DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 16th, 2012 @ 10:36 PM Reply

Perspective exercise.

My Art Thread Re-do

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 08:12 AM Reply

It seems like Lulzy Artist wants to make a video about me, even though I feel I have been at least 100% agreeable over the last couple of days. First off, I did NOT blow him off, I even told him I would check out the website he linked me to. Second, he viciously attacks me after having only one complaint about the amount of READING I had to do (which I ended up doing anyway, btw, even though I don't remember anything about it). What an asshole. Guys, don't be like Lulzy-Artist.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 08:17 AM Reply

This is actually a very old dynamic pose from earlier this year I drew. I think this was done sometime in...March?

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 08:19 AM Reply

Oh, and before I forget, this week is figure drawing week, which means I will probably post nothing but figure drawing, and posing practice sketches this whole week, simply so I can get better at drawing people. Next week, I will switch back to see if I have improved any, and continue switching back forth every week.

BBS Signature
TheLulzyArtist
TheLulzyArtist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 09:17 AM Reply

At 9/17/12 08:12 AM, HiryuGouki wrote: It seems like Lulzy Artist wants to make a video about me, even though I feel I have been at least 100% agreeable over the last couple of days. First off, I did NOT blow him off, I even told him I would check out the website he linked me to. Second, he viciously attacks me after having only one complaint about the amount of READING I had to do (which I ended up doing anyway, btw, even though I don't remember anything about it). What an asshole. Guys, don't be like Lulzy-Artist.

Viciously attacked you? Well I would tell people what you sent to me via PM but that would break the rules of bringing a private conversation public. If you want to talk this over my skype is on my profile page because you might be able to convince me to not put you in the video. I'm in class at the moment and I'll be available to speak with you in a few hours, and you need to have a mic because this is an exchange of words, not text because I know you hate reading so much. Hope to speak with you soon.

Also because this is an Art Forums I'll say something to actually make my post here relevant to the topic. When people say "draw from life" that doesn't mean only draw what you see like a still life or something. Because you are not drawing from live, that is the reason your some of your poses don't make any sense. I must have a heart of gold because I'm still somehow helping you out.

"In Lulz We Trust"

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 10:47 AM Reply

Viciously attacked you? Well I would tell people what you sent to me via PM but that would break the rules of bringing a private conversation public. If you want to talk this over my skype is on my profile page because you might be able to convince me to not put you in the video. I'm in class at the moment and I'll be available to speak with you in a few hours, and you need to have a mic because this is an exchange of words, not text because I know you hate reading so much. Hope to speak with you soon.

Also because this is an Art Forums I'll say something to actually make my post here relevant to the topic. When people say "draw from life" that doesn't mean only draw what you see like a still life or something. Because you are not drawing from live, that is the reason your some of your poses don't make any sense. I must have a heart of gold because I'm still somehow helping you out.

You have to realize that I am under a lot of stress at home as well as school. So, that eats up a lot of my time. Even so, I still manage to find the patience and time to draw, as well as try and improve. Have you not been seeing the drills I have posted, particularly my perspective drills? I agree that I should be using references, drawing figures and practicing, and I will. I have already developed a plan to do that much at least, and I expect you to respect my artistic decisions. I am trying to be the least combative out of the both of us, but you keep insisting on pushing my buttons. I will chat with you over Skype if you feel that it is necessary. Hell, I'll even show you some of my pictures I have drawn recently that no one's seen yet just to prove that I do practice if I have to.

And I know I haven't been the most agreeable person here, but I at least deserve some respect for my "Actually Trying" to become a better artist. Doing realism is one of those things that I am very uncomfortable with, yet here I am, proclaiming that I need to pursue it. That deserves some respect, right?

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 12:19 PM Reply

Lighting Practice on my amazon warrior.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 12:25 PM Reply

Found an error already. There is a lack of curvature in the spine area, which I have already taken the liberty of correcting.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
Mownkey
Mownkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 01:44 PM Reply

At 9/16/12 07:16 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I think I will post some realism sketches sometime later this week. In the meantime, take a look at this basilisk I drew, and as always, let me know what you think.

Hey I like this one, but the tongue looks more like a fork.

Jester
Jester
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 04:04 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 12:25 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: Found an error already. There is a lack of curvature in the spine area, which I have already taken the liberty of correcting.

Left hand's a little wonky, that'd be a really awkward and uncomfortable way to hold an axe.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 05:02 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 04:04 PM, Jester wrote:
At 9/17/12 12:25 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: Found an error already. There is a lack of curvature in the spine area, which I have already taken the liberty of correcting.
Left hand's a little wonky, that'd be a really awkward and uncomfortable way to hold an axe.

I'll actually revisit this one, after I learn how to draw hands better. I am working on a better way to construct them.

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 12:25 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: Found an error already.

oh hey me too

Oh, and before I forget, this week is figure drawing week, which means I will probably post nothing but figure drawing,

I'll believe it when I see it

My Art Thread Re-do

Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 05:20 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 05:19 PM, Lucky wrote:
oh hey me too

What he showed...

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 05:21 PM Reply

oh hey me too

Oh, and before I forget, this week is figure drawing week, which means I will probably post nothing but figure drawing,
I'll believe it when I see it

Alright. thanks for the correction tips!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 05:20 PM, Sockembop wrote:
oh hey me too
What he showed...

So, lower the RIGHT shoulder, then raise the LEFT shoulder, flip the direction of the hand on the LEFT shoulder, and add more curvature to the spine, and balance the overall pose. Got it. I will definitely be revisiting this as soon as possible. First, though, I want to try and draw some arms and possible ways to construct them. But thanks for the tips, and I will be revisiting this piece very soon!

BBS Signature
Kostou
Kostou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 05:57 PM Reply

I think everyone has given awesome advice.

Here's my two cents. None of these recommendations are necessarily correct or must be taken! I'm sure you did things the way you did for reasons I do not know. So, please don't take this too seriously.

Hope it helps!

My Art Thread Re-do

Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 06:18 PM Reply

I'd like to give some tips on shading, with light it's more methodical and being that you're a "visual learner" hears a template.

You seem to think light is hitting points individually such as casting a shadow that can be repeated on cylindrical parts, but in reality light will become gradually darker and lighter depending on where you put it.

There is no "wrong" shading, just awkward choices.

just some messy crosshatching to help illustrate change.

My Art Thread Re-do

3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 06:36 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 06:18 PM, Absinthe wrote: I'd like to give some tips on shading, with light it's more methodical and being that you're a "visual learner" hears a template.

You seem to think light is hitting points individually such as casting a shadow that can be repeated on cylindrical parts, but in reality light will become gradually darker and lighter depending on where you put it.

There is no "wrong" shading, just awkward choices.

just some messy crosshatching to help illustrate change.

Alright, cool, cool! Thanks again, as always! I will definitely use this to my advantage. I am actually re-drawing this right now, so everyone's examples are really helping me out on this one.

BBS Signature
Kostou
Kostou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 09:31 PM Reply

hey, glad we could help, even if a little bit! If you would like me to do something like that in the future you can just pm! Best of luck.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 09:42 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 09:31 PM, Kostou wrote: hey, glad we could help, even if a little bit! If you would like me to do something like that in the future you can just pm! Best of luck.

I may just take you up on that! ; )

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 01:15 AM Reply

At 9/13/12 04:00 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: An HUD design. I would appreciate critique on my overall designs if possible. That would be very helpful!

That looks pretty cool, i'd like to see it a bit simplified though.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 01:21 AM Reply

At 9/18/12 01:15 AM, TheMajormel wrote:
At 9/13/12 04:00 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: An HUD design. I would appreciate critique on my overall designs if possible. That would be very helpful!
That looks pretty cool, i'd like to see it a bit simplified though.

Well, I have a set of mechanics that require the amount of gauges you see. Though, I could just reduce it to having a Health, Guard and an All-Purpose Super Meter, including for Revenge Attacks when it fills to 200%.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 01:24 AM Reply

Well, I have a set of mechanics that require the amount of gauges you see. Though, I could just reduce it to having a Health, Guard and an All-Purpose Super Meter, including for Revenge Attacks when it fills to 200%.

Also, I was thinking of having things like:
Parrying
Snapbacks
A Six Button Fighting System
Barriers
Bursts
Escapes
Revenge Attacks
Counter Focus

And some other mechanics.

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 03:22 AM Reply

At 9/18/12 01:24 AM, HiryuGouki wrote:

Still, as a player i really don't see the point of having a guard gauge. Maybe it's have to be visonary on the player model or a sound effect. but its your game.

Parrying

I get to do this?

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 08:51 AM Reply

Parrying
I get to do this?

Not quite. It would be a Makoto Nanaya style parry, similar to the focus attack from SFIV, but allows you to stun the opponent at the cost of 25% of your super gauge. If it misses, it doesn't cost anything, but if you nail it, it not only stuns your opponent, but affords you a counter attack.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 09:11 AM Reply

It's amazing how far a few critiques and corrections can improve a piece. Except...I had to re-do this one. So, I took Lucky's suggestion and turned her head, gave her more curvature in her spine, moved her hands on the ax to where they make sense and so on. Even though it is stylized, I think many improvements have been made, and I will keep practicing poses like this throughout the week. Thanks for your help everyone, I couldn't have done it without ya.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 02:19 PM Reply

Someone help me find the finger formation...I took a close up of this on Photoshop, and I was absolutely confused...Should I like make the hands bigger or something?

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 02:20 PM Reply

At 9/18/12 02:19 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: Someone help me find the finger formation...I took a close up of this on Photoshop, and I was absolutely confused...Should I like make the hands bigger or something?

I kinda like her expression though. It's almost like she's yelling "come at me, bro".

BBS Signature
Mownkey
Mownkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 02:43 PM Reply

At 9/18/12 02:19 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: Someone help me find the finger formation...I took a close up of this on Photoshop, and I was absolutely confused...Should I like make the hands bigger or something?

This one is flawless. Good job!

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 9/18/12 02:43 PM, Mownkey wrote:
This one is flawless. Good job!

You sure you can't find a flaw in there somewhere? I personally am having a hard time finding where I should draw the fingers in the line art, but I am pretty sure that if I darken it a little in Photoshop, it will make the fingers easier to find.

BBS Signature