Be a Supporter!

Marijuana kills insomnia

  • 973 Views
  • 23 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheTrueZippy
TheTrueZippy
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 12:44 AM Reply

So I'm an insomniac. I've been and insomniac for a long time. I just cannot seem to fall asleep during PM hours. The earliest i can fall asleep ever is 12am, and that's terrible when you need to be up at six every morning.

I've tried every over the counter sleep aid that you're legally allowed to buy. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, worked.

What keeps me up late at night is my inability to turn off my brain. I stay awake thinking until my body passes out from sheer exhaustion. This is a problem.

So I looked up solutions, and it appeared that medicinal marijuana is good for insomniacs. So, I decided to try it to see if it would work. With illegal marijuana, of course.

MAGIC.

What it does is take away my ability to think clearly and makes me drowsy. Which puts me to sleep in minutes. Not hours. Minutes. It's beautiful. I wake up refreshed and alert, which is a feeling I haven't felt in a long time.

Knowing this, I'm going to talk to my doctor about a perscription of medicinal marijuana. I'm in no way smoking it for the high. I'm smoking it because it works.

Any similar experiences from you, newgrounds?

Jakehinojo
Jakehinojo
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 03:56 AM Reply

Well I just get a little hungry and convince my friends that the giant metal monsters outside are cars, and they are friendly.


Where's the pickle?

BBS Signature
Nebula
Nebula
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 03:58 AM Reply

You could just watch a dull as fuck movie like Gerry or After Last Season too.


You fucking people make me sick Chat:http://tlk.io/newgrounds "The big bang theory is top notch anime"-Amaranthus.

BBS Signature
bravo22
bravo22
  • Member since: Oct. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 04:16 AM Reply

If I could have weed every night right before bed, I think i'd sleep way better than I do now.


BBS Signature
MrTaquito
MrTaquito
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM Reply

so if i need help sleeping i'll just hit up a big one then have a donkey kick me

JBK
JBK
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 09:03 AM Reply

Pot did nothing for me. I did get the paranoia and it ruined me for the short time that I was smoking. I already could get a tiny bit paranoid and this just maximized it. Also made me more depressed which I didnt think was a possible reaction. Ruined my chance at getting this girl that I was sure liked me because every time I was around her I had been snoking and couldnt get my head straight. Made me feel like a dumbass.


"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 8/27/12 09:03 AM, JBK wrote: Pot did nothing for me. I did get the paranoia and it ruined me for the short time that I was smoking. I already could get a tiny bit paranoid and this just maximized it. Also made me more depressed which I didnt think was a possible reaction. Ruined my chance at getting this girl that I was sure liked me because every time I was around her I had been snoking and couldnt get my head straight. Made me feel like a dumbass.

marijuana didn't do any of that to you, that was all you. substances affect everyone differently.


ok

BBS Signature
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 10:47 AM Reply

At 8/27/12 12:44 AM, TheTrueZippy wrote: I've been and insomniac for a long time.
The earliest i can fall asleep ever is 12am

Haha oh god, you're killing me. Tell me more about your mental illness.

Knowing this, I'm going to talk to my doctor about a perscription of medicinal marijuana.

Good luck bro. You might want to tell him something other than how you have a totally normal sleeping pattern.


This is filler text.
The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature
TheTrueZippy
TheTrueZippy
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 10:52 AM Reply

At 8/27/12 10:47 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:
At 8/27/12 12:44 AM, TheTrueZippy wrote: I've been and insomniac for a long time.
The earliest i can fall asleep ever is 12am
Haha oh god, you're killing me. Tell me more about your mental illness.

Knowing this, I'm going to talk to my doctor about a perscription of medicinal marijuana.
Good luck bro. You might want to tell him something other than how you have a totally normal sleeping pattern.

That is the earliest i can fall asleep. More often than not it's 2am, or 3am. Which means hello, 3 hours of sleep a night.

HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 10:57 AM Reply

At 8/27/12 10:52 AM, TheTrueZippy wrote:
At 8/27/12 10:47 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: Good luck bro. You might want to tell him something other than how you have a totally normal sleeping pattern.
That is the earliest i can fall asleep. More often than not it's 2am, or 3am. Which means hello, 3 hours of sleep a night.

Go 2-3 days without sleep then come back here and tell me about your insomnia.


This is filler text.
The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature
Rapacity
Rapacity
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 11:39 AM Reply

Hahaha, indeed, I, too suffer from insomnia. When I'm on a comedown from getting high, I do tend to black out into sleep very fast.

Sadly I have to get it illegally here.


The preceding post was probably made when I was wasted. Only a fool would think of it as fact.
Click here to see mushookieman get pwned.

Master-of-pancakes
Master-of-pancakes
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 11:48 AM Reply

It does help you sleep, I know that for certain, but then again so does nyquil, and that generally costs less.


Let me kill your thread for you, it wasn't all that interesting anyway.
Sig by Limited

BBS Signature
FattyWhale
FattyWhale
  • Member since: Jul. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 12:27 PM Reply

At 8/27/12 10:15 AM, Strength wrote: that was all you.

:substances affect everyone differently.

Good logic.


[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
:3

BBS Signature
Zippy-MyMusic
Zippy-MyMusic
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 01:29 PM Reply

At 8/27/12 11:48 AM, Master-of-pancakes wrote: It does help you sleep, I know that for certain, but then again so does nyquil, and that generally costs less.

Nyquil is considerably bad for you if you abuse it, however. And if you take enough of it, there's a chance it won't help you when you actually do get sick.

Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 03:58 PM Reply

At 8/27/12 08:48 AM, Otto wrote: Sure doesn't kill paranoia though, and that's what keeps me up at night

That's not true at all for me. It eliminates any anxiety I have, which is great because I get pretty bad anxiety while I'm sober.


PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 04:08 PM Reply

At 8/27/12 04:02 PM, Otto wrote:
At 8/27/12 03:58 PM, Stretchysumo wrote:
At 8/27/12 08:48 AM, Otto wrote: Sure doesn't kill paranoia though, and that's what keeps me up at night
That's not true at all for me. It eliminates any anxiety I have, which is great because I get pretty bad anxiety while I'm sober.
I fucking wish I operated on that level, but I just get very hyperaware of my body. All the tiny pains and aches become blood clots and tumors in my mind with vicious realism.

If weed doesn't work, benzos usually help. However, benzos are severely addictive, so they're not the greatest solution. I love that weed works for me because I don't have to deal with being physically dependent on pills to the point where I can't function at all, or worse, have seizures or delirium tremens without them.


PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Boss
Boss
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 05:04 PM Reply

captain obvious reporting for dudy

yeah dude weed make yu sleepy


I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
Zippy-MyMusic
Zippy-MyMusic
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 8/27/12 03:58 PM, Stretchysumo wrote:
At 8/27/12 08:48 AM, Otto wrote: Sure doesn't kill paranoia though, and that's what keeps me up at night
That's not true at all for me. It eliminates any anxiety I have, which is great because I get pretty bad anxiety while I'm sober.

I'm the same way. I used to be on antidepressants years ago, and weed has made me feel better than they ever did.

Rallard
Rallard
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 01:44 AM Reply

marijuahana also kills 50 billion children annually from overconsumption specifically the devil's pipe known as the "bong toke"

pls be aware of this b4 u self medicate

ron paul 2012

wwwyzzerdd
wwwyzzerdd
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 03:01 AM Reply

Why don't you just stop being a bitch and fucking sleep rather than use that as an excuse to do drugs?

...or I mean, yeah #420blazeitfaggot!


BBS Signature
TheTrueZippy
TheTrueZippy
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 8/28/12 02:56 AM, CockGobbler wrote: I go to sleep after you get up. I woke up at 5pm today. No fucking clue how I'm gonna get to bed before like 10.

If it were up to me, I could just go to bed once i felt tired (around 2am) and wake up when I feel like it (around noon). But since I don't make the rules or the schedules at my school, I have to suck it up and go to bed/wake up early.

HeadbangingLegend
HeadbangingLegend
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 02:35 PM Reply

I'm a regular weed user and even I agree it's great for sleep! When I go to bed high I always have a very relaxed, undisturbed sleep. And it allows me to switch off my brain enough to doze off.


The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 04:18 PM Reply

I should totally take some dope then. I have huge problems with sleeping


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Boss
Boss
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Marijuana kills insomnia Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 8/28/12 04:18 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: I should totally take some dope then. I have huge problems with sleeping

do drugs

.


I'm an instigator

BBS Signature