New Topic Respond to this Topic
homsarrunner3
homsarrunner3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
What's your story? 2012-08-23 12:23:13 Reply

What I want to know in this thread is, what is the synopsis of your time on Newgrounds? I bet that each of you has your own interesting story to tell. Don't be embarassed to tell about the dumbass things you did when you were new, it happened to everybody! (except maybe SpeedoSausage) Here is my story:

I was introduced to NG by my friend Brian, many years ago. He showed me the hilarious Tails and his GBA series. I was intrigued by the website, but could not access it at my own home, because my parents didn't think it was appropriate for me (they were probably right). It wasn't until a few years later when I got my own computer and decided to see if the site was still active. Turns out it was, and I made an account. That's where things got strange.

When I first came on this website, I pretended I was an elf IRL.

I don't even know what the fuck I was thinking. However, this was mostly in blog posts, not so much on the BBS.

Then, after being trolled for a while because of this, something happened. I discovered how many idiots there were on Newgrounds, and joined forces with the trolls who had previously bugged me. And over time, I transformed from the very definition of a newfag, into a worldly-wise destroyer of idiocy.

The trolls have mostly all left NG at this point, and I now realize that what I was doing was going a bit too far. So I softened a bit, and that's where I am today. I still have little tolerance for poor spelling and grammar, as well as young users with Sonic or Yoshi for their images.

That's my NG story. What is yours?

"lol what the fuck that's the best grammar nazi I've ever seen"-Sause, referring to me
"learn to suck some good dick. itll come in handy." -Luis on living in San Francisco

homsarrunner3
homsarrunner3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to What's your story? 2012-08-23 13:11:15 Reply

bump because more people are online now.

"lol what the fuck that's the best grammar nazi I've ever seen"-Sause, referring to me
"learn to suck some good dick. itll come in handy." -Luis on living in San Francisco

SpeedoSausage
SpeedoSausage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Animator
Response to What's your story? 2012-08-23 13:18:34 Reply

heck you talkin bout, boy, everything I say or do is an embarrassment.

But yeah, I lurked on this site LONG before I joined, think I first visited when I was 13 maybe. Back when I was a super cool dude with bitches crawling all over my hot body (aka back when I was a dork who used Chatango) I used to regular a chatbox which had some pretty weird people. One guy linked me to "The Ultimate Orgy" and my eyes widened and glistened with joy. Just spent the next few years watching junk before I decided to learn how to use Flash and hey presto, joined in March.

BBS Signature
TacoFreak
TacoFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to What's your story? 2012-08-23 13:41:48 Reply

My face when people still go on this terrible forum

What's your story?

homsarrunner3
homsarrunner3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to What's your story? 2012-08-23 14:00:24 Reply

At 8/23/12 01:41 PM, TacoFreak wrote: My face when people still go on this terrible forum

I must say, you have a very hairy neck.

Vasconium
Vasconium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to What's your story? 2012-08-23 14:54:36 Reply

After getting pissed off by the multiple times SA blocked access to their forums, i decided to look somewhere to lurk around a bit. I remembered that back in my wee days, I used to play a lot around here (mostly gadgets), and knew that they had a forum, so I stayed here for a year before finally signing up back in March or so.

Fun to play with, even better to eat.

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to What's your story? 2012-08-23 15:04:38 Reply

Guess I'll give mine. My memory is kinda hazy though

I believe it was my brother and his friend that got me into Newgrounds. They would sometimes look up decent games to play, and me being the little brother, I would try to annoy them, but instead also got caught up in some of the games they played. I wanna say this was 7 years ago or so, so I naturally didn't have an account then, nor did the thought of making one come up.

Skip ahead about 2 years, and I have my own computer when living with my father, internet connection and all. I was searching up websites I could use when I remembered "that one gold and black website with the tank games". A couple of searches later, and I stumble across Newgrounds, instantly recognizing the logo. I didn't make an account now either, simply just played games and watched animations (my absolute favorite back then being the Madness series). After a while, I thought that making an account would be a good idea, because then I could save my favorite games and animations, rate them, and review them, all free. As a result, this was also how I discovered the hentai section of Newgrounds, and thus learned about fapping.

It wasn't until another 2 years later while living with my mother that I even knew what the BBS was. I'll admit that my first few posts were not the fanciest around (one was me basically saying "I PLAY VIDEO GAMES I WANNA BE A MERCENARY NOW! unfortunately"), but I'm sure we've all had our dark times. After being active but still rather obscure in the forums for a year or two, I just kinda drifted out of Newgrounds, losing any and all interest in it, figuring not too many people cared for that Klobb17 fellow. It wasn't until earlier this year that I thought "deviantArt is lame and Facebook is a bore. Hey, I should start using Newgrounds!" Slowly my post count would gradually rise after becoming a fairly active (yet probably still obscure, though maybe not as much as others) user and here I am.

TL;DR My brother is the source.
BizzarroPMP
BizzarroPMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to What's your story? 2012-08-23 17:11:58 Reply

My story?

Why, I was a young man raised in abusive home by my aunt and uncle, who made me live inside a cupboard. Then one day I found out I was a wizard, accepted into the premier school of magic in my country. But everything was not better from there, I'm afraid, for there were many dangers in the wizarding world I needed to overcome.

Zeppelyn: Since when does the bladder control the "poo poo"?
convict357: Um, you mean you f*ck chickens, turkeys are male chickens.

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to What's your story? 2012-08-23 17:18:32 Reply

I was introduced to Newgrounds by my brothers. I then introduced it to kids in school. Joined in order to praise the first games I played here (such as Nicholas Weird Adventure and that Eddie Murphy one.)

I did not use my account until I was a little more mature. But early on I did try to attack some trolls that made flash that got me offended. Because it was blatantly racist and I thought that was against the rules.

Nothing embarrassing came out of that and soon I made some alts. Trolled and spammed a bit myself. Trolled some trolls even. Gained many followers. Fame and fortune. Had lots of fun.
Killed time on Poder's chat. Quit. Came back after all my old friends disappeared.
Finally joined in the bbs and recieved little to no attention for my postings.

And that is my entire uneventful life on newgrounds.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
mushroomn
mushroomn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Programmer
Response to What's your story? 2012-08-23 17:21:36 Reply

I was on newgrounds in the summer between 6th and 7th grade (2005), I used the flash movies (adult section) to explore my incoming puberty. It was a weird summer, I was alone mostly. In 7th and 8th grade I was bullied a lot, middle school times were rough and I had 2 good friends that I spent the weekends with. The weekdays I spent in misery though. My dad worked late, my mom and my sister traveled for my sister's skating. I was home alone for at least 4 hours everyday without anything to do. So shortly after turning 13 I made my newgrounds account. My first big movement was complaining about the Clock and Kitty Krew movies as I related it very closely to the bullying I was receiving. Then in 8th grade, I posted nonstop. I made the majority of the posts I have today in that academic year. Most of it was trolling. I was lonely and bored and I had learned Newgrounds was not a place to make friends so trolling offered a funny reaction I could at least enjoy laughing at.

Once 9th grade started I started playing football, because I was fat and tall, I actually became somewhat good at it rather quickly. Long story short I wasn't hugely popular in high school but I played football through out, had a lot more friends, had a much bigger social life, got laid a lot more.

Now I'm in college, living a swell life but still stop by NG on the times where I'm bored, often to shake shit up. I'm eternally grateful for NG for being in my life during the years where I was alone and miserable

Mushroomn. 6 years later it's kind of a dumbass name. Sorry about that

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 36
Musician
Response to What's your story? 2012-08-23 17:24:57 Reply

*looks around*
I don't have a "story"
I lurked Newgrounds from like 2006-2007 and stopped like right before the last redesign.
Afterwards I completely forgot about it til I saw my brother on it and made an account. Thats pretty much it.

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to What's your story? 2012-08-23 23:34:37 Reply

A long time ago in either third or fourth grade, I discovered Newgrounds from either my friends talking about Dragon Ball Z videos or by myself searching Dragon Ball Z stuff. So I watched a bunch of those which were super innappropriate (vegeta dead sexy and some others) along with the adult section, so I would be discrete in visiting. Then, a few years later, I came back and watched more stuff, wishing I had the damn program to make my own cartoons. I made an account so I could either write a review or have a favorites list. Around 2010/2011 or so, I started hittin the site hardcore and exploring the whole thing, along with using the forum. I also got my hands on Flash, so I was incredibly happy to finally post movies on here.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to What's your story? 2012-08-23 23:41:06 Reply

You can read my story in my interview.
Link is in my sig