New Topic Respond to this Topic
ToxxicImpact
ToxxicImpact
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Need C# Programmer (Unity) Aug. 31st, 2012 @ 04:44 PM Reply

Ok so I am looking for a C# Programmer who is familiar with unity. The reason is because i am hoping to make an RPG game. I already have a basic story line, an animator/artist and a music composer. You will be working with a team of 5 (most likely). The team will be small and consist of the me (programmer/leader), a music composer, Animator, creative writer, and you (main Programmer). My role in this will be to help the main programmer and to help make each member's role to be known and set due dates for different scripts, animations or music to be completed. Any further questions about the game or about any of our members can be asked trough a private message.

urbn
urbn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Programmer
Response to Need C# Programmer (Unity) Aug. 31st, 2012 @ 07:14 PM Reply

What about price?

Also, do you have some concept art / tech demo or anything? More details on the project please.

BBS Signature
ToxxicImpact
ToxxicImpact
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Need C# Programmer (Unity) Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 01:20 AM Reply

About the price there would be no payment upfront but rather if we happen to make a good enough game to sell (not likely) that would be where there would be some kinda of payment and also of course you will be mentioned as the programmer for the game.

About the concept art/tech demos, as of yet everyone on the team is just getting practice and perfecting their skills until we get started although i have some music that has been somewhat completed that you can hear if you are interested in the joining. So in simple terms I don't have much i can show you, Sorry for the inconvenience.

Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Need C# Programmer (Unity) Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 05:27 AM Reply

So it's unpaid, well good luck with that.

urbn
urbn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Programmer
Response to Need C# Programmer (Unity) Sep. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:01 AM Reply

Unfortunately, if it unpaid; you're asking in the wrong place really.

Most people here aren't willing to stretch themselves with no pay, especially on a project that has virtually nothing as it is.

From reading your other posts, it doesn't sound like you have much experience, so I would advise you don't overstretch yourself this early with the idea of creating something as complex as an RPG.

The first game I ever made was a shitty terminal based text adventure with near enough yes no questions and a basic scoring system that gave you a rank at the end. I'd advise you start similarly (make a snake clone or something).

BBS Signature
ToxxicImpact
ToxxicImpact
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Need C# Programmer (Unity) Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 06:59 PM Reply

I have made some basic games and similar stuff like what you have said also i have seen many articles on why you need to start with smaller projects and (this may be self centered) I tend to not accept something until i try it.

WoogieNoogie
WoogieNoogie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Need C# Programmer (Unity) Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 10:42 PM Reply

The problem that you are going to run into here is expecting such large amounts of work from someone for free. C# is not easy to create. Even the simplest of programs can take MANY man-hours.

If you move forward into suggesting that the work will pay for itself, or that they can add it to their portfolio, you then run into the issue of: if they wanted work that paid for itself or a portfolio pieces, they would do it themselves. I don't think you're going to have good luck finding someone for this.

ToxxicImpact
ToxxicImpact
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Need C# Programmer (Unity) Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 01:04 AM Reply

Yeah, I understand this but i is still worth a try in my opinion. Anyway i was just hoping to find someone willing to help create a game for the fun of programming rather then for the pay (even i understand though if you are not willing to work because of a lack of pay because to be honesty money is kinda important) Either i may be reaching out too far but atleast i tried.

Diki
Diki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to Need C# Programmer (Unity) Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 01:13 AM Reply

At 9/20/12 01:04 AM, ToxxicImpact wrote: Yeah, I understand this but i is still worth a try in my opinion.

I disagree.
Anyone whom would be willing to perform such a large amount of work will probably be highly inexperience as to not realise what a daunting task creating a game is, and, as such, will do a very poor job.

I understand where you're coming from, but this is like requesting someone build you a car for free. Someone may eventually do it, but I certainly wouldn't trust it to be safely drivable.

pirateplatypus
pirateplatypus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Need C# Programmer (Unity) Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 01:20 AM Reply

I've got a bit of a curiosity about the project. Why is a 'leader' even needed? Surely the four others could make their own roles clear to each other and agree on deadlines.

"If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane." -Diki

Mownkey
Mownkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Need C# Programmer (Unity) Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 02:57 AM Reply

At 9/20/12 01:04 AM, ToxxicImpact wrote: Anyway i was just hoping to find someone willing to help create a game for the fun of programming rather then for the pay

You can't expect someone to make a game with you for nothing. Programming isn't fun, it's a serious job. If you don't include payments for the programmer, I doubt you'll find anyone interested.

Diki
Diki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to Need C# Programmer (Unity) Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 08:13 AM Reply

At 9/20/12 02:57 AM, Mownkey wrote: Programming isn't fun

I find programming to be fun (most of the time).

pirateplatypus
pirateplatypus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Need C# Programmer (Unity) Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 10:56 AM Reply

At 9/20/12 08:13 AM, Diki wrote:
At 9/20/12 02:57 AM, Mownkey wrote: Programming isn't fun
I find programming to be fun (most of the time).

I do to.

"If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane." -Diki

ToxxicImpact
ToxxicImpact
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Need C# Programmer (Unity) Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 10:44 PM Reply

In response to pirateplatypus: I think that a leader isnt neccacary but it is not bad to have around. Also I would be helping in anyway i can. This would include finding out information about anything you need (ok not everything but you get my point), setting up meetings and due dates, Programming and helping with revisions to the Code (if i can). I would be doing that sort of stuff while learning C# on the way. Also if it will take as long as people say it will then that will give me time to learn and help with the programming.

In response to Mownkey: As you see from the people above this reply programming is fun for some people. That would include me. I understand that at times it can get frustrating and annoying but in my eyes it is something i can do to pass time or even have fun. It might not be enjoyable to you but there are people out there who like thousands of different things that you may not which includes programming. Also just because it is a serious task/job it does not mean it cant be fun and enjoyable at the same time.