00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Mandolinists!

1,189 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Newgrounds Mandolinists! 2012-08-20 18:47:45

Hey guys, I haven't been an a very vocal part of the community in a few years. I used to post on the art forum when I was like 13. But I still had my account and still checked the site every day. My passion has switched from a childhood love of throwing paint on walls to a much more serious passion for music. I started playing mandolin 4 years ago and have grown rapidly as a musician. I was wondering, are there any other mandolin players out there?

I play an Eastman 515 with LR Baggs pickups/preamps, and an Eastwood Mandocaster which is run into a Fuzzface, Crybaby Wah, RV-5, PH-3, and Jam Man Looper.

I will continue to row my fake canoe

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Mandolinists! 2012-08-20 19:24:46

It's funny how this thread popped up today. I posted on my Facebook a few hours ago about my random sudden urge to buy a mandolin.

Response to Newgrounds Mandolinists! 2012-08-20 19:33:34

I own one, but don't play it as much as my guitar. I know basic chords and such though. It always ends up hurting my fingers more than just playing guitar though. I suppose it's the double strings.

Response to Newgrounds Mandolinists! 2012-08-21 00:50:19

At 8/20/12 06:56 PM, Lasse wrote: got a 1945 levin

That's awesome! Where did you manage to find that in what I assume was good condition? The mandolin is a very addicting instrument. You just have to listen to the right players. I play many genres and styles of music that aren't exactly orthodox for the mandolin. I play a lot of bluegrass and blues, but also rock and funk. Keep at it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Mandolinists! 2012-08-21 01:00:43

At 8/20/12 07:33 PM, SineRider wrote: I own one, but don't play it as much as my guitar. I know basic chords and such though. It always ends up hurting my fingers more than just playing guitar though. I suppose it's the double strings.

That's interesting, what kind of mandolin is it? I'd expect that your calluses from playing guitar would be hard enough that the mandolin wouldn't really do much. Most of my guitar playing friends actually have tougher calluses than mine.

BBS Signature