New Topic Respond to this Topic
ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 8th, 2012 @ 08:11 AM Reply

Bunch of bans handed out in here. I've said it before but I guess some of you need a reminder.

Its best to ignore Hiryu, if however you want to attempt to help him, offer him help. And when he rejects or ignores it, give up and move on.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 03:31 PM Reply

At 11/8/12 08:11 AM, ornery wrote: Bunch of bans handed out in here. I've said it before but I guess some of you need a reminder.

Its best to ignore Hiryu, if however you want to attempt to help him, offer him help. And when he rejects or ignores it, give up and move on.

Not true! Don't tell them to ignore me! That's definitely NOT fair to say at all.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 10:00 PM Reply

BAM!!! Something other than women! How about that, eh? Also, this is part one of...a few sketches for the next few days. The end product will be AMAZING!

My Art Thread Re-do

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 10:03 PM Reply

Part two of my awesomely awesome sketches that will produce the best looking painting I will have ever done (est. time to completion: two weeks)!

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 02:43 PM Reply

Fixed! I upped the quality of the linework of the sketch, fixed the lengths of the legs to be shorter, fixed the hands since one was too big, altered the back arm a bit and changed the shoes.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 02:51 PM Reply

Your art can speak for itself, I'm looking for it to be done. As of now it looks alright,and I have no real gripes with it.

3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 02:56 PM Reply

Fixed her foot. AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also darkened it for your eyes to see the lines better. This thing has been through FIVE corrections already.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:00 PM Reply

One of the four dragons the heroes will be fighting. It is a flightless, thick-plated dragon whose strength lies in its ability to dig burrows. It breathes noxious, poisonous fumes that can asphyxiate anyone unlucky enough to be within range of its foul breath.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:08 PM Reply

Why do you feel the need to explain what the dragon does? Just post more art. The dragon looks unfinished and really rough. Fix it up and I'll give my two-cents

3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:20 PM Reply

At 11/11/12 03:08 PM, Absinthe wrote: Why do you feel the need to explain what the dragon does? Just post more art. The dragon looks unfinished and really rough. Fix it up and I'll give my two-cents

They're all sketches I am using for my painting. I am sketching each one one at a time and then cutting them out and clipping onto the same background and then coloring and shading them in.

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 03:47 AM Reply

At 11/10/12 10:00 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: BAM!!! Something other than women! How about that, eh? Also, this is part one of...a few sketches for the next few days. The end product will be AMAZING!

I'm sure

SARCARM

My Art Thread Re-do

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 08:30 AM Reply

At 10/11/12 08:27 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
At 10/11/12 08:05 PM, monsterparty wrote: I think something that would help improve your artwork is line quality. Right now, your lines are kind of hairy. I'd say with anything you sketch, take the time to clean up your lines and give them some weight. That alone will make a huge difference and help establish depth.
Would it help me in my line art in Photoshop?

I forgot that I posted this about line quality, and I didn't realize you replied. The answer is YES. Yes, it will. If you wouldn't mind sending some line work that you did on Photoshop my way, I'd like to show the difference. Maybe it'll help you on your next painting. C:

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 11:27 AM Reply

At 11/12/12 03:47 AM, Lucky wrote:
At 11/10/12 10:00 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: BAM!!! Something other than women! How about that, eh? Also, this is part one of...a few sketches for the next few days. The end product will be AMAZING!
I'm sure
SARCARM

Thank you for your reply. Glad you caught the mistake before I did anything reckless. So, I guess what I need to fix is the leg, and the arm, right? No problemo!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 11:32 AM Reply

At 11/12/12 08:30 AM, monsterparty wrote:
At 10/11/12 08:27 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
At 10/11/12 08:05 PM, monsterparty wrote: I think something that would help improve your artwork is line quality. Right now, your lines are kind of hairy. I'd say with anything you sketch, take the time to clean up your lines and give them some weight. That alone will make a huge difference and help establish depth.
Would it help me in my line art in Photoshop?
I forgot that I posted this about line quality, and I didn't realize you replied. The answer is YES. Yes, it will. If you wouldn't mind sending some line work that you did on Photoshop my way, I'd like to show the difference. Maybe it'll help you on your next painting. C:

You can just look at my newest piece in the art portal to figure out the way I do my lines. I usually use the line tool, but this time, I think I am just going for a straight up brush that will blend in with the rest of the picture. Thing is, what I usually do for my sketches, is when I do the lineart for my work, I pick out the lines that make the most sense and cut out ones that don't work for the piece. As for the painting, I am aiming for something similar to this:

http://static.zerochan.net/Gwendolyn.full.204063.jpg

Do you know any tutorials I could find that could really help me on this? I figure this piece is going to take longer than two weeks if I do a sketch a day, do a background, paint each individual character, etc. My new estimate is about three weeks, what with all of the reading I might have to do, as well as picking up some new techniques. As for clouds, I kind of accidentally stumbled onto that one day by using the fade brush and then just blurring it a bit. So, know any good tutorials for this style of painting? That would really be helpful!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 12:06 PM Reply

At 11/12/12 03:47 AM, Lucky wrote:
I'm sure
SARCARM

I appreciate the help and all, but you do know it's stylized, right? Just checking. I went in and corrected what I felt needed to be corrected, such as the angle of the torso, the hand holding the rock, and the leg facing away from the viewer, etc like you pointed out, so it's all good now.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 12:12 PM Reply

Hopefully this pose makes a little more sense now than it did. Thanks for your help, Lucky.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 01:52 PM Reply

Moar dragons, FTW!

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 01:58 PM Reply

At 11/12/12 12:12 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: Hopefully this pose makes a little more sense now than it did. Thanks for your help, Lucky.

The pose looks better, but the legs still need some work. Another look at Lucky's sketch might help you, as well as maybe looking at Posemaniacs or something for work with the perspective.

Moar dragons, FTW!

The wingspan should probably be bigger. I know dragons are magical and whatnot, but the wing to dragon ratio is a bit off :P

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 02:59 PM Reply

What do I do next? Should I start with all of my base colors? What kind of brush should I use and so on? I have already diagrammed where everyone is being placed including the dragons and the heroes.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 04:00 PM Reply

This cave sucks ass, I know. Don't remind me. Anyone know what I could do better? Better yet, would anyone mind teaching me how to do this better?

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 04:42 PM Reply

This actually LOOKS like a rock! Hori shet!!!

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 11:01 AM Reply

I completely re-did the hair, made the hand pulling the string bigger and corrected some subtle errors. Now if only I knew how to line this character in Photoshop. I want the painting to look like this: http://kidfenris.com/valodinsphere.png

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 11:53 AM Reply

I have an honest question (ReNaeNae stay away. I know how you like to ban me and delete my posts, but NOW IS NOT THE TIME).

Why do you all just absolutely hate me? If there's anything I could do to change, what would it be?

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 12:31 PM Reply

At 11/13/12 11:53 AM, HiryuGouki wrote: I have an honest question (ReNaeNae stay away. I know how you like to ban me and delete my posts, but NOW IS NOT THE TIME).

Nope, I'm completely ok with this topic as long as you're aware that you're shitting up your own art thread... and this one will NOT be deleted. Also, if you start crying and making up lame excuse, getting defensive and/or belligerent towards anyone that answers this question... that YOU asked... I will ban you. You've willing opened the flood gates so you're gonna have to accept the consequences.

Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 01:12 PM Reply

At 11/13/12 11:53 AM, HiryuGouki wrote: I have an honest question (ReNaeNae stay away. I know how you like to ban me and delete my posts, but NOW IS NOT THE TIME).

Why do you all just absolutely hate me? If there's anything I could do to change, what would it be?

People don't like you because you aren't willing to take most of our advice, you get quite belligerent, you preoccupy yourself with tangents and meaningless aspects like art portal ratings, you keep worrying about us reacting to your sketches more than the sketches yourself, and you generally just make a mess of things with all this drama. No, the rest of the forum is not blameless per se, you have been singled out on occasion, because your reputation as an immature and mediocre artist precedes you. Yeah, it sucks and isn't fair, but I'm pretty sure that's what's going on here, and I'm sure others have more to add, I'm writing this from my mobile so I am not gonna write an essay here.

If I had any advice for you, and I should be taking the same exact advice, so you know I'm being genuine, but forget about your stylized drawings for a while. Yes, they are stylized. Are they stylized well? That's another story. If you can easily draw a realistic human in any position you want, you will be able to whip out those stylized anime chicks like you never thought you could.

Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 02:03 PM Reply

You constantly ask for advise and not take it afterwords

You CONSTANTLY bump your thread when it's at the bottom of the thread list begging for advise instead of trying to figure things out on your own

You NEVER figure things out on your own and DEMAND being spoon feed information which you barely fucking use

You now post in other people's threads giving out a)bad adviseb) advise which you cant even take for your own f-ing artor both

You would be THE WORST art school student since you never take the time to improve or listen to that god damn advise and keep on making anime girls calling them your f-ing style.

You're a 20 something year old with the improvement mentality of a 14 year old girl - "Everything i do is amazing! How can it not be, I made it!'

Your art isn't horrible, it's bad, but not horrible. You're just really really reallyfucking annoying and demand to be the centre of attention at all times

There's more i'm sure , I just haven't had my morning coffee yet

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 04:04 PM Reply

I need a small bit of advice. I already have a nice contrast here for her hair, but how do I get something like this:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=hair+painting+tutorial&offse t=48#/d1ufc73

What kind of brush do I use, and how do I produce the somewhat same result?

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 11/13/12 04:04 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I need a small bit of advice. I already have a nice contrast here for her hair, but how do I get something like this:

Use the default brush. Just use different sizes. The shading part requires a bigger brush than the lighting. The instructions are pretty clear.

gl :-)

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 04:36 PM Reply

At 11/13/12 04:21 PM, EJR wrote:
At 11/13/12 04:04 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I need a small bit of advice. I already have a nice contrast here for her hair, but how do I get something like this:

Use the default brush. Just use different sizes. The shading part requires a bigger brush than the lighting. The instructions are pretty clear.

gl :-)

I am actually trying that right now. And I don't want to seem like I am blowing you guys off, it's just that I want to get this painting done. After I am done painting the archer, I will put her into a background, if anyone would be so kind as to teach me how to paint a cave (that would be really swell and awesome).

BBS Signature
Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 04:40 PM Reply

Why don't you figure out for yourself?
take a picture of hair, draw it. apply learned stuff to your drawing.

Still looks like shit? repeat.

Click on the sig!
Or my thread

BBS Signature