00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Refuce just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Comic Stylie-ish Art for Critique

905 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Comic Stylie-ish Art for Critique 2012-08-31 07:57:53

Response to Comic Stylie-ish Art for Critique 2012-08-31 08:08:42

I like them all but the samurai battle one is my favorite, love the shading and the way you colored the background :D
you have a really neat style

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Comic Stylie-ish Art for Critique 2012-08-31 13:39:05

At 8/31/12 07:57 AM, Swallagoon wrote: I would appreciated if any of you guys might critique or provide some opinions about my work to help me improve.

I can dig it, quite a unique style you've got there, not bad If i say so myself.

Its in the Goldilocks area, I don't hate it, but I cannot say its amazing or impressive, that said it serves its purpose and that's all it needs to do.

Response to Comic Stylie-ish Art for Critique 2012-09-02 14:41:21

At 8/31/12 01:39 PM, M-Maher wrote: Its in the Goldilocks area, I don't hate it, but I cannot say its amazing or impressive, that said it serves its purpose and that's all it needs to do.

Indeed, indulge in the style a bit too much.

Response to Comic Stylie-ish Art for Critique 2012-09-03 23:22:21

I would probably work a little more on your figure drawing, especially action posses. you can be a fantastic artist but in the comic book world it's essential to know how to pose your subjects in such ways as they don't seem so lifeless and still. Foreshortening is a huge factor in it as well.

If you haven't already, I would pick up How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way by Stan Lee and John Buscema. It's a fantastic book that all aspiring comic book artists should own. Hell I don't draw comics and I own it, it's still a very useful source.

Good luck!

Response to Comic Stylie-ish Art for Critique 2012-09-04 10:07:03

Yeah, my figure drawing is pretty bad compared to my traditional pencil life studies. That book looks really helpful, thanks for the help. :)