Be a Supporter!
EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Obama on Reddit Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 06:27 PM Reply

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/z1c9z/i_am_barack_obam a_president_of_the_united_states/

I find this pretty impressive. Obviously, his ability to be frank with the voters is limited, but the questions he is choosing to answer are being done very thoughtfully and in good, relevant detail.

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Obama on Reddit Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 08:17 PM Reply

He didnt answering any remotely controversial questions (assuming it was actually Obama and not one of his staffers). Instead we're finding out that he likes the Bulls and plans on releasing the White House beer recipe. The President went after every easy question and avoiding the difficult, but the sheer volume of questions means he'll probably get away with it.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Obama on Reddit Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 08:28 PM Reply

At 8/29/12 08:17 PM, Feoric wrote: The President went after every easy question and avoiding the difficult,

It's called an election. Difficult questions require difficult answers. Difficult answers make people unhappy. Unhappy people aren't likely to vote. You wouldn't expect a butcher to tell everyone what in his sausages during prime shopping hour, now would you?

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Obama on Reddit Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 08:33 PM Reply

I'd say that IAmA on Reddit isn't really the right forum to ask hard-hitting political questions to a politician. Obviously you're going to get either no answer or something non-committal like you would at a press conference or public forum. To be fair though, he did answer some real questions.

It's more fun and venue-appropriate to ask weird questions about being the president, like does he actually pick the food he eats, or does he have a menu prepared by a staff chef and/or nutritionist?

Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Obama on Reddit Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 09:16 PM Reply

At 8/29/12 08:46 PM, 24901miles wrote: He didn't answer that question because he addressed it the week of the Aurora Shooting.

There were 4 questions below the gun control question.

Normally, busy people don't give a shit about what happened last week, and asking "hard hitting questions" (questions that are important to you and don't really matter or have been answered already or just demonstrate your ignorance on our system of government) makes you seem uninformed.

Haha, really? Asking why Guantanamo wasn't closed or asking about fiscal policies demonstrates ignorance? That's new to me, especially compared to the "busy people" who "don't give a shit what happened last week" as you described. How are they not the ones uninformed here?

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Obama on Reddit Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 02:54 AM Reply

There any way to prove that it actually is the president and not some guy pretending to be him?

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Obama on Reddit Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 04:17 AM Reply

At 8/30/12 02:54 AM, Korriken wrote: There any way to prove that it actually is the president and not some guy pretending to be him?

He confirmed it on his official Twitter, and the site staff confirmed it as well. Further proof is not necessary.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Obama on Reddit Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 11:03 AM Reply

At 8/30/12 03:59 AM, 24901miles wrote: What do you mean? Do you think it was some campaign intern typing for him?

It's on B.O.'s website, his official Twitter, and the Reddit adminstration gave him the name PresidentObama after verifying that it was him. The question of it being a complete hoax was squashed pretty early on.

I don't go to reddit normally so... nice... I reckon.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Obama on Reddit Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 11:19 PM Reply

Jeez, Obama is first US president visits a BBS :/

The beer recipe question was funny though.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Obama on Reddit Sep. 8th, 2012 @ 07:29 PM Reply

congrats to the people who acted like idiots right in front of the president.

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Obama on Reddit Sep. 9th, 2012 @ 05:46 AM Reply

God help us should he visit Newgrounds.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Obama on Reddit Sep. 9th, 2012 @ 07:15 AM Reply

Why reddit of all godforsaken sites?

Thecrazyman
Thecrazyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Gamer
Response to Obama on Reddit Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:10 AM Reply

At 9/9/12 05:46 AM, Shade wrote: God help us should he visit Newgrounds.

I think it's we who must help ourselves should he even decide to visit Newgrounds, it's already at the point where the saying "God help us all" is becoming rather pointless, it's we the people who must help one another in periods of need.