• 35 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds The Desktop Only Website Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 12:57 PM Reply

At 8/21/12 09:05 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 8/21/12 08:06 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: No, as it works fine on iPad, apart from Flash.
I don't consider NG to be fine on mobile, there's a lot we need to do to provide a better mobile experience.

Also, I am posting off of a phone.

mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Newgrounds The Desktop Only Website Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 01:08 PM Reply

The HTML5 player on youtube is faster and Chrome supports the fuck out of it so I joined the trial
youtube.com/HTML5
Be hipster guys while you still can.

original I am.

BBS Signature
egg82
egg82
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds The Desktop Only Website Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 01:42 PM Reply

At 8/21/12 01:36 AM, ExtraLife wrote: Is Newgrounds headed towards becoming a "desktop-only" website?

Thoughts?

It's not "headed towards" becoming one, it is one.

Think about it. Think about your favorite flash games. Now tell me how well they'll run in an iPhone. Or a tablet.
There's a reason NG isn't supporting smaller platforms. It's because there's just no point to do so. The main purpose of the site would be completely lost on handheld devices.

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
camobch0
camobch0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds The Desktop Only Website Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 02:01 PM Reply

Well newgrounds is and has always been a laptop/desktop site really. It's never been well optimized for anything smaller than 13".

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds The Desktop Only Website Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 02:25 PM Reply

I use a laptop or desktop on NG. Both work fine.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Zombified
Zombified
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds The Desktop Only Website Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 12:24 PM Reply

I would prefer it actually. I never browse the web from my phone anyways. Too tedious imo.

BBS Signature