMG. Specifically made to kill everyone in your path.

Your signature weapon

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-02 09:01:42

This bad boy.

Your signature weapon

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-02 09:30:08

Dual wielding daggers.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-02 10:18:12

Hmmm, for me, it would probably a sword or greatsword. or maybe even dual-wield swords. Throughout most "fantasy" type games I've played, I've always used some form of sword. Whether it be in Skyrim or Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny. Yes, I know, I'm a huge "fantasy" nerd.

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-02 11:04:06

Duel wielding rocket launcher. That's my signature kill in Serious Sam and Duke Nukem. Other than that I'd go with Duel wielding 1911 Pistols.

At 8/31/12 09:38 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: The Buster Sword.

You'd better not been inspired by my username because the Bustersword is gay and I don't even know why I haven't requested a name change yet.

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-02 13:21:30

an akm or ak-74 or akms or ak-74s.

anyone of those from any country would be fine. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-02 13:55:49

At 8/31/12 10:42 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Definitely the M1 Garand. Not as clumsy, or random as a machine gun. An elegant rifle, from a more civilized age.

World War 2?

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-02 14:11:14

QBZ-95B with russian RDS, heavy barrel, and flash suppressor.

BBS Signature

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-02 14:15:35

Your not the only one brother! I feel old fashioned thinking on my choice of weapons (even my own friend called me old fashioned in my topic of firearms). I would go with a sawed-off shotgun, a Single Action Army Revolver and finally an old Double Action Revolver (If I'm playing Red Dead Redemption). For close quarter or hand-to-hand a Combat Knife and my characters own fists and fighting capabilities.

Response to Your signature weapon 2012-09-02 14:26:35

At 9/2/12 01:03 PM, GuerrilleroHeroico wrote:
At 9/2/12 11:04 AM, RyanBustersword123 wrote: Duel wielding rocket launcher. That's my signature kill in Serious Sam and Duke Nukem. Other than that I'd go with Duel wielding 1911 Pistols.
Why don't you just beat them to death with a carrot?

Dafaq's that suppose to mean. You said your signature weapon is an axe and you even called it "Fast and elegant". Hell I think you'd be better off with a banana because I can handle a pistol and an AK-47 easily so I know what I'm talking about when I said "Duel wielding 1911 Pistols".