New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 16:41:05 Reply

I don't understand why we pay scientists as much as we do. It's just insane that they think they're worth as much money as they're paid! Their job is just soooooo eeaaaassssyy, it's just maths!

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 16:43:13 Reply

I wish you weren't kidding.

I generally feel that space exploration is a worthless study but I know I am practically alone in this thinking and so will not delve further in why I think so. I just do ok.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 16:43:13 Reply

You know what's a waste of money? Beetles.

Beetles are a waste of money.

War is Peace.
Freedom is Slavery.
Ignorance is Strength.

OBEY OBEY, YOU MUST OBEY, YOU CAN'T RESIST, DON'T BE THAT WAY, OBEY OBEY, WE'LL HAVE OUR WAY

Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 16:43:42 Reply

I know right, It's so easy to construct a fucking spaceship. I can do it with all 3 of my eyes closed.

"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature
Dragen
Dragen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 16:44:23 Reply

At 8/24/12 04:41 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: Their job is just soooooo eeaaaassssyy, it's just maths!

It seems to me you are jealous (jellyous, lol). Why don't you get that job yourself when they get so much money? The scientists might use their money for something good, maybe donating to something, so that wouldn't be a waste of money?

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 16:46:09 Reply

We could have done without space exploration, sure.
But we would never have Tang.

Nasa Is A Waste Of Money

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 16:47:40 Reply

You're trolling right? Because I think you might be trolling.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 16:48:57 Reply

At 8/24/12 04:43 PM, Gagsy wrote: I wish you weren't kidding.

I generally feel that space exploration is a worthless study but I know I am practically alone in this thinking and so will not delve further in why I think so. I just do ok.

Gagsy, if America made a yearly trip to the moon and got as much H3 (Helium 3) from there as a space shuttle is designed to carry, we could process it and power the country for an entire year. From one trip.

|XBL Gamertag: ShadowboltRD | Bronies before Hoenies| YenMuffin made my sig

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 16:50:08 Reply

You know what else is a waste of money? Humans.

Why do we spend so much money on helping humans live?

We should eat the humans.

Nasa Is A Waste Of Money

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 16:50:17 Reply

At 8/24/12 04:48 PM, Mumbo wrote:

Gagsy, if America made a yearly trip to the moon and got as much H3 (Helium 3) from there as a space shuttle is designed to carry, we could process it and power the country for an entire year. From one trip.

But I don't understand why we have to go to the moon for energy! Powering an entire country is sooooo eeeaaasssyy, it's just maths!

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 16:57:14 Reply

If. Why don't they then?

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 16:57:55 Reply

At 8/24/12 04:55 PM, 24901miles wrote: Some jagoff sciencist said there more rocks and fires and stuff in the universe than the earth alone. Like the earth is small to them stars.

OK, then why are stars so small, moron.

Fucking dumbass scientists think they no everything.

War is Peace.
Freedom is Slavery.
Ignorance is Strength.

OBEY OBEY, YOU MUST OBEY, YOU CAN'T RESIST, DON'T BE THAT WAY, OBEY OBEY, WE'LL HAVE OUR WAY

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 16:58:03 Reply

the nasa budget is only $20 Billion USD if anything disband the DEA and ATF and send the money there cut the Defense budget by 10% and give it to NASA.

Space exploration and colonization is mankinds savior.

Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 17:00:12 Reply

At 8/24/12 04:57 PM, Gagsy wrote:
If. Why don't they then?

Because government organizations have their shit priorities mixed up.

|XBL Gamertag: ShadowboltRD | Bronies before Hoenies| YenMuffin made my sig

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 17:02:27 Reply

At 8/24/12 04:58 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Space exploration and colonization is mankinds savior.

I agree, but there's one solid concern. We plan to colonize Mars. Earth has much more protection than Mars does, against many common concerns including gigantic rocks hurdling down and smacking the crust. I would be surprised if we could even gain half the resources in Mars that we can on Earth. And that's among many other things.

But hey, that's what NASA is for. I also feel it's their purpose to create technologies for use outside of space exploration. Their purpose stretches far and wide.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 17:06:28 Reply

If you watch this episode of QI Gagsy they talk about how people criticise exploring the universe and how it has resulted in such creations as the MRI machine which saves lots of lives. There is also a hot kiss between Rob Brydon and Ben Miller so it pretty much makes the episode perfect.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Gramiscus
Gramiscus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 17:06:34 Reply

Science is pretty cheap, actually. Scientists like to try and be McGuyver for the most part, doing a lot with a little. It's bureaucrats who waste money.

I'm looking at you, management majors and middle men.
Get a real job.

I go to school to study how high frequency sound waves can heal, ...or KILL.

HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 17:07:24 Reply

At 8/24/12 05:02 PM, Razz wrote:
At 8/24/12 04:58 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Space exploration and colonization is mankinds savior.
But hey, that's what NASA is for. I also feel it's their purpose to create technologies for use outside of space exploration. Their purpose stretches far and wide.

Like sexy robots? Or the complete genocide of beetles? To save Christmas?

War is Peace.
Freedom is Slavery.
Ignorance is Strength.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 17:07:51 Reply

At 8/24/12 05:01 PM, 24901miles wrote: Cut the defense budget by 10% and disband the DEA and ATF so that a bunch of fully armed cartels can take over our NASA facilities? Are you out of your mind?

ATF and DEA are useless. if anything those issues can be solved by Border Patrol and the FBI. The Defense Budget is 1.5 Trillion even 5% of it being cut and allocated to NASA would do alot.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 17:09:42 Reply

At 8/24/12 05:06 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:

If you watch this episode of QI Gagsy they talk about how people criticise exploring the universe and how it has resulted in such creations as the MRI machine which saves lots of lives.

Actually it may have been on this episode, I forgot

There is also a hot kiss between Rob Brydon and Ben Miller so it pretty much makes the episode perfect.

Either way the kiss is still hot

You know you like it Gagsy.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
doctor
doctor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 17:14:04 Reply

woah watch ouT we got an EPIC trolled xD

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 17:26:04 Reply

At 8/24/12 05:09 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
Actually it may have been on this episode, I forgot

I don't agree with animal experimentation either Mikey. I can't deny what its done for medical science either. I just don't have to like it.

Either way the kiss is still hot

You know you like it Gagsy.

Trust me, I've seen that episode before and that kiss many more times still. Never gets old, never get unhot.

BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 17:34:11 Reply

I think NASA is a good cause because we need to be able to have colonies on other planets eventually. You may call me stupid or insane but you can't deny we're going to need a new source of none-renewable resources in the future.

SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 17:47:56 Reply

OP's point is stupid.The only reason why Nasa is real waste of money is because exploring the space is something worthless IMO

Bitte Nazi mods keine bannerino, weil ich ein Nazi Schwein als ihr bin. Danke schön!

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 18:00:47 Reply

Space discovery and Colonization will be man kinds only hope once we use up a majority of earth's natural resources so we just better start now, Colonization and mining in space is a worth while venture.

Laughingbox
Laughingbox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 18:08:48 Reply

Since we're talking about NASA and not just space exploration, it's fair to bring up some other things that they invented too.

Veritas est index sui et falsi. (Truth is the criterion of itself and the false.)
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero. (Sieze the day; trust little in tomorrow.)

kaiser-d
kaiser-d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 18:51:08 Reply

Figuring out new things is never a waste of money. What is a huge waste of money is continuing to pour trillions of dollars into building more military tech for no purpose other than satisfying defense contractors who have lobbied the shit out of congress. We already have enough military to literally wipe any country off the face of the planet tenfold if we wanted to. We only fight long drawn out wars because contractors with entrenched interests in Washington, such as Haliburton, somehow manage to keep landing exclusive bids on reconstruction projects for thousands of times more money than it should cost (I wonder why this is?). The fact is it is a massive drain on our economy, actually about half of our total budget goes to this needless bullshit. We could have actually funded several thousand Mars rovers with just the money we spent on Afghanistan last year alone. We keep using nuclear arms as an excuse, despite the fact that none of the countries who supposedly have nuclear programs have even the slightest clue how to fire a missile more than a thousand miles past their own borders, nor is there solid evidence that any of them have actual weapons programs. Geiger counters pick up radiation so there's little risk of a bomb coming over here on a boat or plane and making it though customs, it's just a scare tactic to legitimize wasting money. As long as it is profitable to do so for someone with a lot of power it will continue. This isn't even helping anyone with anything either. It's just blowing up people, making shitloads of enemies for the US all over the planet and bankrupting the entire country. If the country's economy actually does collapse, the people who made it happen will have long since packed up, sent the money they bilked us for to Switzerland and the Caymans and gotten the fuck out of Dodge, leaving everyone else to clean up their mess. We'll probably find some way to blame it all on poor people when it happens too, because we're dicks like that.

FB | Blog
If you ever wondered who to blame for your problems, find a mirror.

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 18:54:38 Reply

Don't worry, I have the same opinion. Sure, I'd be perfectly fine with is using surplus money or shit like that, but as it is, we're just burning money we don't have to fund shit we don't need because people who don't pay will complain

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
kaiser-d
kaiser-d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 18:55:12 Reply

At 8/24/12 06:51 PM, kaiser-d wrote: cont'd

Before all you military buffs get your jimmies all rustled, I'm not even talking about actual military personell either, who make up only a very small fraction of military spending. The vast majority of our defense budget goes to bullshit, lobbying, and rebuilding shit that we blew up in the first place in the most inefficient expensive means possible.

FB | Blog

BBS Signature
kaiser-d
kaiser-d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Nasa Is A Waste Of Money 2012-08-24 18:57:54 Reply

And then of course there's this.

FB | Blog

BBS Signature