New Topic Respond to this Topic
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 12:42 PM Reply

You see how mixed my new style is, right?
Not really.

You mean you're blind to the super-exaggerated proportions? You know, that whole thing cartoons do?

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 12:58 PM Reply

I was complimenting the fact you're working on it, not the drawings themselves yet. Speaking of, more of those, less of the chatting.

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 04:48 PM Reply

At 9/1/12 12:42 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: You mean you're blind to the super-exaggerated proportions? You know, that whole thing cartoons do?

Holy shit, Hiryu is the biggest troll this forum has ever seen.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 05:51 PM Reply

You mean you're blind to the super-exaggerated proportions? You know, that whole thing cartoons do?
You haven't posted anything new after you told Test-Object that you're working on a new mixed style, so no.

You sure?

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 05:52 PM Reply

Holy shit, Hiryu is the biggest troll this forum has ever seen.

I was just making a point. No need to pull the "troll" card.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 05:55 PM Reply

You know what? EVERYBODY just stop chatting until I post some new pics. I don't want this thing to turn into a big fight again. Let's just all STFU and comment on any new pics I post. That's the new rule. ONLY talk about the new stuff I post on here. That way, arguments are avoided, and everybody's happy.

BBS Signature
Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 06:04 PM Reply

At 9/1/12 05:55 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: You know what? EVERYBODY just stop chatting until I post some new pics. I don't want this thing to turn into a big fight again. Let's just all STFU and comment on any new pics I post. That's the new rule. ONLY talk about the new stuff I post on here. That way, arguments are avoided, and everybody's happy.

You don't make the rules, and I'm insulted you called me a douche when I humbly asked you to do something for me.

3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 06:15 PM Reply

At 9/1/12 06:04 PM, Absinthe wrote: You don't make the rules, and I'm insulted you called me a douche when I humbly asked you to do something for me.

You know what? Hyriu's right for a change. Shut up and let him post his bland anime in his art thread. I'm fully aware I'm playing devil's advocate here, but if you believe HiryuGouki won't listen to your criticism, simply refrain from commenting. We're just beating a dead horse now.

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 06:43 PM Reply

At 9/1/12 06:15 PM, test-object wrote: You know what? Hyriu's right for a change. Shut up and let him post his bland anime in his art thread. I'm fully aware I'm playing devil's advocate here, but if you believe HiryuGouki won't listen to your criticism, simply refrain from commenting. We're just beating a dead horse now.

indeed, no need for flame wars today, it is simply not worth the effort, or time to commit to such things.

But also, HiryuGouki, take heed of these men's wisdom, their knowledge will help you grow to new levels of standard, rejecting it will handicap you.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 9/1/12 06:15 PM, test-object wrote: stuff

I agree. I think this ridiculousness has gone on long enough.

There are a LOT of other users here that are looking for honest critiques and feedback (of ANY kind) ...people that are willing to listen and put your words of wisdom to good use. I suggest we all direct our efforts towards those individuals and, as per his request, leave Hiryu to his own devices.

Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 08:02 PM Reply

Construct your characters out of basic forms, then once you're happy with the pose, slap on a meat suit. There's a couple of others things that don't look good in your image but I'm short on time so just look at the sketch and pick out whatever helps you and always, always use reference.

My Art Thread Re-do

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 08:50 PM Reply

At 9/1/12 08:02 PM, Mabelma wrote: Construct your characters out of basic forms, then once you're happy with the pose, slap on a meat suit. There's a couple of others things that don't look good in your image but I'm short on time so just look at the sketch and pick out whatever helps you and always, always use reference.

Thanks for pointing that out. Anyways, yeah, I did do all that, but instead, I used a wire instead. I know what my shapes look like, I just draw a wire first and THEN put all of the pieces on. But yeah, you're right. My method of construction is WAY off. And yeah, references are good, and I appreciate you bringing that up, considering I didn't have any. And as always, I look forward to your feedback.

See? THAT'S how you give me feedback. Just tell me what I can do to do better on the next piece. That's all I want. What can I do better NEXT time? Is that so hard?

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:06 AM Reply

The hell? Here I was expecting comments...oh well.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:19 PM Reply

Dynamic Pose Practice

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:37 PM Reply

At 9/2/12 02:19 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: Dynamic Pose Practice

Right leg looks broken at the knee. And the left leg is tiny compared to the right one.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 9/2/12 02:37 PM, Mabelma wrote:
Right leg looks broken at the knee. And the left leg is tiny compared to the right one.

Thanks for pointing that out. One thing...You sure it looks broken? I happened to look at a reference of a bent leg and that's what I got.

BBS Signature
BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:09 PM Reply

I agree with Mabelma, It looks broken. Shouldn't be too hard to fix though.

ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:20 PM Reply

At 9/2/12 02:50 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out. One thing...You sure it looks broken? I happened to look at a reference of a bent leg and that's what I got.

A neat little trick to do that I highly recommend when using a reference is that after you have drawn it, overlay the reference on top (either via trace or photoshop transparency) to see how close you were. It really makes you realise sometimes how off your eyes were to the real thing.

Ludic
Ludic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:50 PM Reply

At 9/2/12 03:20 PM, ornery wrote:

A neat little trick to do that I highly recommend when using a reference is that after you have drawn it, overlay the reference on top (either via trace or photoshop transparency) to see how close you were. It really makes you realise sometimes how off your eyes were to the real thing.

Agreed! And if you're too lazy for that, hold yer drawing up next to your reference and flick your eyes between them really fast and you'll see a kind of "wobble" which will show you what's off.

Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:25 PM Reply

At 9/2/12 02:50 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:

Yep buddy, that's like 5 to 1, it looks broken ;) in all seriousness though, I think the way it bends to the left is too abrupt, try making it more subtle, that way it won't look broken. The hands mess me up, I know they're wrong but I just can't seem to put my finger on exactly what's wrong with them, if I get some time I might help you out by draw over.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:44 PM Reply

I never thought of it that way. I'll be sure to do that sometime, but for the poses I want to do, there seems to be no references available, which kinda sucks. But, either way, I will give it a shot. Thanks for the idea! : )

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:46 PM Reply

The hands mess me up, I know they're wrong but I just can't seem to put my finger on exactly what's wrong with them, if I get some time I might help you out by draw over.

Alright, but please hurry on that. I'm taking a break from Nautilus for a little bit (about a couple days) to draw trendy women in cartoon style.

BBS Signature
Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 05:04 PM Reply

At 9/2/12 04:46 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
The hands mess me up, I know they're wrong but I just can't seem to put my finger on exactly what's wrong with them, if I get some time I might help you out by draw over.
Alright, but please hurry on that. I'm taking a break from Nautilus for a little bit (about a couple days) to draw trendy women in cartoon style.

Don't hurry me mate! It's not an obligation for me to help you, if I do help you I'll do it on my own time, same as everyone else, you are no one's priority. Now shut up and drop the cartoon stuff, you want to improve here you go, http://lovecastle.org/draw/ check the boxes you want (I suggest you check the "females-nudes" box) and draw. Draw exactly what you see! No stylizing, no cartoon, nothing, draw exactly what you see. You need to learn the rules before you break them.

ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 05:55 PM Reply

At 9/2/12 04:44 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
I never thought of it that way. I'll be sure to do that sometime, but for the poses I want to do, there seems to be no references available, which kinda sucks. But, either way, I will give it a shot. Thanks for the idea! : )

There are plenty of places to find references for poses, look hard enough and you will come across them.
http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/stockart/model/
http://www.artsyposes.com/
http://www.posespace.com/
http://lovecastle.org/draw/
http://www.posemaniacs.com/
to name a few

Also google image works great if you use it properly. If you looked hard and still weren't able to find a pose that suited you you might be too picky or maybe your pose is anatomically impossible. So far none of the poses I have seen from you so far would be terribly difficult to find.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:49 PM Reply

There are plenty of places to find references for poses, look hard enough and you will come across them.
http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/stockart/model/
http://www.artsyposes.com/
http://www.posespace.com/
http://lovecastle.org/draw/
http://www.posemaniacs.com/
to name a few

Also google image works great if you use it properly. If you looked hard and still weren't able to find a pose that suited you you might be too picky or maybe your pose is anatomically impossible. So far none of the poses I have seen from you so far would be terribly difficult to find.

Thank you for your help! Now I have a ton of tools! Thanks again, Ornery! Thanks all! Oh, and what do my next two sketches have in common? Let's see if anyone guesses this one correctly.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:50 PM Reply

1/2

A futuristic car without wheels.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:53 PM Reply

2/2 The subject of the next piece. I wanted to try a real life fashion design this time. The clothes are very similar to a real life photo I found on Tumblr. The original model was a South Korean beauty wearing a navy blue and white outfit of very similar nature. For this one, however, I was thinking of a different color scheme. Maybe light green and white. I dunno. What color scheme do you think would do well? Let me know, so I can ready my color palette.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:34 AM Reply

Now shut up and drop the cartoon stuff, you want to improve here you go, http://lovecastle.org/draw/ check the boxes you want (I suggest you check the "females-nudes" box) and draw. Draw exactly what you see! No stylizing, no cartoon, nothing, draw exactly what you see. You need to learn the rules before you break them.

I already know most of the rules though, but thanks for the link. I'll be sure to use it.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:00 AM Reply

I already know most of the rules though, but thanks for the link. I'll be sure to use it.

You know what? That was stupid...Let me say this: My main area of struggling is poses. So, the more I practice them, diagram them and study them, regardless of style, I am sure I will get tons better at this. That comment was just retarded...I don't even know why I said that.

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Sep. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:36 AM Reply

At 9/3/12 09:00 AM, HiryuGouki wrote:
You know what? That was stupid...Let me say this: My main area of struggling is poses. So, the more I practice them, diagram them and study them, regardless of style, I am sure I will get tons better at this.

I haven't read all of this or your other threads so this may have been said before but: I understand that you're not interested in pursuing realism with your drawings, you've used style as an excuse a couple of times which really is fine with me. By all counts you should draw what YOU want to draw, not what other poeple tell you to. HOWEVER; if you struggle with poses it will do you good to study anatomy, real anatomy that is. Even if your goal isn't to draw anatomy studies, they will help you understand how the body works and thus how certain poses do/don't work. In addition to the stricter anatomy exercises doing gesture drawings will help with that too.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature