Be a Supporter!

Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter

  • 3,173 Views
  • 74 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ManDeep
ManDeep
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Artist
Response to Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter 2012-08-26 17:13:57 Reply

Every time i'm in the video game forum and i see you, there is a big, 1 page long argument going on.
The catch is that these things never go anywhere, don't you ever get tired coming up with a witty response?

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter 2012-08-26 20:47:18 Reply

Jesus, you guys are putting way too much time and passion into an argument over some freaking games.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter 2012-08-26 20:51:32 Reply

At 8/26/12 03:02 PM, Protagonist wrote: Dark Shadowblade: Everything I say is right, if you're wrong you're an IDIOT! lolol games need elitism to be good.

Keep spouting the same arguments, and for gods sake proof read your posts

Nah, I rather have somewhat understandable posts rather then terrible posts that contain completely unfactual information.

. If you're going to call people an idiot, learn the different between your and you're. Either way, you keep repeating yourself and not adding anything new to the argument.

I'm disputing your argument while you have yet to refute any of mine. Please try harder.

You fail to see any point anyone else is trying to make, and you wont shut the hell up about how l33t you are ( despite how irrelevant it is ) and putting brands on people you don't know in real life.

Never said L33t or any of that BS. I said SF has made me money in the past and it's evident you are terrible at the game and lack knowledge on Both SF and Mortal Kombat.


Oh and by the way, being good at one game doesn't make you the worlds best player.''

Thank you, Captain of the U.S Obvious. Please continue to tell me that being good at basketball, does not make you the world's best basketball player. Please continue to tell me that being good at golf doesn't make you the best golfer, etc.

I may not be better than you in SF, but there are tons of games I can be miles ahead of you in skill in.

Insulting my skill at games without a shred of factual or textual evidence... Great argument here, wtf are you? 13? Thank you for proving my point of you being a scrub @ SF!

Fighting games are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to E-sports, so get off your high horse. You ain't anything special.

lolno. FGC> Esports

"WAAAH SOMEONE PROVED ALL MY BULLSHIT ARGUMENTS WRONG, WAAAAH"
"I got it! I'll insult his gaming skills and bring not a single piece of factual evidence to the table! Yeah! That'll shut him up!"

Continue being wrong plz.


Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter 2012-08-26 21:00:18 Reply

At 8/26/12 02:52 PM, II2none wrote:
At 8/26/12 08:50 AM, DarkShadowblade wrote: Congrats, another dumbass post! Did I say MK doesn't teach you anything or did I say it doesn't teach you fundamentals? FFS, you like the other dumbass lacks reading comprehension.
The fundamentals based on what? Each game has their own fundamentals.

Most Fighting games are based concrete elements that carry on from game to game. Fundamentals in Fighting games are described as Those things that carry on from most game to game (Footsies, Combos, etc.). SF teaches most Fighting game players the MOST fundamentals that will carry on from game to game.

In SF, you have to worry about all of these things that will carry on to game to game
Footsies
Links
Hit Confirming
Frame data
Proper Blocking
Execution
Proraition
Hitstun
etc.

The only thing that Really carries over from MK is Zoning and footsies. MK has no execution barrier, and none of the other things that I have mentioned.

The forum is a PLACE for discussion and debating, why the hell is it odd for people to be discussing and debating games? Games are just another medium for competition.


Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter 2012-08-29 16:14:12 Reply

At 8/26/12 09:28 PM, Protagonist wrote:
At 8/26/12 08:51 PM, DarkShadowblade wrote: Continue being wrong plz.
lol. E-sports are significant, and you aren't either. This whole argument you've pretty much ignored all mine and continued to talk about how important these things are to fighting games.

Wrong, I have constantly addressed every aspect of each of your arguments. Doesn't help much that all of them are wrong and have no factual evidence though,

News flash, games are for fun, not for wanna-be basement atheletes.

Games are fun, but getting paid for gaming is fun too.

:Which you AREN'T apart of. You ask for evidence of my skill, I don't care to show because i don't give a fuck.

Because you lack skill and have no basis to argue off of.

You whoever claim you're so MLG e-sports champion. Please give some of the evidence you've been asking me to show.

lol MLG in FIghting games. Did I not give you factual Frame data time and time and again? Please show me any shred of evidence you have displayed throughout this entire argument.


By all means, show me, what you have that's so significant that I would be genuinely amazed at the amount of skill you have In SF and fighting games as a whole. Otherwise, shut the fuck up about how scrubby that is, and how l33t this is.

You mentioned "l33t", you are a scrub because you obviously lack knowledge of the game you are arguing against.

Thank you for proving my point.


Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter 2012-08-29 16:17:25 Reply

At 8/26/12 09:28 PM, Protagonist wrote:
At 8/26/12 08:51 PM, DarkShadowblade wrote: Continue being wrong plz.
lol. E-sports are significant, and you aren't either. This whole argument you've pretty much ignored all mine and continued to talk about how important these things are to fighting games.

Wrong, I have constantly addressed every aspect of each of your arguments. Doesn't help much that all of them are wrong and have no factual evidence though,

News flash, games are for fun, not for wanna-be basement atheletes.

Games are fun, but getting paid for gaming is fun too. Once again, irrelevant to the argument.

Which you AREN'T apart of. You ask for evidence of my skill, I don't care to show because i don't give a fuck.

Because you lack skill and have no basis to argue off of.

You whoever claim you're so MLG e-sports champion. Please give some of the evidence you've been asking me to show.

lol MLG in FIghting games. Did I not give you factual Frame data time and time and again? Please show me any shred of evidence you have displayed throughout this entire argument. Did I not prove that Fundamentals do not carry on from MK but carry on from SF?
If your asking about my gameplay, that's a red herring and irrelevant to the conversation.


By all means, show me, what you have that's so significant that I would be genuinely amazed at the amount of skill you have In SF and fighting games as a whole. Otherwise, shut the fuck up about how scrubby that is, and how l33t this is.

You mentioned "l33t", you are a scrub because you obviously lack knowledge of the game you are arguing against.

Thank you for proving my point.

Disregard my last post, I suck phallus objects.


Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
berthon
berthon
  • Member since: Feb. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter 2012-08-31 18:29:17 Reply

At 8/22/12 12:23 PM, Quinny wrote: Tekken > Street Fighter > KOF > Virtua Fighter > WWE > Pillow fight > Mortal Kombat

You forgot DOA


BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter 2012-09-01 17:26:44 Reply

At 8/26/12 09:00 PM, DarkShadowblade wrote:

The forum is a PLACE for discussion and debating, why the hell is it odd for people to be discussing and debating games? Games are just another medium for competition.

Obviously I don't have a problem when the discussion of games but elitism is annoying.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature