00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Art Thread Re-do

42,332 Views | 359 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 20:33:09

At 10/10/12 08:20 PM, Sockembop wrote: This is way oversimplified. It doesn't matter what you draw, so long as you are happy with it, provided you are drawing dicks. Lots and lots of dicks.

I actually improved my drawing skills a lot after drawing a plethora of dicks in junior high. It's one of the things that helped me develop my linework a lot.

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-11 00:40:27

I'm going to start re-drawing pictures to get back into the routine of drawing again. I haven't drawn something in ages. First, I want to get this mercenary girl picture done, so as soon as I am done with that, I am going to go through my gallery and redraw stuff just to do comparisons. First pic: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/hiryugouki/beautiful-day

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-11 17:49:59

All she ever wanted...was someone to love her...And now her heart be tainted with all her hate...To save her now, is folly, for 'tis too late.

My Art Thread Re-do

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-11 20:05:37

I think something that would help improve your artwork is line quality. Right now, your lines are kind of hairy. I'd say with anything you sketch, take the time to clean up your lines and give them some weight. That alone will make a huge difference and help establish depth.

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-11 20:27:50

At 10/11/12 08:05 PM, monsterparty wrote: I think something that would help improve your artwork is line quality. Right now, your lines are kind of hairy. I'd say with anything you sketch, take the time to clean up your lines and give them some weight. That alone will make a huge difference and help establish depth.

Would it help me in my line art in Photoshop?

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-13 14:06:30

Interface Design ROUND TWO

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-13 14:13:41

I dare say my shading is getting better...Now if only I could reduce the size of her head (I need a scanner so bad).

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-13 14:21:35

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-13 14:25:28

I added bewbs...Now you can TELL she's a woman...Cuz I'm baws like that.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-13 15:35:52

At 10/13/12 02:25 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I added bewbs...Now you can TELL she's a woman...Cuz I'm baws like that.

Okay it looks more clearer then the first, but all of the supposed shading or extra lines seem to make it distracting and busy,the line art at moment is kind of rough.

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-15 15:25:52

You're really lost. You've been fluttering around the forum forever not often listening to the advice people give you.

I'm well trained. PM me and I'll try to teach you how to improve as fast as possible- if you listen and study the basics, you should progress quickly.

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-17 07:13:14

Moar URT for you guys.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-17 07:14:21

Kyoot Kitteh

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-17 07:15:41

Some weapon designs

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-18 00:37:40

At 10/15/12 03:25 PM, lovingthedark wrote: You're really lost. You've been fluttering around the forum forever not often listening to the advice people give you.

I'm well trained. PM me and I'll try to teach you how to improve as fast as possible- if you listen and study the basics, you should progress quickly.

I never got around to thanking you for your offer, and I appreciate the gesture. If you want, I will be available for Skype chat at around Noon on Friday. If anyone wants to join in, or talk to me personally, my Skype name is

hiryu.gouki

But anyways...I made this awesome logo for my RPG!

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-18 13:02:02

Practice drawings! YAY!

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-20 15:04:50

Let me know what you think of this design:

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-20 16:09:55

At 10/20/12 03:04 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: Let me know what you think of this design:

Pretty detailed. Oh and her right hand - it may be a bit smaller than the other one though.

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-20 22:23:52

At 10/20/12 04:23 PM, Escalus wrote:
At 10/20/12 03:04 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: Let me know what you think of this design:
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/hiryugouki/zafina-of-ede n-iv?context=ratings:etm.user:2848299.scouted:.offset:10
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/hiryugouki/i-told-you-i-
would-improve?context=ratings:etma.user:2848299.scouted:.off set:8

Looks too much like your past work, just a different hair style and armor placement. And the whole, hand on hip pose is getting really, really tiring out of you. Use a different pose, because you stick to a 3/4 view A LOT.

That's a fair assessment. Right now, though, this is only a concept design. I am going to do a lot of drawings of this character over the next week or so, and expect a lot of monster designs too. I want to get to drawing her really well to the point where I can do it from memory, so I can put her in different poses.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-21 11:02:11

At 10/13/12 03:35 PM, argile wrote:
At 10/13/12 02:25 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I added bewbs...Now you can TELL she's a woman...Cuz I'm baws like that.
Okay it looks more clearer then the first, but all of the supposed shading or extra lines seem to make it distracting and busy,the line art at moment is kind of rough.

This is only a sketch, but I will definitely do something similar to this for Halloween, with cleaned up lines of course.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-21 11:22:10

I have a challenge for you all. Wait until my colored version of Gabriella's finalized design comes out for it, though. The challenge is to count how many times this symbol appears anywhere on Gabriella's armor, weapons, etc. First one to get it right gets a cool logo made out of their name. Let's have some fun with this thread, too, okay?

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-27 23:42:27

Something cool I threw together rather quickly. This is a health orb for my horror game Maya. Blue means you're just fine. Take one hit, and you go to green, Take another hit, you go to red. Take another hit, you go to black. Take one more hit after that, and you die. I am thinking about making a sprite sheet for this frame by frame to be used in the game, because I feel it fits the game rather nicely. Speaking of games, I have some new gauge design updates for my Sword of Yggdrasil HUD, and I have a sketch of the main character you will play as in Maya, Meredith ready to be used as art for the cover of the game.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-27 23:43:28

Preview of my character in color for Sword of Yggdrasil. She has a braid in the back, so her hair is actually much longer.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-27 23:45:16

Showin' off mah HUD gauges...

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-27 23:46:53

This is a much simpler logo than what I had originally planned, and personally, I think it looks a lot better because of its simplicity. What do you think?

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-28 00:25:47

At 10/27/12 11:46 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: This is a much simpler logo than what I had originally planned, and personally, I think it looks a lot better because of its simplicity. What do you think?

I would highly recommend changing the name to something pronounceable to the average person. But hey, that's just me.

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-28 10:21:19

At 10/28/12 12:25 AM, JackDGreatest wrote:
At 10/27/12 11:46 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: This is a much simpler logo than what I had originally planned, and personally, I think it looks a lot better because of its simplicity. What do you think?
I would highly recommend changing the name to something pronounceable to the average person. But hey, that's just me.

That would ruin the story though, since the sword is what the story is about anyway, so unfortunately I cannot do that.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-28 10:28:48

The sketch of Meredith. I am trying something new by doing more dynamic poses. Expect a lot more of her, and some more dynamic poses. Also, I am trying something new with expressions, something I am not all that good at, but in this case, I think it may have worked. I'm not sure. The expression I am trying to convey here is nervousness. Again, this is very new territory for me.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-28 10:34:44

For those who don't know how to pronounce the name of my game, you say it like this:

Sword of (yihg-dra-zihl)

It's quite simple really.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-02 14:23:34

There! I drew an expressive pose for once. Happy now? I bet you are.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature