00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Art Thread Re-do

42,268 Views | 359 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-09-21 12:34:25

A logo I made...

My Art Thread Re-do

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-09-21 12:52:49

Better version...

My Art Thread Re-do

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-09-21 23:58:25

I really need help with this pose. Can someone please demonstrate the proper arm placement so I can redraw this? I am genuinely stumped here.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-09-22 21:00:05

Aww...Come on! No comments in 20 hours?!! This is ridiculous! Go ahead, Ra Nae, Nae...Do your worst...I await your wrath. However, allow me to show you this:

This piece is relatively old, from like 2 years ago.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-09-22 23:36:42

At 9/22/12 09:04 PM, Escalus wrote:
At 9/22/12 09:00 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: Aww...Come on! No comments in 20 hours?!! This is ridiculous! Go ahead, Ra Nae, Nae...Do your worst...I await your wrath. However, allow me to show you this:

This piece is relatively old, from like 2 years ago.
People's time doesn't revolve around you, they have things to do other than cater to you whenever you ask. It's called being patient.

I guess so...By the way, could you help me with that pose I posted earlier? I want to draw her holding the rifle, but it's becoming very convoluted and I am pretty much scrapping the drawing altogether.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-09-23 17:28:36

I am practicing more complex poses. Be sure to check the follow up post that will be coming probably tomorrow, due to time limitations. It may come tonight at the earliest, so just check it out later, and please comment, and if you can, PLEASE help find some decent references. My poses are a little...Complex, and hence, I can't find any good references on Google or anywhere. Thank you!

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-09-24 06:40:34

At 9/23/12 05:28 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I am practicing more complex poses. Be sure to check the follow up post that will be coming probably tomorrow, due to time limitations. It may come tonight at the earliest, so just check it out later, and please comment, and if you can, PLEASE help find some decent references. My poses are a little...Complex, and hence, I can't find any good references on Google or anywhere. Thank you!

Gimmie an hour or two and i'll be home where my bookmarks are and i'll let you in on my secret stash of sweet sweet reference.

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-09-24 07:11:18

Gimmie an hour or two and i'll be home where my bookmarks are and i'll let you in on my secret stash of sweet sweet reference.

Thanks a lot!

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-09-24 07:26:40

At 9/24/12 07:11 AM, HiryuGouki wrote:
Thanks a lot!

i've never seen you draw dudes but if you're gonna do that sometime
Fight photos, MMA, etc. mainly dudes
anatomy bible
anatomy bible 2
muscular dudes
lots of faces and some action poses mainly women
literally thousands of poses mostly women
Hands and how they work

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-09-27 19:49:00

At 9/21/12 11:58 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I really need help with this pose. Can someone please demonstrate the proper arm placement so I can redraw this? I am genuinely stumped

Flip the legs, as in put the left leg down and the right leg up.

* MY PERSPECTIVE.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-09-29 09:59:19

This is an awesome sketch!

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-09-29 10:00:55

This is what I have done fo far on this. The background will be finished soon.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-09-30 01:29:04

Sorry for the low quality. I had to make this under 15 KB.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-09-30 19:17:34

Sup?

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-01 11:06:40

At 9/30/12 07:17 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: Sup?

That's a fucking DA smiley. Quit making gimmicky icons and actually focus on the bigger picture.

be my fan... because.

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-01 13:08:37

At 10/1/12 11:06 AM, IloveNantes wrote:
That's a fucking DA smiley. Quit making gimmicky icons and actually focus on the bigger picture.

I will, I will. It's just that I am under a lot of stress right now, what with college and all that.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-01 14:47:44

At 10/1/12 01:08 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I will, I will. It's just that I am under a lot of stress right now, what with college and all that.

No-one's WAITING for your thread to bump nor do you HAVE to keep it alive with pointless stuff. It'll stay on page 1 for quite a while. Just upload something when you feel it's worthwhile.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-01 23:48:48

I will, I will. It's just that I am under a lot of stress right now, what with college and all that.
No-one's WAITING for your thread to bump nor do you HAVE to keep it alive with pointless stuff. It'll stay on page 1 for quite a while. Just upload something when you feel it's worthwhile.

Alright; I will keep that in mind. Thank you.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-02 18:09:37

At 10/1/12 11:06 AM, IloveNantes wrote:

There. I have made the report, since you failed to comply with my request to remove the image in question from your sig, and I look forward to favorable results. In other my art related news, I will have a lineart piece finished by the end of tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-02 18:18:54

At 10/2/12 06:09 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: There. I have made the report, since you failed to comply with my request to remove the image in question from your sig, and I look forward to favorable results. In other my art related news, I will have a lineart piece finished by the end of tomorrow.

Why did you post this here, and not as a PM?
Oh yeah, as a cheap way to bump your thread. Again.

Keep your bumps to stuff with new or updated pictures. This art thread gives the mods far too much grief to be kept alive, with your primadonna antics.

Don't reply to this post if you haven't got a sketch or something attached to it.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-02 18:43:51

Don't reply to this post if you haven't got a sketch or something attached to it.

Here's a sketch.

P.S. Do something about that pic of me in ILoveNantes' sig. I don't want it there; it's a violation of my privacy. I already asked once, but she failed to comply.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-02 22:41:15

A spaceship...Have fun.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-08 19:16:39

Well, I tried a new style of shading for the eyes, and am definitely going for thinner lines for this piece. This is a REALLY SMALL sample of what I have been at work doing for the last couple hours. Don't be surprised if I don't post something for Halloween (probably a photo-manipulation of some sort or something). Anyways, that's what I have so far.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 12:31:58

GOD DAMMIT RA NAE NAE!!! I SAID NOT TO DELETE MY POST!

Anyways, as I was saying: Would using a more simplistic art style demerit a serious story or not? I want to make some kind of serious story in the form of a novel first with some illustrations, but am kind of afraid that something too simplistic art wise would hurt the story. I'll post some sketches of what I mean later.

Mods, do not delete this post. This is relevant to my thread. I repeat, DO NOT DELETE THIS POST! Do. Not. Delete. This. Post. Period. I am simply asking a relevant question that needs answering from the people who follow my thread. DO NOT DELETE THIS POST.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 12:48:04

At 10/10/12 12:31 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:

Mods, do not delete this post. This is relevant to my thread. I repeat, DO NOT DELETE THIS POST! Do. Not. Delete. This. Post. Period. I am simply asking a relevant question that needs answering from the people who follow my thread. DO NOT DELETE THIS POST.

How many mods do you sleep with to keep this bullshit going for so long?

(it is unfortunate that this comment helps keep your crap going though...)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 12:57:16

How many mods do you sleep with to keep this bullshit going for so long?

(it is unfortunate that this comment helps keep your crap going though...)

None...I am just asking a question and was wondering what everyone's opinion on the matter presented was. Nothing more, nothing less. There's no ulterior motive or anything.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 13:30:25

At 10/10/12 12:57 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
None...I am just asking a question and was wondering what everyone's opinion on the matter presented was. Nothing more, nothing less. There's no ulterior motive or anything.

On the matter presented, a story is a story- if it's not something to be taken seriously then it won't be...

Granted however, people do tend to disregard a story if they see artwork they don't like, in the end, if you're not confident in your art then don't put any... simple as that.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 18:27:49

On the matter presented, a story is a story- if it's not something to be taken seriously then it won't be...

Granted however, people do tend to disregard a story if they see artwork they don't like, in the end, if you're not confident in your art then don't put any... simple as that.

So it shouldn't matter what I draw, so long as I am happy with it?

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 19:45:17

...Yes.

Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-10-10 20:20:32

At 10/10/12 07:45 PM, Lucky wrote:
...Yes.

This is way oversimplified. It doesn't matter what you draw, so long as you are happy with it, provided you are drawing dicks. Lots and lots of dicks.

BBS Signature