New Topic Respond to this Topic
ToxInjection
ToxInjection
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Finding non-copyrighted loop? Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 06:16 PM Reply

I apologize if I'm putting this in the wrong place. I checked and no other thread really seems to fit.

Anyways, while making a new song, I'm trying my best to keep in mind that as the Audio Portal rules state, I can't use any sort of copyrighted samples in my songs, as it's someone else's work, etc etc. Thing is, I completely envisioned my track to have some soft rain in the background. Without it, I'd have to scrap the whole project altogether. I was wondering if there was a place for me to download a non-copyrighted rain loop, or any sort of non-copyrighted samples? Everything else I use in the song are various plugins for FL Studios, so this would be the only element of the song I need unique help with. Could anyone help?

INJECT yourself with some of these TOXic tunes! Get it, because tox-...I'm sorry:

Newgrounds Uploads | Soundcloud! :D

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Finding non-copyrighted loop? Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 06:27 PM Reply

I occasionally find good ones on Freesound.org but prepare to sift through a bunch of bad field recordings

midimachine
midimachine
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Finding non-copyrighted loop? Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 09:17 PM Reply

At 8/24/12 06:16 PM, ToxInjection wrote: I completely envisioned my track to have some soft rain in the background.

Have you got a microphone? Toronto's got rain predicted for Monday ;)

p.s. i am gay

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to Finding non-copyrighted loop? Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 09:33 PM Reply

At 8/24/12 06:16 PM, ToxInjection wrote: I apologize if I'm putting this in the wrong place. I checked and no other thread really seems to fit.

Anyways, while making a new song, I'm trying my best to keep in mind that as the Audio Portal rules state, I can't use any sort of copyrighted samples in my songs, as it's someone else's work, etc etc. Thing is, I completely envisioned my track to have some soft rain in the background. Without it, I'd have to scrap the whole project altogether. I was wondering if there was a place for me to download a non-copyrighted rain loop, or any sort of non-copyrighted samples? Everything else I use in the song are various plugins for FL Studios, so this would be the only element of the song I need unique help with. Could anyone help?

If you find some free rain sound effect, make sure they are copyright free. Sometimes you find ones that are "Royalty Free" but those aren't the same as copyright free.

Also, what these guys said, you could try recording some of your own as well.

Tydusis
Tydusis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Finding non-copyrighted loop? Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 10:26 PM Reply

If you have even just a cell phone, you can get some okay recordings if you can record it in 16-bit 44.1kHz.

There is a free app for that.

I got some decent recordings of rain and thunder with my cell phone - considering it's coming from a cell phone. All I really had to do was normalize the volume and put some audio cleanup presets (I think) in from Adobe Soundbooth and I got this.

you can hear some birds and other various animals in the background. I was just sitting on front porch in front of my front door for like 20 minutes. pretty relaxing...

The mic did clip due to intense high freq dB near the end, and it is pretty shitty quality if you're going to compare it to a proper cinematic sample, but a household microphone will do you just fine if you are using it like a pad or are introing your song using a scratchy/low sample rate instrument.

Feel free to sample that recording if you want, just some credit would be nice if you do.

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature