ATheatricalSongBird
ATheatricalSongBird
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Voice Actor
Need Mixer: For Original Mlp Songs Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 12:28 AM Reply

Hi there, Newgrounds!

I'm here on behalf of 4@4, the collab team behind some Original MLP-Fan songs on YouTube (Yes, Sounds contradictory!).
MegaTouHou writes some amazing works, and he is looking for someone who can make his songs sound incredible with some awesome mixing. We are a team of singers, voice actors, instrumentalists, and songwriters (Well, one).
One of our latest works was Trixie's Ballad and it was featured on Equestria Daily.

Requirements:
* The Mixer will be able to work in Sony Vegas
* Skype (We all have a lot of fun, but we do get work done)
* Work for free (We all do MLP projects because we love them, not to get paid)
* You must be a Brony (Or, at least it would be preferable!)

Full credit will be given to the successful mixer in every video's description box.
Simply send me a message here on Newgrounds with a link to work that you've mixed in the past, and I shall pass this on to MegaTouhou and contact you with his decision. Message me if you have any questions!
Thank you,

Aimee Smith (ATheatricalSongBird)

ATheatricalSongBird
ATheatricalSongBird
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Voice Actor
Response to Need Mixer: For Original Mlp Songs Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:02 PM Reply

Am just bumping up this thread!

We've gotten a few auditions, but we've decided to keep this thread open till this Thursday (My Australian Friday)!
Here is our latest song, released half an hour ago: Duet for One
Just to clarify, we are only after an audio mixer, we have an artist that provides some artwork for our songs, so no video mixing experience is required.

We will be responding to each of the auditionees once the deadline passes.
Thanks guys!

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Need Mixer: For Original Mlp Songs Sep. 3rd, 2012 @ 07:11 AM Reply

At 9/2/12 11:04 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I use Virtual DJ if that is ok. I use Skype.

I think they aren't looking for a DJ sort of mixing, but for a sound engineer sort of.

Like, cut some lows from guitar, bring 2-4k up for attack, send both guitars to same room reverb to sound from same space, pitch correct a bit the voice, check for phase issues on drums... etc...
Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Need Mixer: For Original Mlp Songs Sep. 3rd, 2012 @ 07:31 AM Reply

At 9/3/12 07:11 AM, sorohanro wrote:
At 9/2/12 11:04 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I use Virtual DJ if that is ok. I use Skype.
I think they aren't looking for a DJ sort of mixing, but for a sound engineer sort of.

Like, cut some lows from guitar, bring 2-4k up for attack, send both guitars to same room reverb to sound from same space, pitch correct a bit the voice, check for phase issues on drums... etc...

Nah I really think they want the songs mixed together, since he talks about a ''video mixer'' as well, implying they want a big video with all songs together.
Back on-topic though, I fucking despise MLP, but I'm sure there are other people willing to help you out :P nothing personal, it's just the show. Good luck with the project, though!

New tune: Yag

ATheatricalSongBird
ATheatricalSongBird
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Voice Actor
Response to Need Mixer: For Original Mlp Songs Sep. 3rd, 2012 @ 07:51 AM Reply

Hey guys,

The team is after a sound engineer: an audio mixer (No video skills needed).
To clarify, we have vocals and live instrumentals that we would like mixed, synced, added reverb, and all that jazz!
Our lyricist (the mastermind behind it all!) hasn't the time to write, come up with new songs, provide a rough backing with piano to help out the instrumentalists, AND mix. He did it for a while, and he admits that his mixing skills are neither the best nor does he have the time. I hope that makes it a bit clearer!
It would be preferred if auditionees enjoyed MLP, as we have a lot of fun over skype, we pass on MLP voice acting opportunities and the like, and we each express new song ideas.

Thanks for the continued interest, and keep the auditions coming!
Everyone will be notified by the end of the week. Thanks again!

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Need Mixer: For Original Mlp Songs Sep. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:07 AM Reply

Ahh ok, if you want some amazingly talented sound mixers check out the lovely folks over at Symphony of Specters. They have been producing, mixing, and masterig sound for a good time now. Good luck!

HyperTrough
HyperTrough
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Need Mixer: For Original Mlp Songs Sep. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 9/3/12 09:07 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Ahh ok, if you want some amazingly talented sound mixers check out the lovely folks over at Symphony of Specters. They have been producing, mixing, and masterig sound for a good time now. Good luck!

^This. These guys are awshum! Good luck finding someone!

lol fuk u

ATheatricalSongBird
ATheatricalSongBird
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Voice Actor
Response to Need Mixer: For Original Mlp Songs Sep. 7th, 2012 @ 12:31 AM Reply

Hey everyone!

Auditions for a mixer have now closed, and we went with someone who was passionate about the project, talented, and seemed like a really nice person to work with. Just wanted to thank you all for your wonderful submissions, and I'll be sure to post again if we are looking for another person to join our team!

Aimee Smith