DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-02 18:09:37 Reply

At 10/1/12 11:06 AM, IloveNantes wrote:
At 9/30/12 07:17 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: Sup?
That's a fucking DA smiley. Quit making gimmicky icons and actually focus on the bigger picture.

There. I have made the report, since you failed to comply with my request to remove the image in question from your sig, and I look forward to favorable results. In other my art related news, I will have a lineart piece finished by the end of tomorrow.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-02 18:18:54 Reply

At 10/2/12 06:09 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: There. I have made the report, since you failed to comply with my request to remove the image in question from your sig, and I look forward to favorable results. In other my art related news, I will have a lineart piece finished by the end of tomorrow.

Why did you post this here, and not as a PM?
Oh yeah, as a cheap way to bump your thread. Again.

Keep your bumps to stuff with new or updated pictures. This art thread gives the mods far too much grief to be kept alive, with your primadonna antics.

Don't reply to this post if you haven't got a sketch or something attached to it.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-02 18:43:51 Reply

Don't reply to this post if you haven't got a sketch or something attached to it.

Here's a sketch.

P.S. Do something about that pic of me in ILoveNantes' sig. I don't want it there; it's a violation of my privacy. I already asked once, but she failed to comply.

My Art Thread Re-do

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-02 22:41:15 Reply

A spaceship...Have fun.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-08 19:16:39 Reply

Well, I tried a new style of shading for the eyes, and am definitely going for thinner lines for this piece. This is a REALLY SMALL sample of what I have been at work doing for the last couple hours. Don't be surprised if I don't post something for Halloween (probably a photo-manipulation of some sort or something). Anyways, that's what I have so far.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 12:31:58 Reply

GOD DAMMIT RA NAE NAE!!! I SAID NOT TO DELETE MY POST!

Anyways, as I was saying: Would using a more simplistic art style demerit a serious story or not? I want to make some kind of serious story in the form of a novel first with some illustrations, but am kind of afraid that something too simplistic art wise would hurt the story. I'll post some sketches of what I mean later.

Mods, do not delete this post. This is relevant to my thread. I repeat, DO NOT DELETE THIS POST! Do. Not. Delete. This. Post. Period. I am simply asking a relevant question that needs answering from the people who follow my thread. DO NOT DELETE THIS POST.

BBS Signature
Nova-Solstice
Nova-Solstice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 12:48:04 Reply

At 10/10/12 12:31 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:

Mods, do not delete this post. This is relevant to my thread. I repeat, DO NOT DELETE THIS POST! Do. Not. Delete. This. Post. Period. I am simply asking a relevant question that needs answering from the people who follow my thread. DO NOT DELETE THIS POST.

How many mods do you sleep with to keep this bullshit going for so long?

(it is unfortunate that this comment helps keep your crap going though...)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 12:57:16 Reply

How many mods do you sleep with to keep this bullshit going for so long?

(it is unfortunate that this comment helps keep your crap going though...)

None...I am just asking a question and was wondering what everyone's opinion on the matter presented was. Nothing more, nothing less. There's no ulterior motive or anything.

BBS Signature
Nova-Solstice
Nova-Solstice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 13:30:25 Reply

At 10/10/12 12:57 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
None...I am just asking a question and was wondering what everyone's opinion on the matter presented was. Nothing more, nothing less. There's no ulterior motive or anything.

On the matter presented, a story is a story- if it's not something to be taken seriously then it won't be...

Granted however, people do tend to disregard a story if they see artwork they don't like, in the end, if you're not confident in your art then don't put any... simple as that.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 18:27:49 Reply

On the matter presented, a story is a story- if it's not something to be taken seriously then it won't be...

Granted however, people do tend to disregard a story if they see artwork they don't like, in the end, if you're not confident in your art then don't put any... simple as that.

So it shouldn't matter what I draw, so long as I am happy with it?

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 19:45:17 Reply

...Yes.

Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 20:20:32 Reply

At 10/10/12 07:45 PM, Lucky wrote:
...Yes.

This is way oversimplified. It doesn't matter what you draw, so long as you are happy with it, provided you are drawing dicks. Lots and lots of dicks.

BBS Signature
Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 20:33:09 Reply

At 10/10/12 08:20 PM, Sockembop wrote: This is way oversimplified. It doesn't matter what you draw, so long as you are happy with it, provided you are drawing dicks. Lots and lots of dicks.

I actually improved my drawing skills a lot after drawing a plethora of dicks in junior high. It's one of the things that helped me develop my linework a lot.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-11 00:40:27 Reply

I'm going to start re-drawing pictures to get back into the routine of drawing again. I haven't drawn something in ages. First, I want to get this mercenary girl picture done, so as soon as I am done with that, I am going to go through my gallery and redraw stuff just to do comparisons. First pic: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/hiryugouki/beautiful-day

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-11 17:49:59 Reply

All she ever wanted...was someone to love her...And now her heart be tainted with all her hate...To save her now, is folly, for 'tis too late.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-11 20:05:37 Reply

I think something that would help improve your artwork is line quality. Right now, your lines are kind of hairy. I'd say with anything you sketch, take the time to clean up your lines and give them some weight. That alone will make a huge difference and help establish depth.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-11 20:27:50 Reply

At 10/11/12 08:05 PM, monsterparty wrote: I think something that would help improve your artwork is line quality. Right now, your lines are kind of hairy. I'd say with anything you sketch, take the time to clean up your lines and give them some weight. That alone will make a huge difference and help establish depth.

Would it help me in my line art in Photoshop?

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-13 14:06:30 Reply

Interface Design ROUND TWO

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-13 14:13:41 Reply

I dare say my shading is getting better...Now if only I could reduce the size of her head (I need a scanner so bad).

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-13 14:21:35 Reply

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-13 14:25:28 Reply

I added bewbs...Now you can TELL she's a woman...Cuz I'm baws like that.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-13 15:35:52 Reply

At 10/13/12 02:25 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I added bewbs...Now you can TELL she's a woman...Cuz I'm baws like that.

Okay it looks more clearer then the first, but all of the supposed shading or extra lines seem to make it distracting and busy,the line art at moment is kind of rough.

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-15 15:25:52 Reply

You're really lost. You've been fluttering around the forum forever not often listening to the advice people give you.

I'm well trained. PM me and I'll try to teach you how to improve as fast as possible- if you listen and study the basics, you should progress quickly.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-17 07:13:14 Reply

Moar URT for you guys.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-17 07:14:21 Reply

Kyoot Kitteh

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-17 07:15:41 Reply

Some weapon designs

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-18 00:37:40 Reply

At 10/15/12 03:25 PM, lovingthedark wrote: You're really lost. You've been fluttering around the forum forever not often listening to the advice people give you.

I'm well trained. PM me and I'll try to teach you how to improve as fast as possible- if you listen and study the basics, you should progress quickly.

I never got around to thanking you for your offer, and I appreciate the gesture. If you want, I will be available for Skype chat at around Noon on Friday. If anyone wants to join in, or talk to me personally, my Skype name is

hiryu.gouki

But anyways...I made this awesome logo for my RPG!

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-18 13:02:02 Reply

Practice drawings! YAY!

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-20 15:04:50 Reply

Let me know what you think of this design:

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
Mownkey
Mownkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-20 16:09:55 Reply

At 10/20/12 03:04 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: Let me know what you think of this design:

Pretty detailed. Oh and her right hand - it may be a bit smaller than the other one though.