00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Corporation

895 Views | 14 Replies

The Corporation 2012-08-22 18:05:00

Any one watch this movie? It's kind of funny, i'll try to summarize what I seen here:

Corporations invent all this new shit that creates greatness but is bad for the world. Plunders the shit out of the earths resources. Big tycoons are nice guys have small homes live small lives, the corporation is a seperate entity from them and they never intended for any of these bad things to happen it's just how it manifested itself.

Certain corporations are more evil than others for example: monsanto, probably the worst megacorp ever created, deaths and suffering comparable to Hyroshima and Nagasaki.

It kind of starts off about Slavery and how it was amended in the constitution and certain lobbyists would find loopholes to exploit labour yet still. It's odd later because all of the individuals in suits are posed against a black background perhaps to expose their white skin.

There are smart black savvy people in the movie don't get me wrong, I just think it's ironic. They go on to deplore about how all the people dying in the world trade centers was impeccably good for certain economic respects and how some people gained immensley when it fell (not really the point here).

Anyway, corporations are out of control, they don't have to answer to anyone. They're psychopathic because they don't live within any of the human constraints of a model utopian society. They pay millions to billions every year in criminal damages to the earth and human suffering and so on.

Final thought on this movie, the war for oil is ever compounding. We need to use capitalism and so on to harness solar power, cold fusion, geothermal heat, wind power, w/e to reduce the amount of global stress that revolves around the trade of oil before it comes back to our own lands to haunt us and destroys our own earth. If some asshole some where fucks up something it's over for all of us. Half of all of germany's power was running off of of solar power. Why can't electric cars be more prevelant in today's society? They probably break down less for fuck sakes.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to The Corporation 2012-08-22 18:11:17

Nuclear power = nuclear waste. It's a bitch. Never goes away, super toxic. Not a perfect answer...

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to The Corporation 2012-08-22 18:34:06

At 8/22/12 06:11 PM, swaenK wrote: Nuclear power = nuclear waste. It's a bitch. Never goes away, super toxic. Not a perfect answer...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45153076/ns/technology_and_scien ce-science/t/italian-cold-fusion-machine-passes-another-test /

Most recent positive news on the cold fusion.

War = the worst thing ever, and it's fueled by oil. THERE WOULD BE NO WORLD WARS WITHOUT OIL. War nations will start doing disturbing things to keep their war machines running.

Imagine flying in a super light glider that doesn't need a runway to take off and runs off a cold fusion reactor that only weighs 10 pounds instead of a 50 lb battery or some god damn 500 lb engine.

It took years to make 'super computers' pocket sized. Imagine what 30 years could look like if everyone used their buying power properly for fuck sakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjmUshyWTZQ

After your little personal flying contraption lifted off without a runway it would drop it's fucking after burners into gear and you could cross the atlantic in less than 10 hours.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to The Corporation 2012-08-22 18:51:44

The movie also goes on about how most major corporations still traded with Nazi Germany throughout world war 2.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to The Corporation 2012-08-22 19:40:50

You bring up a lot of subjects... Every farmer knows of Monsanto, and it's ownership of its brand GM soybean - NO ONE is permitted to use any other kind in the US, claiming it can cross pollinate and infringe its patent. Anything that can grow in Round-Up can't be good, mainly because that plant killer is very toxic to the human body.

You say corporations are out of control. They are the ones IN control, and have been for many decades. I believe they are all complicit. The worst corporation by far is the Federal Reserve, which is a privately held company, that tells our Treasury and Mint how much money to produce and who gets it (look for The American Dream toon on YouTube).

I haven't seen this movie, but I can assure you, the more devastating facts are omitted. No one movie will tell you all the truth, or be able to. Suffice it to day, the privileged agents of these entities are the true rulers of our (Western world) and have been, in one form or another, for countless centuries. Take it from someone who's been in the media, they will watch and act if you get out of line..... why else would the Islamic 'extremists' make such a fuss over our way of life? Because they can see it is slavery and it will expand to all corners of the globe.

I'm done beating this dead horse, but if you could put up an imdb/wiki link to the movie, I'm sure it will help soften the blow for what the "Network" has in store for us.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Corporation 2012-08-28 16:45:03

At 8/22/12 07:40 PM, VicariousE wrote: I haven't seen this movie, but I can assure you, the more devastating facts are omitted. No one movie will tell you all the truth, or be able to. Suffice it to day, the privileged agents of these entities are the true rulers of our (Western world) and have been, in one form or another, for countless centuries. Take it from someone who's been in the media, they will watch and act if you get out of line..... why else would the Islamic 'extremists' make such a fuss over our way of life? Because they can see it is slavery and it will expand to all corners of the globe.

I'm done beating this dead horse, but if you could put up an imdb/wiki link to the movie, I'm sure it will help soften the blow for what the "Network" has in store for us.

Can't deny that cheap labour reduces operation costs...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379225/ <---- IMDb

in other news a flying car i've designed(:

The Corporation

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to The Corporation 2012-08-28 16:46:44

a more flyable design that would probably come before the first one in my previous post. the concept is it uses gas and it does not need a landing strip to take off.

The Corporation

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to The Corporation 2012-08-29 14:17:44

At 8/28/12 05:14 PM, 24901miles wrote: I watched this on Hulu when you made the thread.

Don't have much to say, this is all the same idiocy that I've been hearing and reading about on the news my entire life.

Yeah but they sugar coat it so you feel better about the american monopoly.

If I was in the middle of a war I would want to profit off my enemy regardless, that possibly would condone trading? I think the movie catch 22 is kind of a funny anecdote on trading during war times...

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to The Corporation 2012-08-29 15:07:45

For anyone interested, the Corporation book is a very good read.

"If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane." -Diki

Response to The Corporation 2012-08-29 16:13:04

At 8/22/12 06:11 PM, swaenK wrote: Nuclear power = nuclear waste. It's a bitch. Never goes away, super toxic. Not a perfect answer...

You act like all the CO2 produced from burning fossil fuels just goes away. It doesn't.

Response to The Corporation 2012-08-31 16:38:16

At 8/29/12 04:13 PM, Scarface wrote:
You act like all the CO2 produced from burning fossil fuels just goes away. It doesn't.

Yes it does, it just takes 30+ years. The oceans eat up a majority of it, massive increase in oceanic plant matter. Carbon = plant matter essentially.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to The Corporation 2012-08-31 16:51:21

At 8/31/12 04:40 PM, Xenomit wrote:
1. collect all the nuclear waste into a massive series of containers

2. Put them aboard a space bound rocket

3. use air pressure to launch the containers into deep space

4. Profit

Cost too much. Perty suuure. I hate wind turbines I think they're kind of dumb. I do love solar though. Why can't it work?

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to The Corporation 2012-08-31 17:26:29

Seems interesting, almost like The Inconvenient Truth

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to The Corporation 2012-09-07 16:08:46

Because a 3 million dollar solar farm made up of 2 thousand mirrors and a pump system is really, really inefficient

Solar wind farms would be much better, if we could successfully transfer energy cyberneticaly. Which isn't too far away.

Well good news www.ecat.com seems to be operational.

"The ECAT is a short form for Energy Catalyzer. It is basically a fusion reactor that can produce nuclear size energy output at room temperature or temperatures close to room temperature.
It utilizes low energy nuclear reactions, so called LENRs, to generate vast amounts of energy. It burns Nickel and Hydrogen as fuels and produce Copper as the only by-product. A very small reactor core (20cm x 20cm x 4cm) is capable of producing a kW sized output for a long duration of time (month) at negligible fuel cost.
This technology is revolutionary and the implications are vast. It will define the next era of energy production and render the fossil fuels obsolete as it is cheap and 100% green.
The first generation of ECATs will primarily be used for home heating."

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to The Corporation 2012-09-07 19:01:45

At 8/29/12 02:33 PM, BizzarroPMP wrote: Your corporation should do business with my company.

We're already doing business, but you don't know it.

hurp

BBS Signature