New Topic Respond to this Topic
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 11:16 AM Reply

This isn't like the election, votes don't really matter, personal merit does. Now for a little criticism, use a triangle to indicate where the breasts and nipples should be placed.

How do you do that?

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 11:35 AM Reply

At 11/6/12 10:52 AM, HiryuGouki wrote: Yep. You're a bully abusing your power and you know it, and I even have evidence to prove it.

I seriously doubt you're smart enough to cover this up, now are you?

LOL stickam WOO what happens on one site and on NG are completely different and and the voting system has been like this forever and has been abused since its inception. no matter how much boo hooing you do won't fix that.

even though your average score is like 1.2 something now overall.

Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 12:01 PM Reply

At 11/6/12 11:16 AM, HiryuGouki wrote:
This isn't like the election, votes don't really matter, personal merit does. Now for a little criticism, use a triangle to indicate where the breasts and nipples should be placed.
How do you do that?

Look at some actual naked women on google and draw a triangle using the nipples as the lower points of the triangle. You would already know this if you went to any of the links in this thread. But you don't care about them.

3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 12:28 PM Reply

At 11/6/12 12:01 PM, Absinthe wrote:
Look at some actual naked women on google and draw a triangle using the nipples as the lower points of the triangle. You would already know this if you went to any of the links in this thread. But you don't care about them.

Yes I do.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 12:42 PM Reply

Review by ILoveNantes:

same bland, dead, spastic expression as always, a true hiryugouki classic...
better than all your other shit drawings but still shit nonethless, forever alone, hope you bask in the fact that I log in every day after voting resets just to zero bomb your soulless garbage
love, nantes

0/5

Wow...She actually waits for voting to reset just to vote zero on my work...Well...You know what that means, right everyone? So pathetic. And look at some of the reviews I left for her recently after TRYING to reconcile with her:

An actual review by me:

• DERP
    DERP by IloveNantes

A piece of shit I did in six hours. Edit: There may be some odd highlights around the chin and other areas if you darken the ...

Score
    2.526315789 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

You're getting better! My suggestion would be to cover up her forehead more, and make sure her face is more curvy. But, that's pretty much it.

3/5 stars

Another Review by me:

• Katherine v.2
    Katherine v.2 by IloveNantes

This is my newest art concept of one of my main characters in the second story of my trilogy, Katherine. Compare it to the on...

Score
    3.656250000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Much better than last time!
IN response to the PM you sent me, you were an artist to begin with. I was just mad at everyone and everything because of all of the trolling I've been getting. Yes, I do realize now that I should not have said what I said, and I wish to try and reconcile my mistakes. So, onto the piece.
You are improving quite a bit, and while it does have its flaws, such as the somewhat disorderly hair and the odd angle at which her head is at, I do see some potential in you.
Oh, and it only takes your will to draw and create to be an artist.

4/5 stars, and this was in apology to her for being such a douchebag earlier a few months prior...

Truly pathetic in my opinion, ESPECIALLY after I have tried to reconcile for being a huge douche-nozzle myself. Only one of her submissions has a zero out of five on it from me, and that was out of a fit of rage after being trolled pretty hard. Hell, I even apologized for that shit later in my Katherine V2 review.

I honestly don't know why people do this to me, ESPECIALLY AFTER I try to reconcile for being the stubborn dick-wad I had been. It's disappointing to say the least.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 12:51 PM Reply

At 11/6/12 12:45 PM, Escalus wrote:
At 11/6/12 12:28 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
Yes I do.
Absinthe has a point, if you did care, you would've already knew this information based on the links that you were given time and time again, the fact that you had to ask "How do I do that?" means that you didn't even bother to take the time and learn.

Eh...I forgot about it, but yeah, I agree. It's stupid for me to have to ask. But, I am sure I will figure it out eventually. Now, I was wondering if you guys could stop beating me up all the time. Could you do me that much? I would really like to feel like I matter in this community, and right now...I kinda don't.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 01:06 PM Reply

At 11/6/12 12:59 PM, Escalus wrote:
At 11/6/12 12:51 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
At 11/6/12 12:45 PM, Escalus wrote:
At 11/6/12 12:28 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
Yes I do.
Absinthe has a point, if you did care, you would've already knew this information based on the links that you were given time and time again, the fact that you had to ask "How do I do that?" means that you didn't even bother to take the time and learn.
But, I am sure I will figure it out eventually.
Instead of procrastinating, it's better to learn "NOW" than to figure it out "Eventually" people don't have time to bother with others that don't even want to help themselves. You were given help, you brushed it off (Of course you'd "forget" because you didn't bother looking at it when it was given to you).

I get it alright? Yeah, that was stupid of me, big oopsy, whatever. Now please stop beating up on me. I would like to feel like I belong here, but you guys keep beating me up over stupid shit. Seriously, knock it off. I just want to feel like I belong here, okay? Could you do me that much?

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 01:20 PM Reply

I made this awesome textbox using very simple techniques that ended up contributing to the overall look of it. I dare say, it's pretty awesome looking.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 01:26 PM Reply

This one was a piece o' work, lemme tell ya. Most of this was just practice, though. I found a way to make shapes a whole lot easier by simply selecting something and creating...a vector...mask...Welp! Time to go vector Priscilla!

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 01:49 PM Reply

No one is beating you up over "stupid shit", if anything they're trying to make you see things that you obviously ignored months ago and are still crying for help about (ex: Absinthe telling you how to fix something that you should've already knew about and shouldn't have asked for help for if you just took the time to educate yourself)
If anything "Knowing isn't Stupid shit"(tm) (copyright Escalus)... You want to know what "stupid shit" is, crying over getting zeroes, crying that people are harping on you because you don't want to help yourself when they've tried to help you over and over, you really want people to stop getting on your case? Start hitting the books, people can't make your art for you.

I meant the abusive reviews from people like ILoveNantes. I also mean the trolling and zero-bombers who unfairly attack my work for one unfair reason or another.

BBS Signature
Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 03:21 PM Reply

That's a small minority though. You have internet nut-punchers that want to attack you and that should not interfere with your "progress." I told you in our discussion that NG is tough, and getting bunny slipper soft critiques are hard to come by. I will tell you that there is not a single person on the NG Art forum or NG in general that will tell you your art is perfect, or above mediocre because it's obviously not.

If you want to attain respect of the other users means you actually have to give a shit about the NG community. No one here is barring you from the Art Forum Lounge, no one is telling you to permanently leave, no one is calling you a weeabo faggot, and no mod is trigger happy.

Now there's a simple two road choice and a path needed to be taken.

1.Quit and never come back
2.Listen to people and study on your own

It's like studying for an exam, the tutors are great and will be happy to help you, but you have to put the effort in.

So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 04:27 PM Reply

This really all reminds me of when I used to copy characters out of the Beano. I was fanatic about that cartoony style and refused to do anything else.

I just want you to know Hiryu, that I can draw a better cartoon now that I go to life drawing classes than if I didn't. Even a cartoon has a skeleton that you must imagine. Even a cartoon requires thought out posing from the bottom up. I think you'll really really get a lot out of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHvQIMBjB78&feature=player_em bedded

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 11/6/12 04:27 PM, Otto wrote: This really all reminds me of when I used to copy characters out of the Beano. I was fanatic about that cartoony style and refused to do anything else.

Of course I was about 8 years old then and a whiney little bitch, so maybe that's worth adding. Hopefully you'll grow out of that.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 09:30 PM Reply

At 11/6/12 04:31 PM, Otto wrote:
At 11/6/12 04:27 PM, Otto wrote: This really all reminds me of when I used to copy characters out of the Beano. I was fanatic about that cartoony style and refused to do anything else.
Of course I was about 8 years old then and a whiney little bitch, so maybe that's worth adding. Hopefully you'll grow out of that.

Okay...Here's what I got from that. Making subtle poses in between big poses can make all the difference when making animations. Your characters' motions determine a lot about them because the viewer can see how they act, and thus can judge a character. Having too stiff of a line of action makes a pose look dull and lifeless (my character's pose is just concept art, and I will draw her after I draw some of the other characters I want to draw), and therefore, I should try to inject as much personality as I can into the characters using big and small motions at the right moments.

That's what I got out of it anyway.

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 10:45 PM Reply

You in my own honest opinion you actually become worse since the last time I saw your works. Just my two cents. You still didn't go with the anatomy thing, didn't you? Oh well, some things in life just cannot be made better, no matter how hard we try. Good luck with that. Maybe someday you'll improve just not today.

I'm not trying to sound like a douchebag but this is the truth.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 7th, 2012 @ 08:57 AM Reply

At 11/6/12 10:45 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Oh well, some things in life just cannot be made better, no matter how hard we try. Good luck with that. Maybe someday you'll improve just not today.
I'm not trying to sound like a douchebag but this is the truth.

You are sounding like a douchebag. Please stop. And yes, I AM improving.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 7th, 2012 @ 09:13 AM Reply

At 11/7/12 08:58 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 11/7/12 08:57 AM, HiryuGouki wrote:
At 11/6/12 10:45 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
Excuse me but you're not the one to judge about that.

Jester said that he preferred my new style over my old one, and that the proportions of the character were balanced. I think that's improvement, even if only a little.

A message to everyone: STOP TRYING TO TURN THIS THREAD INTO ANOTHER ARGUMENT! GET OFF MY CASE AND JUST CRITIQUE AND COMMENT ON THE ART ITSELF!

I do NOT want this turning into another war. You KNOW how defensive I get, and this is only starting the problems back up again. Just stop arguing and comment on the art I post here itself. Nothing more, nothing less. No, I am not looking for asspats, but I am also not looking for arguments either.

Absinthe, I am working my ass off on other things as well as my art, so be patient with me. Escalus, stop getting on my case about EVERY. LITTLE. THING. I. DO! It's fine if you want to critique the artwork itself, but please stop trying to argue with me. You guys should be trying to MOTIVATE me, not trying to put me down.

That goes for you too, Fifty-50, and Amaranthus, AND ESPECIALLY YOU, ESCALUS! Stop putting me down and instead try to lift me up. But nooooooo... You all are still in "We hate HiryuGouki" mode to even TRY. Just stop aggravating me. PLEASE for the LOVE OF GOD, I am begging for a little bit of MERCY here. Just do me that bit of a favor. Man...This thread used to be awesome...Just try to comment on the art itself, okay?

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 7th, 2012 @ 09:15 AM Reply

At 11/3/12 07:59 PM, Jester wrote:
At 11/3/12 07:30 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I kinda wanna talk about this for a bit. As I was drawing this, I realized that this style...Just feels right to me.
I prefer it to your normal style, it's got a cartoon-y appeal to it. What stands out the most is the feet, I think large feet balances out the rest of your proportions and makes them flow better. I think it's too "sailor moon" looking to work if you were trying to do something dark or otherwise serious, but I think it works much better than your normal style.

THIS is a sign of progress everyone. If you can't so much as recognize that, then you seriously need to re-evaluate yourselves. Just stop with this "We hate HiryuGouki" phase and try to be encouraging. THIS quote shows progress, even if you don't see it. So there.

BBS Signature
Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 7th, 2012 @ 10:27 AM Reply

Hiryu, I just wanted to tell you that you have indeed attracted a lot of Art Forum regulars who have dedicated their time to actually hep you improve by posting links to test yourself by simply following clear cut directions or a possible change up in your work flow. These methods are not to help "amplify" your current level, but to break you down as an artist so that you can build yourself up again.

I've crunch the numbers and even will list the users that have helped/insulted you thus far.

Total number of Users whom contributed time to the thread(s) 37
Total number of Users whom contributed useful information either instructional or philosophical- 31
That leaves the Users who have been dicks-6

So 84% of the people posting material genuinely wanted to help you, but YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO THEM.
(brushing them off saying, "thanks" is not a response, you need to do the exercises and actually draw something else.)

This is the Comprehensive list of Users who contributed useful information and even those whom contributed more than just a preliminary post and actually gave you VISUAL aides to assist you.

ImpendingRiot
Absinthe----
Spags
test-object
M-Maher
ReNaeNae
Mabelma-----
Ornery----
Ludic----
J-Qb
Drawfall-----
Escalus
Starpaladin
Lucky------
Mownkey
Felis
JackDGreatest
Sockembop----
CypressDahlia
Aigis
Luis---
TheLulzyArtist-----
Jester
Kostou--------
TheMajormel
TurkeyonAStick
Nova-Solstice
Monsterparty
Otto
Fifty-50
Kinsei01-----

This is the list of People you focus to pay attention to, and respond to most frequently.

Kashi
BeckyRawr
Tony-DarkGrave
Amaranthus
PatBest22
ILoveNantes
Escalus

The numbers don't lie Hiryu

Tell Amaranthus to contribute to the website or jump off a bridge, and actually prove the minority wrong and actually LISTEN to the majority.

TLDR: Read it

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 7th, 2012 @ 10:42 AM Reply

At 11/7/12 10:27 AM, Absinthe wrote: This is the Comprehensive list of Users who contributed useful information and even those whom contributed more than just a preliminary post and actually gave you VISUAL aides to assist you.

I don't like the route this thread is going. Please stop.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 7th, 2012 @ 11:04 AM Reply

At 11/7/12 10:42 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 11/7/12 10:27 AM, Absinthe wrote: This is the Comprehensive list of Users who contributed useful information and even those whom contributed more than just a preliminary post and actually gave you VISUAL aides to assist you.
I don't like the route this thread is going. Please stop.

Thank you. I will post more art on this thread, and I sincerely hope to receive some helpful feedback on THE ART ITSELF.

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 7th, 2012 @ 11:42 AM Reply

At 11/7/12 11:04 AM, HiryuGouki wrote:
At 11/7/12 10:42 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I don't like the route this thread is going. Please stop.
Thank you. I will post more art on this thread, and I sincerely hope to receive some helpful feedback on THE ART ITSELF.

... although Absinthe is right that the actual number of users being dicks to you is small, and that you don't listen to feedback even though you always demand it.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 7th, 2012 @ 01:19 PM Reply

At 11/7/12 11:42 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 11/7/12 11:04 AM, HiryuGouki wrote:
At 11/7/12 10:42 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I don't like the route this thread is going. Please stop.
... although Absinthe is right that the actual number of users being dicks to you is small, and that you don't listen to feedback even though you always demand it.

That's debatable. You don't know how hard I work at my art, so to judge it prematurely is kind of pointless. Even so, those small number of dicks should not be commenting/scoring/reviewing my artwork because they're just going to be dicks no matter what, and I can't fix that.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 7th, 2012 @ 01:23 PM Reply

Welp, here's the villainess for Priscilla. The line work is sloppy, I know, and I will get to fixing that soon, but I think the design is pretty good in this case. Griselda is a very impatient woman, but she's also very meticulous, always plotting and scheming. More later.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 7th, 2012 @ 04:04 PM Reply

Here ya go! Corrected the line work, some anatomy mistakes, especially on the cat, and shaded a few bits of it. Tomorrow, I will ink and color her in. I'm thinking of a more muted color palette made up of mostly grays and reds with the same blue eyes as Priscilla, since they're sisters and all...The details of this character can be found in my news feed. Looking forward to comments and feedback.

My Art Thread Re-do

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 7th, 2012 @ 05:25 PM Reply

I'm saying that your current style isn't much of a difference from your old one. I actually think it's the same thing all over. Thisand this actually have no difference. It's the same old frustrating mistake over and over. Priscilla is actually a bit worse than Jillian because she has a botched boob job.

My Art Thread Re-do

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 7th, 2012 @ 08:24 PM Reply

At 11/7/12 05:25 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: I'm saying that your current style isn't much of a difference from your old one. I actually think it's the same thing all over. Thisand this actually have no difference. It's the same old frustrating mistake over and over. Priscilla is actually a bit worse than Jillian because she has a botched boob job.

So you say, but her torso is at an angle, hence is why it makes sense.

BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 7th, 2012 @ 08:36 PM Reply

At 11/7/12 08:24 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: So you say, but her torso is at an angle, hence is why it makes sense.

Even so it is incredibly awkward and incorrect that her boobs would take that shape, they don't flow with her body.
Refer to hasty draw over thing.

My Art Thread Re-do

PatBest22
PatBest22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 7th, 2012 @ 08:38 PM Reply

At 11/7/12 08:24 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:

Those boobs don't make any sort of sense, they defy gravity, like they're sagging horizontally.

Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to My Art Thread Re-do Nov. 7th, 2012 @ 08:43 PM Reply

At 11/7/12 08:24 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
At 11/7/12 05:25 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: I'm saying that your current style isn't much of a difference from your old one. I actually think it's the same thing all over. Thisand this actually have no difference. It's the same old frustrating mistake over and over. Priscilla is actually a bit worse than Jillian because she has a botched boob job.

dont listen to all those pricks Hiryu, they dont know what the fuck theyre talking about. Just look at how hard they try. Just do what you do best: make awesome art.

I actually believe youve outgrown NG for a while now. Just leave this shithole behind and reach for the metaphorical stars. I think there are more dedicated forums for artists like yourself. NG cant help you anymore

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature