00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Obama on Reddit

1,036 Views | 8 Replies

Obama on Reddit 2012-08-29 18:27:22

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/z1c9z/i_am_barack_obam a_president_of_the_united_states/

I find this pretty impressive. Obviously, his ability to be frank with the voters is limited, but the questions he is choosing to answer are being done very thoughtfully and in good, relevant detail.

Response to Obama on Reddit 2012-08-29 20:17:46

He didnt answering any remotely controversial questions (assuming it was actually Obama and not one of his staffers). Instead we're finding out that he likes the Bulls and plans on releasing the White House beer recipe. The President went after every easy question and avoiding the difficult, but the sheer volume of questions means he'll probably get away with it.

BBS Signature

Response to Obama on Reddit 2012-08-29 20:28:57

At 8/29/12 08:17 PM, Feoric wrote: The President went after every easy question and avoiding the difficult,

It's called an election. Difficult questions require difficult answers. Difficult answers make people unhappy. Unhappy people aren't likely to vote. You wouldn't expect a butcher to tell everyone what in his sausages during prime shopping hour, now would you?

Response to Obama on Reddit 2012-08-29 20:33:35

I'd say that IAmA on Reddit isn't really the right forum to ask hard-hitting political questions to a politician. Obviously you're going to get either no answer or something non-committal like you would at a press conference or public forum. To be fair though, he did answer some real questions.

It's more fun and venue-appropriate to ask weird questions about being the president, like does he actually pick the food he eats, or does he have a menu prepared by a staff chef and/or nutritionist?

Dead.

Response to Obama on Reddit 2012-08-29 21:16:34

At 8/29/12 08:46 PM, 24901miles wrote: He didn't answer that question because he addressed it the week of the Aurora Shooting.

There were 4 questions below the gun control question.

Normally, busy people don't give a shit about what happened last week, and asking "hard hitting questions" (questions that are important to you and don't really matter or have been answered already or just demonstrate your ignorance on our system of government) makes you seem uninformed.

Haha, really? Asking why Guantanamo wasn't closed or asking about fiscal policies demonstrates ignorance? That's new to me, especially compared to the "busy people" who "don't give a shit what happened last week" as you described. How are they not the ones uninformed here?

BBS Signature

Response to Obama on Reddit 2012-08-30 04:17:12

At 8/30/12 02:54 AM, Korriken wrote: There any way to prove that it actually is the president and not some guy pretending to be him?

He confirmed it on his official Twitter, and the site staff confirmed it as well. Further proof is not necessary.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Obama on Reddit 2012-09-08 19:29:31

congrats to the people who acted like idiots right in front of the president.

filler text

Response to Obama on Reddit 2012-09-09 07:15:40

Why reddit of all godforsaken sites?

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Obama on Reddit 2012-09-23 04:10:56

At 9/9/12 05:46 AM, Shade wrote: God help us should he visit Newgrounds.

I think it's we who must help ourselves should he even decide to visit Newgrounds, it's already at the point where the saying "God help us all" is becoming rather pointless, it's we the people who must help one another in periods of need.