New Topic Respond to this Topic
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-26 13:46:58 Reply

ok i'm stuck between these two and i don't know which one to get, any help on which is better? (and don't say get a different game because i have most legend of Zelda games)

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-26 14:05:43 Reply

Link to the Past.

Really though, if it's Wii only then get Skyward Sword. Only consider TP if it's the gamecube version, but even then I'd be leaning more towards Skyward Sword since TP sort of completely sucks.

imo

"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-26 15:01:02 Reply

I would say both are equally good to get. I personally prefer Twilight Princess, but it's up to you really. You're getting a great Zelda game either way around.

rockereaper
rockereaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-26 15:28:47 Reply

Between both I prefer Twilight Princess

Metal Hell
The cold wind and the snow of this night, whips my heart of pure ice
My cold blood is running through my veins, but my soul burns like an everlasting flame

BBS Signature
tahm10
tahm10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-26 15:33:33 Reply

Wand of Gamalon

In all seriousness, I'd say Skyward Sword. TP was great but didn't add much beyond furry system.

Join the Magikarp Army.
Psn: Creepydentures , Mostly play fighting games(Mvc3, street fighter 3, JJBA)
3ds: 4382 - 2022 - 6462 - Simons

BBS Signature
ToastedCupcake
ToastedCupcake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-26 16:04:06 Reply

Windwaker is the best anyways.

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature
MentalMyles
MentalMyles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-26 16:54:20 Reply

both are pretty good but if I had to choose. Probably Twilight Princess for the nostalgia value (just so many good times were happening while I played this game) :3

Yeah, I don't speak much...

BBS Signature
kmau
kmau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-26 17:24:59 Reply

Twilight Princess if Gamecube version, it has the best character development (for Zelda standards at least) in any Zelda game.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-26 20:00:40 Reply

For those giving the Wii some hate, I will say that playing Twilight Princess is more comfortable with a Gamecube controller. There is nothing wrong with using the Wii Remote and Nunchuck, it works just fine... truth be told I prefer using the Bow and Clawshot with the Wii Remote than I do with the Gamecube controller.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-27 03:04:50 Reply

I liked twilight princess the most. I haven't touched skyward sword since I beat it the first time and I just limped to the finish line when it came to actually beating the game which is something I didn't do with twilight princess.

I played twilight princess about 5 or more times I believe.

Skyward sword has better motion controls going for it I suppose but I still prefered the adventure and story of twilight princess.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-27 03:10:19 Reply

They're both great. But for some reason I enjoyed Twilight Princess more.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
sparkingAC195
sparkingAC195
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-27 11:16:46 Reply

Twilight Princess.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-27 11:38:57 Reply

Twilight Princess has a better more gripping story throughout, as opposed to Skyward Sword which had a decent motive throughout the game, but leaves the mind blowing stuff for thew final hours of play.

They both represent high point in terms of gameplay and design, both having breathtaking graphic styles, each with it's own direction, TP = moody, SS = artful.

SS uses better motion controls, but TP benefits from infrared aiming as well.

SS has puzzles outside the dungeons, which mean more time spent getting to the dungeons. TP actual dungeons are more intense and have some very clever puzzles.

Skyward Sword's overworld isn't very connected, since the sky is the only way to get to the three ground areas. TP has a vast and connected overworld, but is largely empty and mostly for show (you'll need a horse). TP did take me longer to finish if that means anything (though SS has a boss rush mode and a harder difficulty after beating it once).

Both are AAA games just to be clear.

Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-27 12:29:07 Reply

Hard to say, Twilight Princess is so much at home for me in what I want in a zelda game, but Skyward Sword just has incredibly more engaging characters and story. And I loved how everything, even the combat, came down to sort of a puzzle. Watching for the right way to strike your enemy, and hero's mode was delightfully challenging. Every Zelda game should have that sort of Masterquest-esque mode. But if I had to choose one, I think I would go back to Twilight Princess. I dunno, give me another year or so, and I might well change my mind. Zelda games take years to sink in, for me.

*sniff This is so beautiful. I remember this same conversation with the games being OoT and TP five years ago on just about every game board, and back then, it was nostalgic value vs. "new mainstream shit". Now, we can actually TALK about what we like and didn't like.

What about Windwaker? Oh yeah, the vocal zelda fanbase had collectively agreed upon never bringing up that game as it was the downfall of the whole series. Majora's Mask was a game most had not heard of, or dismissed as a cashcow Oot clone. Look how far we've come!

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-27 15:01:00 Reply

Twilight Princess, although Skyward Sword is really good as well.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-27 17:17:14 Reply

At 8/27/12 12:29 PM, Gustavos wrote:
What about Windwaker? Oh yeah, the vocal zelda fanbase had collectively agreed upon never bringing up that game as it was the downfall of the whole series. Majora's Mask was a game most had not heard of, or dismissed as a cashcow Oot clone. Look how far we've come!

I really am interested in both those games, but a Gamecube copy of Wind Waker will most likely be expensive, and I'd rather wait until the inevitable 3DS remake of MM to play that game.

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-27 17:20:22 Reply

At 8/27/12 12:29 PM, Gustavos wrote:
What about Windwaker? Oh yeah, the vocal zelda fanbase had collectively agreed upon never bringing up that game as it was the downfall of the whole series.

The fuck you say about Wind Waker?

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-27 23:14:29 Reply

At 8/27/12 05:20 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: The fuck you say about Wind Waker?

I think you missed the point. He's bringing up about how a majority of the Zelda fanbase denounced both Majora's Mask and Wind Waker upon their releases, however nowadays they are claiming them to be the best in the series. A complete about face if you will in some aspects.

If I know Gustavos well, he actually love Wind Waker.

BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-27 23:22:27 Reply

Skyward Sword. The only way to play a Wii Zelda game is to experience it with the Wii Motion Plus

:But if you want to save get Twilight Princess, Its $20 maximum at any store and it is also a very good game

The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-28 01:15:38 Reply

At 8/27/12 11:14 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I think you missed the point. He's bringing up about how a majority of the Zelda fanbase denounced both Majora's Mask and Wind Waker upon their releases, however nowadays they are claiming them to be the best in the series. A complete about face if you will in some aspects.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

If I know Gustavos well, he actually love Wind Waker.

Not my absolute favorite, but when marathoning the games, Windwaker is kind of the more relaxed, slower paced game, allowing you to reflect on the past game, which was likely majora's mask if you went in order. Good soundtrack too. Kind of annoying to 100% though.

At 8/27/12 05:17 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
I really am interested in both those games, but a Gamecube copy of Wind Waker will most likely be expensive, and I'd rather wait until the inevitable 3DS remake of MM to play that game.

Gamestop sells Windwaker at 30 dollars, which is steep for a last-gen game, assuming your local store holds it at all. A quick search on Amazon revealed even more expensive results. Sorry about that, chum. Here's hoping you have a friend with a copy of the game he'd let you borrow. Majora's Mask is available through the Wii's virtual console service in all regions for 1000 wii points, or 10 US dollars. It boast a very different kind of experience than other zelda games, and don't be afraid to search up a guide when you need help.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-28 08:13:10 Reply

At 8/26/12 03:15 PM, Protagonist wrote: Twilight princess is (IMO) boring, and tried to hard to be the next OOT. Everything seems do mundane and the art style is very bland and boring in favor of trying to look somewhat more realistic. The motion control was pretty lame too, unless you're getting it for gamecube. It's just meh.

I can agree with that to some degree. It's especially the art style that I didn't like and I also thought the exploration factor just wasn't there as much as it was in OoT, MM and WW (and pretty much any other Zelda game). Basically you were pushed forth by events and cutscenes and there wasn't much opportunity to explore anywhere because everything was just blocked off by huge, random, bottomless gaps.

So if you like Zelda for the exploring and adventuring I think TP would be a bad choice.

Anyway, I do have to say my opinion on the game improved a bit when I replayed it recently.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-28 10:34:14 Reply

I'd say Skyward Sword, it's so bright and colourful and keeps you occupied for months to come.

BBS Signature
Trebbok
Trebbok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-29 17:57:15 Reply

Twilight Princess. It's basically like a remake of Ocarina of Time but different and nice at the same time.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-29 21:48:11 Reply

At 8/29/12 05:57 PM, Trebbok wrote: Twilight Princess. It's basically like a remake of Ocarina of Time but different and nice at the same time.

Yeah, but keep in mind Ocarina of Time borrowed a lot from A Link to the Past and you could easily pass off A Link to the Past as a remake of The Legend of Zelda. What? They're two different games? Preposterous!

Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-29 21:53:59 Reply

twilight princess is infinitely better than skyward sword, it's not even a contest

hey

BBS Signature
berthon
berthon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-31 18:25:03 Reply

At 8/26/12 03:15 PM, Protagonist wrote: They're both bad. Especially Skyward Sword,

You make me sick, don't ever call yourself a Zelda fan.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-08-31 21:11:58 Reply

At 8/31/12 08:10 PM, Protagonist wrote:
No proper over-world, shoehorned motion controls, very buggy ( both TP and SS had a game breaking glitch ) extremely linear, more so than the previous titles and no proper day/night cycle. ( You have to sleep for night to come, and even so you cannot leave town and explore at night ). Repeated bosses ( How many fucking times do we have to fight that stupid shadow monster ) and lame bosses. ( The boss for the pirate ship looked like something out of a damn pixar movie ).

I would point out reasons why I disagree, but you'd find a way to start an endless cycle. Unless you really want to do that, I'm just going to say I disagree with you on most of those points (the shadow monster could have been done with only 2 battles).

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-09-01 02:05:13 Reply

At 8/31/12 08:10 PM,
Protagonist wrote:

Oh boy, Protagonist called my bluff, he must be really good at poker. Seriously, you think I'm bold enough to make claims that when not backed up will make me look foolish? Think again.

No proper over-world,

How so? The sky connected the three lands, and each area was large and had much more to do than just act as a place to walk on to get to the next dungeon. The overwolrd had lots of secrets, and acted like a mini outdoor dungeon when first entered, then opened up even more later on in the game. And don't even pretend the sky wasn't awesome.

shoehorned motion controls,

I wouldn't say so, the game played very well for me, and the controls made combat actually something to look forward to instead of an boring "circle the enemey/leap fest". The bombs, bug, and arrows were fun to use thanks to the controls.

very buggy ( both TP and SS had a game breaking glitch )

Though there is no excuse for having such a glitch in any game, that glitch was well publicized, and was easiky avoidable if you read online. Besides that, only one other glitch was brought to my attention, but a quick reset solved it. Mind pointing out some more?

extremely linear, more so than the previous titles

Why is that always brought up about this game? Why is that such a problem!? The original Zelda threw you into a world and said "save some princess", and was annoying without much help (before you tell me I've never played it, I have, I beat four dungeons with no guide). Making SS linear allowed lots of staged events puzzles amazing making a well thought-out and rreally cool story and game experience. And besides, it's not like it made you playnthe main story, there were sidequests, upgrades, bugs to catch, and little environmental nooks and crannies to explore.

and no proper day/night cycle. ( You have to sleep for night to come, and even so you cannot leave town and explore at night ).

I will admit this was a bit lame ( no flying and all), but what did you really want out a day night cycle? OoT just meant skeletons and night only stores (the latter if which SS had).

Repeated bosses ( How many fucking times do we have to fight that stupid shadow monster )

I didn't really like fighting Demise as a dinosaur, but it dud serve as a good plot devive to induce urgency. Ghirahim's battles were actually interesting, the first being intimidating, the second mostly a character development thing, and the third was probably the best and most difficult in the game (one of the series best I'd say).

and lame bosses. ( The boss for the pirate ship looked like something out of a damn pixar movie ).

I cannot believe how contradicting our opinions are. This game (I thought) had some really great bosses, The squid was really cool, the golden robot was great, the fireball was good, and the scorpion was probably the only real "meh" one.

So there you go. Endless loop initiation is up to you.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-09-01 11:06:42 Reply

Just wanted to mention that the only Zelda game I played is Twilight Princess (the only Nintendo console I have is a Wii). I absolutely loved it and would recommend it any time, but being new to the series I haven't played previous Zelda games to base my judgement on so perhaps you'll feel it was a disappointment if you've played previous Zelda games and compare it to them. Or perhaps not, a friend of mine who is a huge Zelda fan found Twilight Princess fantastic. This same friend also thought Skyward Sword was a huge let-down.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to skyward sword or twilight princess? 2012-09-01 22:39:22 Reply

At 9/1/12 08:36 AM, Protagonist wrote: At 9/1/12 02:05 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:: At 8/31/12 08:10 PM,
Oh boy, Protagonist called my bluff, he must be really good at poker. Seriously, you think I'm bold enough to make claims that when not backed up will make me look foolish? Think again.
Claims regarding a video game can make you look foolish?

Any argument, not just about videogames. You knew exactly what I meant.

Either way, as you can see I was right in assuming and endless loop would be created, and I can save us both time by saying that we disagree completely. Nice doing business with you, same time next week maybe?