New Topic Respond to this Topic
Waterflame
Waterflame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 04:47 PM Reply

See the thing that gets me is that I have always been utterly terrible at this. My ability to craft an emotional piece rather than simply a catchy one has always depended more on luck than my mood. This has been a source of extreme frustration for me.

Don't look at it as "i have to beat my opponent", it takes ouf the aspect of what makes this fun! in my opinion its about learning from the others in the competition more than anything. im terrible at leaving reviews, but i do listen to them all. :)
im sure you can do it, you have great talent, as far as im concerned! your tracks is great :D The most important thing is to just have fun with it! i know you might feel pressure, but just pretend its not for anything spesific. just make a song to amuse yourself :D make yourself smile, then others will follow, im sure!

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 05:47 PM Reply

On that note, I really wonder where everyone else went... Only less than five days left and only four of us have submitted.

AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature
OpenLight
OpenLight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 06:06 PM Reply

At 8/28/12 05:47 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: On that note, I really wonder where everyone else went... Only less than five days left and only four of us have submitted.

People like submitting at the last second as if it'll give them some competitive edge I suppose.

As long as the songs submitted are done with some feeling and aren't recycled synths and themes from every other song I'm fine with them taking a while haha, though I am curious what everyone else is working on. Everything so far is great.

Bosa
Bosa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 06:35 PM Reply

At 8/28/12 06:06 PM, OpenLight wrote: I am curious what everyone else is working on. Everything so far is great.

It's a surprise. But if you must know, my submission is going to be a Tuba and Cimbasso duet. I think it'll give me the competitive edge that you were talking about.

Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 06:40 PM Reply

At 8/28/12 05:47 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: On that note, I really wonder where everyone else went... Only less than five days left and only four of us have submitted.

Generally most songs are posted in the last two days of a round. Everyone who didn't submit yet should've also received a reminder too.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Demon-Slayer12
Demon-Slayer12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 07:16 PM Reply

Damn, I got 5 days to finish my song and I barely started. Forgive me, I've just started a new job and I've been flat out, I really hope to get something done in the next couple days. Considering I had my first song wrote in the first week, and spent another week mastering, I really hope this song is better somehow, if I even finish it.. :S

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 08:10 PM Reply

Yep, gonna have to make a song in a day again :V

p.s. i am gay

OpenLight
OpenLight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 09:28 PM Reply

At 8/28/12 06:35 PM, Bosa wrote:
At 8/28/12 06:06 PM, OpenLight wrote: I am curious what everyone else is working on. Everything so far is great.
It's a surprise. But if you must know, my submission is going to be a Tuba and Cimbasso duet. I think it'll give me the competitive edge that you were talking about.

If this is true, I'm psyched. Even if not I'll still listen to it but that would certainly give you some sort of edge ha.

BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 09:49 PM Reply

At 8/28/12 07:16 PM, Demon-Slayer12 wrote: Damn, I got 5 days to finish my song and I barely started.

Same story here. Just started another semester of college and it is draining my time. I'll come up with something though.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 11:12 PM Reply

At 8/28/12 08:10 PM, midimachine wrote: Yep, gonna have to make a song in a day again :V

I just switched universities this year, and I'm surprised at how much more work I have this semester compared to my last school. I guess I'll be composing most of my submission this weekend, because it doesn't look like I'll have much time during the week outside of classes.

Acid-Paradox
Acid-Paradox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 11:14 PM Reply

Sorry if im really taking a lot of time to make the reviews, I have been very busy but I´ll get the out for sure.

Music is my passion , not my business.

Demon-Slayer12
Demon-Slayer12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 11:45 PM Reply

At 8/28/12 09:49 PM, BlazingDragon wrote:
At 8/28/12 07:16 PM, Demon-Slayer12 wrote: Damn, I got 5 days to finish my song and I barely started.
Same story here. Just started another semester of college and it is draining my time. I'll come up with something though.

Yeah man, just when I thought I had nothing, I came up with something haha. Just started working on a tune in the last few hours, so I might make it!
I'm pretty you'll come up with something, it happened as soon as I sat down with my guitar, just like the old days haha

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 07:04 AM Reply

At 8/28/12 11:45 PM, Demon-Slayer12 wrote:
At 8/28/12 09:49 PM, BlazingDragon wrote:
Yeah man, just when I thought I had nothing, I came up with something haha. Just started working on a tune in the last few hours, so I might make it!
I'm pretty you'll come up with something, it happened as soon as I sat down with my guitar, just like the old days haha

I imagine it'll be like this in the later rounds: term will have started for a lot of us, and finding time for things like these will be difficult. Still, considering how talkative we were in Round 1, I was quite surprised when Round 2 was largely silent.

I'm also still surprised that our bracket (EbonHawk's and mine) is the only one so far to be complete.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
CheckeredZebra
CheckeredZebra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 08:29 AM Reply

Hey guys, I have some pretty bad news. I hate to screw up the judging process like this, but due to very painful health reasons I will have to withdraw. I have a terrible problem with my teeth in the bottom jaw, and none of the medications they're giving me are working. I am in a lot of pain, and nobody can quite tell why at this point in time. Barring a very sudden healing act and allowance of pretty late submissions, I won't be able to make it.

I had two attempts for my round.

Here's the first unfinished idea I had. I eventually dropped it for the one above due to the fact it was glitching like hell, hahaha. It would, if finished, have some odd chords in there while maintaining a light and airy feel at some parts, and then get suddenly heavy.
I tried mixing better on this one but it glitched and made the volumes weird. Sorry.
http://soundcloud.com/checkeredzebra/running-on-air

Here's the very unfinished second submission, which would have been my choice. It was going to have more, including some other excerpts from various instruments that sounded like a theatre musical. You can also hear the horrible timing issues, haha. (Example: random rushing in the playing). Those were going to be fixed, although technically I could say it was done for artistic interpretation; the event this dark song was based off of wasn't exactly orderly.
http://soundcloud.com/checkeredzebra/iroquis-theatre

Either way, sorry to be the problem child. Somebody bailed on me and now more than likely I'll have to leave camo to dry. Had I seen this coming (this started 3 days ago and is quickly escalating) I'd have not auditioned; I know others would've loved to participate in this tourney. Although it was a great learning experience, even if I only submitted for round 1. xD

I'll keep you posted if I can actually continue this, but more than likely I will not be able to.

Kor-Rune
Kor-Rune
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 11:00 AM Reply

With school and work, making music is tough to squeeze in there. And it's almost the second :c hopefully I can finish in time, I don't even have bass D:

~ My soundcloud! ~ Venus ~ hi i like liquor

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 01:34 AM Reply

Round 1 Reviews

Took longer than I was hoping, but all my round 1 reviews are finally done... so if you didn't have one before, you do now, go check.

Then commence the hate mail, bring it on!

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 07:02 AM Reply

At 8/29/12 08:29 AM, CheckeredZebra wrote: Hey guys, I have some pretty bad news.

That's sad news, get well soon. Don't worry about not submitting to the competition, you certainly have a good reason why you're not. Thanks for announcing it early.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 12:11 PM Reply

At 8/30/12 07:02 AM, Step wrote:
At 8/29/12 08:29 AM, CheckeredZebra wrote: Hey guys, I have some pretty bad news.
That's sad news, get well soon. Don't worry about not submitting to the competition, you certainly have a good reason why you're not. Thanks for announcing it early.

Well bugger, does that mean that I'm out of competition?

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 01:22 PM Reply

At 8/30/12 12:11 PM, camoshark wrote:
At 8/30/12 07:02 AM, Step wrote:
Well bugger, does that mean that I'm out of competition?

It likely means that if CheckeredZebra doesn't send in anything, you win by default.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
RetromanOMG
RetromanOMG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 05:31 PM Reply

• We are now in orbit
    We are now in orbit by RetromanOMG

NGADM Round 2

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 06:26 PM Reply

At 8/30/12 05:31 PM, RetromanOMG wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/501026

As a reminder, please do remember to send me a PM with your submission to absolutely 1,000% make sure I see it: there were a couple of entries I nearly missed last round, and one entry that I did miss entirely (because it wasn't posted in the thread).

RetromanOMG
RetromanOMG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 08:21 PM Reply

Oh, I was supposed to send it to you?

Shit. Sent it to Step.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 08:36 PM Reply

At 8/30/12 08:21 PM, RetromanOMG wrote: Oh, I was supposed to send it to you?

Shit. Sent it to Step.

No problem; this thread is quite a bit less active than the first round thread was. But basically I'm keeping track of the entries in an unofficially official submissions list :)

Waterflame
Waterflame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 09:47 PM Reply

At 8/30/12 05:31 PM, RetromanOMG wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/501026

I love this :D great work! its so soothing. good luck!

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 10:34 PM Reply

Only three days left, and five people submitted... I probably know the answer to "Where is everybody?" now, but the suspense is killing us all.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 31st, 2012 @ 04:49 AM Reply

At 8/30/12 10:34 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Only three days left, and five people submitted... I probably know the answer to "Where is everybody?" now, but the suspense is killing us all.

spent the whole day writing a lab report, posting at work. doing the still-haven't-started dance!

p.s. i am gay

Bosa
Bosa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 31st, 2012 @ 01:28 PM Reply

Unfortunately, I've been called away and I'll be gone this weekend. I didn't get as much time as I needed to actually produce something worth listening to, but I'll go ahead and submit it anyways soon since I'll miss the deadline entirely this weekend. This is disappointing to me, because I had something big planned for this round and I was hoping to actually have a chance to win this time. I guess I'll submit my VERY SHORT song in a few hours. Bother.

Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature
RetromanOMG
RetromanOMG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 31st, 2012 @ 02:41 PM Reply

I made some edits to the song just now. Hopefully that's okay.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 31st, 2012 @ 03:53 PM Reply

At 8/31/12 01:28 PM, Bosa wrote: I didn't get as much time as I needed to actually produce something worth listening to, but I'll go ahead and submit it anyways...

Sad face :( I still want to hear the finished version in the future, though.

camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 2 Aug. 31st, 2012 @ 03:56 PM Reply

Alright, so as I already wimpered in the Lounge, I've had my CCC hard drive stolen, so I'm having a bit of a setback for the completion of my track.

Also, even though EW sent me a message stating that I can in fact just download the engine, it doesn't include the samples, so I'm still in a pinch.