New Topic Respond to this Topic
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-13 16:51:57 Reply

At 11/13/12 11:53 AM, HiryuGouki wrote: Why do you all just absolutely hate me? If there's anything I could do to change, what would it be?

It's because you're someone who never contributes anything useful in our community, yet actually thinks and acts like someone absolutely important. I hate you for asking me for advice and then deliberately disobeying what I just told you. You're incompetent, you never learn, and worst of all you have an ego big enough for the Art Forum to hold a tea party in. You're a stuck-up kid who thinks everything he makes is great! But in reality it's something that a 15 year old would draw.

I actually genuinely wanted to help you the first time, but you were to concerned with how right you are to listen to the advice you asked for. Plus, I don't want you commenting on other people's threads, giving "advice". You have no right to that, considering that you disrespected everyone by being such a self-righteous, ego-centric delusional manchild.

I think everyone's lives in the forum would be better if you either changed or leaved forever, Guess which will come first?

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-13 16:52:07 Reply

I think this turned out pretty well! If my shading keeps going in this direction, this is going to be one hell of a piece (at least, to me anyways)!

My Art Thread Re-do

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-13 16:53:52 Reply

Keep the peace.

The hair looks alright. Good job. Proud of u.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-13 18:59:13 Reply

At 11/13/12 04:52 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I think this turned out pretty well! If my shading keeps going in this direction, this is going to be one hell of a piece (at least, to me anyways)!

Alright here's a tip on the hair thing. For long hair generally speaking the top layer of hair all comes from the top of the scalp from the hair line. The way you texture the hair makes it look like it just starts out of nowhere. Make the strands start at the hair line instead of just drawing lines that go to the top of the head.

yellow line = hairline.

My Art Thread Re-do

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-13 19:29:00 Reply

At 11/13/12 06:59 PM, JackDGreatest wrote:
At 11/13/12 04:52 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I think this turned out pretty well! If my shading keeps going in this direction, this is going to be one hell of a piece (at least, to me anyways)!
Alright here's a tip on the hair thing. For long hair generally speaking the top layer of hair all comes from the top of the scalp from the hair line. The way you texture the hair makes it look like it just starts out of nowhere. Make the strands start at the hair line instead of just drawing lines that go to the top of the head.

yellow line = hairline.

SON OF A BITCH!!! Now I have to redo all the shading! Oh well...Thanks for your help! I really wish I would have caught that sooner!

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-13 20:30:13 Reply

I am almost done with her skin, after which will be the clothes. Also, I redirected the hair detailing, as JackDaGreatest pointed, so thanks so much for that. Really appreciate the favor on that one!

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
TheLulzyArtist
TheLulzyArtist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-13 21:52:49 Reply

At 11/13/12 08:30 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I am almost done with her skin, after which will be the clothes. Also, I redirected the hair detailing, as JackDaGreatest pointed, so thanks so much for that. Really appreciate the favor on that one!

Can you please complete something, it's rather hard to judge and critique an incomplete work. I wanna say that I feel that the skin and hair conflict with each other just by the way it's painted but I cannot be sure until it's done. I also noticed in another comment of your's you said that you were gonna stick this in a background, I don't think that's the wise thing to do because in my opinion it's much harder to make a background's shading/lighting to match a character/object than vice-versa.

"In Lulz We Trust"

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-13 22:28:58 Reply

At 11/13/12 09:52 PM, TheLulzyArtist wrote:
At 11/13/12 08:30 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
Can you please complete something, it's rather hard to judge and critique an incomplete work. I wanna say that I feel that the skin and hair conflict with each other just by the way it's painted but I cannot be sure until it's done. I also noticed in another comment of your's you said that you were gonna stick this in a background, I don't think that's the wise thing to do because in my opinion it's much harder to make a background's shading/lighting to match a character/object than vice-versa.

I've already made a concept sketch for that. Also, how would you shade the skin, might I ask? I like the way it's turning out so far, but a little bit of advice wouldn't hurt.

BBS Signature
KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-13 23:26:24 Reply

At 11/13/12 10:28 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:

a little bit of advice wouldn't hurt.

My Art Thread Re-do

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

TheLulzyArtist
TheLulzyArtist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-13 23:37:32 Reply

At 11/13/12 09:52 PM, TheLulzyArtist wrote:
At 11/13/12 08:30 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
I've already made a concept sketch for that. Also, how would you shade the skin, might I ask? I like the way it's turning out so far, but a little bit of advice wouldn't hurt.

A concept sketch isn't a complete work. And I pretty much told you that I would shade based on the surroundings. You've already received critiques on the hair and nobody can truly give you advice on the skin because you said it yourself it is not done. It's like trying to judge a cake that hasn't been mixed and baked yet, if you don't put all of the ingredients together it will taste odd with missing components. All I'm saying is finish up the character so people can see all of the flaws at once and point them out.

"In Lulz We Trust"

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 10:27:29 Reply

At 11/13/12 11:26 PM, KaDoYuu wrote:
a little bit of advice wouldn't hurt.

I'll definitely keep that in mind. Though, isn't there another way to construct a pose other than using a skeleton that's a little...simpler?

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 12:43:11 Reply

At 11/14/12 10:27 AM, HiryuGouki wrote: Though, isn't there another way that's a little...simpler?

Nope. You wanna get better, you work harder.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 15:33:31 Reply

At 11/14/12 10:27 AM, HiryuGouki wrote:
At 11/13/12 11:26 PM, KaDoYuu wrote:
I'll definitely keep that in mind. Though, isn't there another way to construct a pose other than using a skeleton that's a little...simpler?

Lines where the bones are and dots where the joints should be. I just drew the skeleton to show the relation of the body's different sections: head; torso; wrists; etc.

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 17:36:20 Reply

At 11/14/12 10:39 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 11/14/12 10:38 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 11/14/12 10:36 AM, Amaranthus wrote:

Hope this helps a little.
let me try that again
I give up, apologies.

It's fine. I found one of the links that works, and I have to say that I am quite surprised that I didn't think of that method earlier.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 17:38:04 Reply

At 11/14/12 12:43 PM, Otto wrote:
At 11/14/12 10:27 AM, HiryuGouki wrote: Though, isn't there another way that's a little...simpler?

Agreed, but there's always an easier route to get what needs to get done done. Does it still require hard work? Tons. So while the method is easier, the amount of drawing you will be doing will be more or less the same.

BBS Signature
JoseFonz
JoseFonz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 17:47:08 Reply

You do realize that it's possible to simplify the framework, right? Yeah, I'm willing to bet you do, so why not simply tell him?

KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 17:59:00 Reply

At 11/14/12 05:38 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
Agreed, but there's always an easier route to get what needs to get done done.

My Art Thread Re-do

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 18:23:25 Reply

At 11/14/12 05:47 PM, JoseFonz wrote:
You do realize that it's possible to simplify the framework, right? Yeah, I'm willing to bet you do, so why not simply tell him?

I know that, which is why I shrank down his sentence in the quote to what he was really thinking, which is 'why isn't drawing really good really easy when I want it now'

Obviously there are easier ways to look at structuring the frame of a body; I would cite Andrew Loomis as a source that needed no other references really, unless you wanted the comfort of plenty of sources.

All of Andrew Loomis' books can be downloaded here for free as .pdfs and the one you want is Figure Drawing For All It's Worth. Although really, you want it all, because it's all good good good good stuff.

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 19:02:20 Reply

At 11/14/12 06:23 PM, Otto wrote: Obviously there are easier ways to look at structuring the frame of a body; I would cite Andrew Loomis as a source that needed no other references really, unless you wanted the comfort of plenty of sources.

All of Andrew Loomis' books can be downloaded here for free as .pdfs and the one you want is Figure Drawing For All It's Worth. Although really, you want it all, because it's all good good good good stuff.

Why is it that everyone and their mom constantly give loomis as generic art advise, there are way better artists to study and he's not the end all be all of art skill. Glen Vilpu, Burne Hogarth, Bridgeman,Nicolaides or for Hiryu the McDonalds coloring books, which i'm sure he won't even finish coloring until first he posts them here 5 times asking for advice and not taking it.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 19:29:52 Reply

Obviously there are easier ways to look at structuring the frame of a body; I would cite Andrew Loomis as a source that needed no other references really, unless you wanted the comfort of plenty of sources.

I'll definitely check it out, and after I am done with this painting I am working on, I will definitely be doing a shit ton o' pose practice.

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 19:42:58 Reply

At 11/14/12 07:02 PM, Lucky wrote: Why is it that everyone and their mom constantly give loomis as generic art advise, there are way better artists to study and he's not the end all be all of art skill. Glen Vilpu, Burne Hogarth, Bridgeman,Nicolaides or for Hiryu the McDonalds coloring books, which i'm sure he won't even finish coloring until first he posts them here 5 times asking for advice and not taking it.

I had no idea that was the case. Still, his guidance is very structured towards from-the-ground-up learning, and it's all very easy on the eye (and pretty hilarious, some of the outdated terminology present in the books). Sorry I didn't name drop the ones you know of. I am actually salivating at Vilppu.

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 20:17:18 Reply

I had no idea that was the case. Still, his guidance is very structured towards from-the-ground-up learning, and it's all very easy on the eye (and pretty hilarious, some of the outdated terminology present in the books). Sorry I didn't name drop the ones you know of. I am actually salivating at Vilppu.

Haha all good dude, nothing personal i just get sick of hearing bout circlehead loomis, Vilppu is amazing when learning life drawing, he puts so much info into his lessons i cant survive more than 2 at a time my head hurts too much haha

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 21:10:20 Reply

At 11/14/12 08:17 PM, Lucky wrote:
Haha all good dude, nothing personal i just get sick of hearing bout circlehead loomis, Vilppu is amazing when learning life drawing, he puts so much info into his lessons i cant survive more than 2 at a time my head hurts too much haha

Who is this Vilppu person?

BBS Signature
Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 21:22:47 Reply

I've actually torrented a full 3 day course in human anatomy, and have been bing practicing to reach that level. Hvae you guys ever heard of Neil Fontaine?

3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 22:20:58 Reply

At 11/14/12 09:22 PM, Absinthe wrote:
I've actually torrented a full 3 day course in human anatomy, and have been bing practicing to reach that level. Hvae you guys ever heard of Neil Fontaine?

I am skeptical about this Neil Fontaine guy, but I do want to improve. You sure he's not just there to run away with my money?

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 22:40:18 Reply

his cartooning skills look preeeeeeeeetty bad.

Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-14 23:29:40 Reply

At 11/14/12 10:40 PM, Lucky wrote:

Well he's the first person that made me actually appreciate the basics. I sift through his crap tutorials for his gesture/painting ones. The more knowledge you have, the more you have in your arsenal of techniques.

I don't believe in hero worship.

So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-15 00:38:26 Reply

At 11/14/12 11:14 PM, Escalus wrote:
At 11/14/12 10:40 PM, Lucky wrote:
Not just that, most of his videos are... well, deleted (or photo manipulations)

I see...Just some scumbag scammer looking to get money. Typical. Fucking typical and to think I nearly trusted his ad.

BBS Signature
Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-15 01:08:57 Reply

At 11/15/12 12:38 AM, HiryuGouki wrote:
I see...Just some scumbag scammer looking to get money. Typical. Fucking typical and to think I nearly trusted his ad.

You know it won't give you a virus to check one of his videos

I'm not going to argue, but denying a source because you believe he's a "scammer" without legitimate information is asinine. It doesn't take a lot of willpower to click on and watch a 20 minute video that could help you learn how to paint.

BBS Signature
Shayl
Shayl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do 2012-11-15 02:14:42 Reply

Burne Hogarth is worth a look. I used him a bunch for anatomy back in school and still think its great stuff