Um, no...the world is not going to end.
1a. Neither of the Cleveland sports teams have won championships in a long time, and the Indians quickly threw themselves out of contention by losing 17 of their last 20. The other two teams, even if they didn't suck, wouldn't have championship games before 2013.
1b. And the Cubs are crap as well.
2. Snooki's child is likely to be born sometime around September or so, not on 12/21/2012.
3. There are no IHOP's in the Dayton area (where I live), and none are planned to open there anytime soon. We still get bombarded with ads, though.
4. No signs of Paris Hilton having a child.
5. We are not going to see Sarah Palin or Oprah Winfrey as president.
6. Division by zero has messed things up before, but has not caused anything apocalyptic. Heck, Earthbound on the SNES was capable of that if an enemy's final attack killed your party.
But something may happen on 12/21/2012...
We might see a bunch of believers off themselves before the supposed end happens...I wonder if they will be nominated for Darwin Awards...
And what will happen is the end of sales for 12/21/2012 based merchandise. After all, remember how there was all that Y2K merchandise?