00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LFCLIAM96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sega Saturn 2012-08-28 21:42:00

Does anyone remember the Sega Saturn? Sure it wasn't as amazing as the Playstation, but I still enjoyed it. I still have fond memories of playing Command & Conquer, Sonic Jam, and Resident Evil. Too bad Sega stopped making consoles.

Smell my cheese, you mother!

Feel free to add me on Steam.

BBS Signature

Response to Sega Saturn 2012-08-29 01:35:01

SONIC R WAS TEH BE$T GAEM EVAR!

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Sega Saturn 2012-08-29 09:56:52

Well done, you've done it now. I'm going to be singing this everywhere i go for the next couple of weeks.

Response to Sega Saturn 2012-08-29 10:39:04

I have a Sega Saturn and I must say, it's probably one of my least favourite consoles in my collection. The controller feels like it belongs in the previous generation and the library of games for it, at least the ones I've encountered, aren't all that great.

Having said that, it is one of the systems I wish I had more games for, just to see if there are many decent games on it. Seems a lot of the best ones were Jap exclusives.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Sega Saturn 2012-08-29 17:04:16

At 8/29/12 04:55 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Other than the poor library the console looks capable of some great games, to bad it's most memorable ones seem to be just poorer versions of PS1 or N64 games.

Yeah, Guardian Heroes, Dragon Force, NiGHTs, Panzer Dragoon series, and Shining series are much better played on the other consoles.

Response to Sega Saturn 2012-08-29 17:14:57

At 8/29/12 05:07 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 8/29/12 05:04 PM, FlockMastaBack wrote:
At 8/29/12 04:55 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Other than the poor library the console looks capable of some great games, to bad it's most memorable ones seem to be just poorer versions of PS1 or N64 games.
Yeah, Guardian Heroes, Dragon Force, NiGHTs, Panzer Dragoon series, and Shining series are much better played on the other consoles.
I never said every single fucking game that ever was released on the console didn't master it as well as other consoles, I just said it's more memorable (A.K.A the majority of it's library) were not as well done on the Sega Saturn.

And those are by far the most memorable titles on the console, according to majority opinion. Look at any top Saturn games list and at least 3/5 of those will be in the top 10.

Response to Sega Saturn 2012-08-29 17:44:00

At 8/29/12 05:31 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Yes but you also seem to be forgetting these are exclusives therefore they do not have any counterpart to compete with whatsoever but I'm sure if there was a PS1 version of Guardian Heroes or maybe even some of the Shining games I'm sure it would have been just as good.

The Saturn was much better for 2D games than the PS1, so Guardian Heroes would definitely be inferior. Also, what the fuck? Your initial point was the alleged lack of exclusives, if I'm interpreting it correctly.

Response to Sega Saturn 2012-08-29 18:20:13

I do agree with this. Games like Panzer Dragoon and Mega Man 8 just seem to play better on the Playstation. However, some ports, like Resident Evil, still seem great on Sega Saturn. It's sad that Sega Saturn didn't have many exclusives or that many amazing ports.

Nights Into Dreams was a great exclusive though.

Smell my cheese, you mother!

Feel free to add me on Steam.

BBS Signature

Response to Sega Saturn 2012-08-29 19:51:44

At 8/29/12 06:01 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Yeah, those four or five exclusives do not make up for shit all. Every other console in that generation had a few DOZEN exclusives to fall back on, but my initial points was lack of exclusives (which it has) and the fact that it's 3rd party games aren't as good when compared to PS1/N64 versions.

I was giving the primary exclusives, you fucking dolt. And even if those were the only exclusives, that wouldn't change the fact that you completely contradicted yourself.

Response to Sega Saturn 2012-08-30 17:49:11

At 8/29/12 07:03 PM, Cootie wrote: Nobody I knew even had a Saturn, and from all of the online videos I have seen of it the library looks anemic. Probably the worst Sega console made.

Never played one and don't know any of the games? THIS CONSOLE IS AWFUL!!!

Response to Sega Saturn 2012-08-30 18:54:58

At 8/30/12 04:50 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Ok Mr. Pissy Pants, let's take a look here. I said the Saturn wasn't that great because it's library and any legitimate user has to agree that Saturn's library was weak if anything. Then I stated all it's games were mostly better played on different consoles and that it barely had any exclusives. So let's the "fucking dolt" dumb things down for you:
Does the Saturn have a weak library: Durp!!

Not necessarily that weak; almost the same as the N64, the Saturn's library being a lot more diverse. Also haha wow derp I love old internet terms. :-)

Most of it's games are better ported on other consoles: Quite true.

Not the 2d games, AKA a good 50% of its library.

The console lacks exclusives: Hmmm, gee this is a toughie.

Once again, there's plenty of good exclusives, nowhere near as quantitative as the PS1, but a handful nonetheless.

Response to Sega Saturn 2012-08-30 20:01:16

Well it looks as though this argument's plateaued.