New Topic Respond to this Topic
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-15 20:43:40 Reply

I am hoping this perspective is correct. This is just a sort of plan from a perspective standpoint. I didn't include the knight because I want to paint him first before I work on the background. For him, I know the light source is going to be the opposite of the archer, and since I can't paint him while he's facing right, it's going to be one hell of a mind game (my brain does not like working with things facing right, so I will have to end up flipping the image).

My Art Thread Re-do

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-15 20:54:59 Reply

At 11/15/12 08:43 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I am hoping this perspective is correct. This is just a sort of plan from a perspective standpoint. I didn't include the knight because I want to paint him first before I work on the background. For him, I know the light source is going to be the opposite of the archer, and since I can't paint him while he's facing right, it's going to be one hell of a mind game (my brain does not like working with things facing right, so I will have to end up flipping the image).

As for the monsters, I was thinking more along the lines of shadows and golems, since those can take more of a human form, something I am quite used to, and I think it would be a fun way to experiment, considering shadows in an Odin Sphere kind of sense are made up of a solid gas substance (video game logic, everybody). I would use the same accidentally discovered technique for clouds and mix it with some hand drawn and painted elements. Or, I could just draw a bunch of these:

My Art Thread Re-do

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-15 21:50:46 Reply

Perspective Fix..

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-15 23:48:47 Reply

At 11/15/12 09:50 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: Perspective Fix..

Quit being anal about everything. This scene should just be done free hand because as it stands now she's not in-sync with the environment. She like many of your other sexist females looks like a stickers, and before you ask "what would you do?" I would have drawn the character in the environment at the same time and not copy-pasted her like some worthless sticker.

Grandpa Absinthe is going to have to show this young whippersnapper the right way of doing things.

3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535 So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-18 00:37:31 Reply

At 11/15/12 11:48 PM, Absinthe wrote:
Quit being anal about everything. This scene should just be done free hand because as it stands now she's not in-sync with the environment. She like many of your other sexist females looks like a stickers, and before you ask "what would you do?" I would have drawn the character in the environment at the same time and not copy-pasted her like some worthless sticker.

Grandpa Absinthe is going to have to show this young whippersnapper the right way of doing things.

You take back the sexist females comment right now! I am by NO MEANS a sexist! Shame on you! SHAME!

Anyways, you're right. I think I will just draw the background in the same drawing she is in. I will have to cut out the knight, do the lineart, color him and flip him around because, like I said my brain doesn't do drawing right-facing characters easily.

BBS Signature
Kumakun4
Kumakun4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-18 03:04:20 Reply

At 11/18/12 12:37 AM, HiryuGouki wrote: Anyways, you're right. I think I will just draw the background in the same drawing she is in. I will have to cut out the knight, do the lineart, color him and flip him around because, like I said my brain doesn't do drawing right-facing characters easily.

I don't really see the perspective, to be honest. The reason why this angry dude is telling you that she looks like a sticker is probably because you drew her as if the view angle was parallel to the ground, while you made the background at an angle.

You should technically be able to see the top of her head, her face should be at angle, her shoulders should be slanted, and her feet should be more diagonally apart.... if that makes any sense.

I'd love to give you a visual reference but I haven't installed Photoshop on my laptop yet. Suffice to say, she's not drawn at an angle. Just google "How to draw characters with perspective" and you'll probably get a slew of results. What you're specifically looking for is Bird's Eye View, or High Angle as it's called in cinema, I believe.

The rest is just practice.

BBS Signature
Kumakun4
Kumakun4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-18 03:10:52 Reply

Also, I don't think your girls are sexist, just very cliché.

Y'know. The attractive, long-haired, hour-glass-shaped babe defined as being sexy by social standard.

Which isn't a bad thing, mind you. It's not everyone that can pull off the tomboy, sporty or skinny look flawlessly. Again, it's the kind of thing that comes with practice, the kind of thing you can only pick up after drawing a countless number of models, both nude and dressed, at a variety of angles with a variety of body shapes.

BBS Signature
bigCman321
bigCman321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-18 03:14:54 Reply

Honestly not sure why you're putting her over into a big background. First of all that background is going to be hell for to color and second of all it isn't helping your composition. I think you should continue to focus on drawing lone figures before you start trying to stick them into big backgrounds.

If you're going to have a background I suggest doing the character and background at the same time.

Also, I can tell you have improved. Keep it up.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-19 22:46:19 Reply

At 11/18/12 03:14 AM, bigCman321 wrote:
Honestly not sure why you're putting her over into a big background. First of all that background is going to be hell for to color and second of all it isn't helping your composition. I think you should continue to focus on drawing lone figures before you start trying to stick them into big backgrounds.

If you're going to have a background I suggest doing the character and background at the same time.

Also, I can tell you have improved. Keep it up.

Thanks man. I am working on a new style, which I will start drawing again after this painting is done. I'll be sure to draw the characters and backgrounds in the same picture as soon as I get a scanner. If I had that, the rest would be easy as pie, but due to my circumstances...Yeah you get the idea.

BBS Signature
ColonelMagus
ColonelMagus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Voice Actor
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-19 22:56:48 Reply

Wow! The character with the mask, several arms and big mouth reminded me so much of No-Face when he grows really big.

Like here: No-Face

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-19 23:11:10 Reply

At 11/19/12 10:56 PM, ColonelMagus wrote: Wow! The character with the mask, several arms and big mouth reminded me so much of No-Face when he grows really big.

He was kinda the inspiration behind it, you know.

BBS Signature
ColonelMagus
ColonelMagus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Voice Actor
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-19 23:22:46 Reply

At 11/19/12 11:11 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
At 11/19/12 10:56 PM, ColonelMagus wrote: Wow! The character with the mask, several arms and big mouth reminded me so much of No-Face when he grows really big.

He was kinda the inspiration behind it, you know.

Awesome xD Yeah, makes sense

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-22 22:31:50 Reply

The archer is in here, but I am working on the golem. I have been very very busy, so not much has been done. Sorry about that.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-22 22:33:31 Reply

Maybe I should do what I am doing for the golem to the archer...

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-22 22:34:35 Reply

You know what? That's EXACTLY what I am going to do.

BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-22 23:20:49 Reply

At 11/22/12 10:34 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: You know what? That's EXACTLY what I am going to do.

FUCKING AWESOME, BRO.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-23 22:25:52 Reply

Character Concept. Girl trainer, Fuuka (a.k.a; Tabetha).

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-23 22:28:46 Reply

Fuuka and Starly (Pokemon on her head), Mankey (Pokemon on her arm), and Wooper (Pokemon walking by), walking along one of the many routes in her region. That Mankey is a cheeky lil' fella ain't he?

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-23 23:23:34 Reply

Perhaps this is a better example of proper planning...

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-25 23:20:37 Reply

Welp...At least I still have this thread...

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-28 16:01:04 Reply

Logo designs! YAY!

This is for my Persona story...Which is going to be awesome (I hope).

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature