00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writing Anthology, Follow URL

27,523 Views | 38 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-28 19:21:32

Some store bugs that prevented checkout for certain items and accounts with store credit have now been FIXED so give it a whirl. You can start by purchasing the Newgrounds Writing Anthology, while supplies last!

If you've visited your user page today you might have noticed we're promoting a new mini-feature, a link you can give people to follow you here on NG!

You can put this link in your games and movies to gain followers right here on NG, or post it on all those other sites you frequent, to send some love back to NG.

ConnorUllmann of Seedling fame added a follow link to his new game Quietus II; have you followed Connor yet?

This fans ranking page that hadn't been updating since the redesign launch has been fixed so you can see who the most popular artists are. I'd like to have daily, weekly and monthly stats as well, one more thing for the wish-list.

In other news...

Stabbyclaus works at Adult Swim and used their 3D printer to insert Newgrounds into some settings from Moral Orel!

Don't miss our Games of Ludum Dare 24 collection or the $150k Epic Flash Game Contest.

If you're in Seattle for PAX Prime this weekend, I'll be at the Behemoth booth promoting BattleBlock Theater and Castle Crashers for Steam!!!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-28 19:25:39

At 8/28/12 07:21 PM, TomFulp wrote:
BattleBlock Theater

Okay Tom, this has gone on long enough. Answer this for me:

By this time in 2013, am I going to be able to play this dang game or not?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-28 19:28:04

At 8/28/12 07:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: Some store bugs that prevented checkout for certain items and accounts with store credit have now been FIXED so give it a whirl. You can start by purchasing the Newgrounds Writing Anthology, while supplies last!

I was one of the backers for that kickstarter and pledged to receive a digital version of the book. Not sure if they've got around to that yet but hopefully they do get to it and I'll receive it from them whenever possible.

If you've visited your user page today you might have noticed we're promoting a new mini-feature, a link you can give people to follow you here on NG!

Already whored myself a few too many times. :P

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-28 19:34:43

At 8/28/12 07:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: You can put this link in your games and movies to gain followers right here on NG, or post it on all those other sites you frequent, to send some love back to NG.

I love you! I love you!

Castle Crashers for Steam!!!

Urgh! <3 Now I have to refill my PayPal for more Steam purchases

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-28 19:42:18

At 8/28/12 07:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: Stabbyclaus works at Adult Swim and used their 3D printer to insert Newgrounds into some settings from Moral Orel!

Yaaaay represent.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-28 20:14:24

At 8/28/12 08:08 PM, Computer112 wrote: Wait, is this a bug? I was just curious at Bahamut's reply and then tried to 'follow' myself... it works!

No it doesn't.

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-28 20:28:09

I suppose if someone without an account tries to click the follow link and doesn't have an account, it will prompt them to sign up. Only downside I see is if someone doesn't make an account, then they wont see your user-page. To link to user-page or to link to follow, that is the question.

Either way I like this feature WEEEEEE

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-28 20:33:00

At 8/28/12 07:28 PM, Bahamut wrote:

I was one of the backers for that kickstarter and pledged to receive a digital version of the book. Not sure if they've got around to that yet but hopefully they do get to it and I'll receive it from them whenever possible.

Check your kickstarter inbox!

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-28 20:46:16

The follow feature should simply ask for an email or some sort of way to contact people for new content if they don't have an NG account.

It just seems like sending them to register might deter them away.
Registration, regardless of the website, is a process that no one enjoys doing.

If you provided both options I'm sure it would be more compelling.

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-28 22:16:57

At 8/28/12 08:28 PM, Tyler wrote: I suppose if someone without an account tries to click the follow link and doesn't have an account, it will prompt them to sign up. Only downside I see is if someone doesn't make an account, then they wont see your user-page. To link to user-page or to link to follow, that is the question.

Either way I like this feature WEEEEEE

I'm sure you can use the NG api to just redirect to your page when the user isn't logged on.

(I tried it, but I'm awful at codin' so it doesn't quite work right.) You get the idea though.

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-28 22:39:31

I assume CC will never see release on Mac.

You can never please 'em all . . .

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-28 23:16:50

OH Twitter- Grounds? lol kinda neat i suppose.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-28 23:32:24

Thanks for the store bug fix. It was bugging me for a while, I'll be sure to check out the store again soon.

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-29 01:18:01

I hope Connor Ullman is ALWAYS used as the example for following people, and becomes the most followed user on the site.

I'm thinking of making a video about following and fanning people on Newgrounds to actually get the word out to people.

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-29 01:51:51

At 8/28/12 10:39 PM, Makeshift wrote: I assume CC will never see release on Mac.

You can never please 'em all . . .

Get parallels, son.

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-29 03:57:14

Too cute

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-29 05:15:35

I rememer when I sent something in to the Writing Anthology.

...it better have made it in there.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-29 05:15:46

At 8/28/12 07:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: Some store bugs that prevented checkout for certain items and accounts with store credit have now been FIXED so give it a whirl. You can start by purchasing the Newgrounds Writing Anthology, while supplies last!

I've already got mine from the Kickstarter fund, so that's something else that I need to read.

This fans ranking page that hadn't been updating since the redesign launch has been fixed so you can see who the most popular artists are. I'd like to have daily, weekly and monthly stats as well, one more thing for the wish-list.

What, you're only the 14th most popular user on your own website. Knowing you, though, you really don't care and just want people to keep visiting Newgrounds. Good on you.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-29 05:17:22

At 8/28/12 07:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: If you've visited your user page today you might have noticed we're promoting a new mini-feature, a link you can give people to follow you here on NG!

Not sure if I'm really going to use this feature a lot, but I guess some people will find it convenient.

Castle Crashers for Steam!!!

Oh, nice! I'll go check it out once it's up.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-29 05:44:52

At 8/28/12 07:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: You can start by purchasing the Newgrounds Writing Anthology, while supplies last!

Hurray. The one I've been waiting for, for a while now.

To the store!

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-29 12:35:41

At 8/29/12 05:15 AM, Coop wrote: What, you're only the 14th most popular user on your own website. Knowing you, though, you really don't care and just want people to keep visiting Newgrounds. Good on you.

Count in +1 for Tom

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-29 15:17:41

keychains are all gone , when will they become avaliable again?

signature:show();

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-29 17:50:44

Woot! Just burned my store creds!
Thanks!!

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-29 20:10:26

Lol, it looks like you're having a hard time with the book Tom.

:3

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-29 20:12:29

At 8/29/12 08:10 PM, Kajenx wrote: Lol, it looks like you're having a hard time with the book Tom.

Shix someone else got there first... :C

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-29 22:40:10

Woot finally spend the $70 worth of store credit I had :D

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-29 23:02:17

I already have a hardcopy version via my $20 donation

Shazam!

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-29 23:32:54

but dude that's bland (latest chrome)

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-30 01:14:19

At 8/29/12 10:38 PM, Gambit wrote: Seeing as I was snubbed out of the anthology, no thank you.

You won't support your fellow NG writers and wish them well because they made it while you couldn't?

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Anthology, Follow URL 2012-08-30 02:34:51

Castle crashers on steam?! Please don't forget to make one of these fancy posts when you guys get a definite date it will be released! (personally I would like to buy it from the NEWGROUNDS STORE :P)

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar